Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

6 minutes ago, bovril said:

Would be interested to hear from anybody who genuinely thinks we'll still avoid it

Can you speak to them without their carer present?

9 minutes ago, Aleksz said:

Oh and you called that Everton result today did you Einstein?

I mean I think the correct person would be Nostradamus but yeah pretty much. I said it was too much not to rely on the other teams to not pick up points because they will.

Everton outfought us across the park, it wasn’t that much of a stretch to assume they’ll pick up more points. 

Just now, bovril said:

People hoping West Ham won't have anything to play for on the final day. We won't. 

Just last week we were being told that Fulham have nothing to play for and are missing their best players.

The writing was on the wall when we couldnt even put in a performance against the 2 teams that have been as bad as us all season. 

• Like 2

After we drew against Leeds and Everton, someone here said they were not must win games. Yes they were. I can’t see where the next win is going to come from. We are done.

Madders missing the penalty last week was absolutely massive.

Edited by Tom12345
  • Like 2

May 2009 was our last relegation I think. 14 years of being on pretty much a non stop positive direction of travel. I guess that’s why this 18 month journey of decline feels harder to take than the many other previous relegations I’ve experienced over the last 50 years.

Just now, Cincinnati Fox said:

Vichai was a great man, top is just his son.

he is out of his depth

I'd argue he's placed too much trust in the circle he has around him at the club. Rather than looking at it logically, he's potentially seen the "family" and not wanted to get rid. 

Very apparent we need a huge refresh.

• Like 1

Feel absolutely gutted, much worse than previous relegations. Vichai and Pearson presented us with such an opportunity, but Top, Rudkin and Rodgers have really fuched things up. Its going to take alot to get over this one.

• Like 1

In 2 years since selling Maguire. The core of the club has become dysfunctional. In a normal business people would be sacked for stupid decisions and being incapable of doing their jobs! Who let's players go for free 😅😅

What annoys me most with this group is the number of times we have got absolutely battered this season and last.Feels like we have conceded 4+ in the past two years than probably the previous 25 years combined. It's just not a trait that's typical of any previous Leicester team I have known in the past, even in previous relegations. Some talent there but just so mentally fragile. They have had zero fight for far to long and it's not good enough.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It feels harder to take because of what we were given. I completely agree with you, this was hurts more and it hurts more because of the position one man and his vision let us be in.

This isn’t one of the weaker clubs in the division going down. Like we normally are. Or a club that has been on a downward spiral for a few seasons where one season of gross mismanagement has been the final nail. 

This is a club with the 7th highest wage bill. A club who have sold players at £60, 70, 80 million. A club with a poorly thought but frigging awesome training base. A team that had the commercial appeal of winning the most watched, intriguing title race ever - commercial appeal from that alone would’ve been significant. Champions league campaign. Fa cup (probably not as much as the others).A bad season for those facts should have this club at 12th - 14th. Where we are is not akin to a club that has generated the wealth it has over the last few season. 

The current group make up of owner, board, staff and players have genuinely ****ed up a gift of sound business planning, exceptional work and some outstanding luck and this club will pay for it. It’s different and unforgivable .

Absolutely spot on, this is on the owner, no one else.

Don't even like Leicester much these days hard to be a fan of this lot after all the fantastic teams of the previous decade,, it's a shame that we are going down but the success we have had in the past few years more than softens to play and f*** the management of this Football Club for letting us come to this point after we should have established ourselves as a genuine top team in English football.