Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Just now, JimmyC74 said:

Its the feeling we have squandered the legacy of the Premier League win and building the Club up over 10 years which makes the prospect of relegation so painful.

that and this season's decline has been a slow motion car wreck......we have all seen the errors well in advance (Allowing key talents to run down their contract / the disaster of the reset / rebuild / BR throwing has toys out of the pram / playing ward too long / failing to bin BR until too late etc etc) and the Board has been a sleep at the wheel.

I remember back in September 2021 we were getting beaten at Brighton. Things just felt wrong. 

Slow motion car wreck is precisely the phrase. We appear to have been powerless in our ability to reverse the decline. This day has been coming for a long time.

Just now, Harpenden Fox said:

I remember back in September 2021 we were getting beaten at Brighton. Things just felt wrong. 

Slow motion car wreck is precisely the phrase. We appear to have been powerless in our ability to reverse the decline. This day has been coming for a long time.

totally agree.  so, so angry. 

19 minutes ago, roblcfc84 said:

Relieved in a way it’s over and we can reboot from the ground up. Wolves game gave us some hope but let’s be honest those players are either not good enough or don’t care enough. 

The team that we fielded today is good enough, should be nowhere near a relegation scrap, basically they couldn't give a flying fvck, and therein lies the problem.,

Was still holding some hope til today but we are done now. This loss and the consistently slow starts plus efc and forest winning is us done. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

Yep. 

A Bournemouth fan said to me that you should always consider what legacy has been achieved in a top flight run.

We’ve got an oversized training ground which has meant for 90% of the squad the only time they step into Leicester is on a match day. 

We’ve pissed up the wall a huge chance to become something of a permanent fixture in the top flight. Forward thinking club helping develop players onto the next stage while playing in front of 40k. All eroded over a consecutive number of poor decisions at board level. 

We have not been ruthless enough to act when performances faltered and there are people in roles (Rudders) who don't have the capabilities to take us where we want to go.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, KP Fox said:

Same goes for us! 😔

Yeah not wrong! Such a different feeling than I imagined, I’m more angry that it’s shambolic we are being relegated, it’s not like first season or 2 where you probably don’t have the ability in the squad but they give there all, we’re the complete opposite of that which is sickening 

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

We have not been ruthless enough to act when performances faltered and there are people in roles (Rudders) who don't have the capabilities to take us where we want to go.

Steered away from a financial model too which was working. Really should have let Tielemans go at his peak. 

Complete negligence from the board. 

They took their eye off the ball on the pitch to focus on the infrastructure of the club…. And it’s come back to bite us.

The decision not to invest in the summer was a ****ing suicidal decision. 

Just now, Pliskin said:

They took their eye off the ball on the pitch to focus on the infrastructure of the club…. And it’s come back to bite us.

100%, it's also absolutely criminal to allow saleable assets to basically run down their contracts and leave on a free, shocking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pliskin said:

Plus the decision to keep Rodgers when it was clear he should have gone.... 

• Like 2

We are all but gone, and there will be lots of posts with the reasons why, the last 3 matches, and especially today, I put firmly at the players door, the lack of fight and effort was a disgrace, I would say we deserve what we get, but then most of the team wont be around next season when we are playing in the championship, no words or excuses will alleviate my pain, from the team, or players  come relegation day.

• Like 1

No idea why but I kind of feel relieved after today, a weight has been lifted now we’re not in control. 

Staying up from here is a bonus / miracle… I feel better about that than I have done in the last 3 weeks 

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

And they’re ironically done absolutely fvck all to improve that either. 

I have heard a rumour from a friend of a friends cousins wife, who cleans the club away coach that the latest discussion around what a successful end to the season would be was heard to be ...".lets work together to finish above Southampton."

I must be in the minority but I don't give a toss that we are going down.  Being served up footballing shit for 18 months has taken it all out of me as a fan. I genuinely cannot remember the last time I felt proud to be a city fan.  Have we really, truly had a good spell of decent football since the fa cup win? The odd game here and there sure.  But it's been a monumental downward trajectory from there and frankly, we deserve what's coming out way.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Bluefoxsam said:

More angry then sad if we go down. Should be a full on pitch invasion last game demanding some answers and hopefully Rudkin’s head! 

Won’t happen. Our fans are pathetic. They don’t cheer when we’re winning let alone protest when things are bad. 

That feeling is reflected by the players who also lack bollox. 

Im afraid we are down. Today has confirmed that. 

Just now, Dr What? said:

I have heard a rumour from a friend of a friends cousins wife, who cleans the club away coach that the latest discussion around what a successful end to the season would be was heard to be ...".lets work together to finish above Southampton."

Presumably a gossiping busybody type who overheard a self deprecating joke and shared it as being said and decided to take it out of Context to get some attention and have an excuse to moan. They're in every workplace and completely tiresome energy vampires.