Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

5 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Yep. 

A Bournemouth fan said to me that you should always consider what legacy has been achieved in a top flight run.

We’ve got an oversized training ground which has meant for 90% of the squad the only time they step into Leicester is on a match day. 

We’ve pissed up the wall a huge chance to become something of a permanent fixture in the top flight. Forward thinking club helping develop players onto the next stage while playing in front of 40k. All eroded over a consecutive number of poor decisions at board level. 

You know the training ground for as beautiful and enticing as it is, is probably one of the most poorly thought out projects this club has ever undertaken. 

People will say,  infrastructure investment is always a good thing and yes, that’s right but well thought out infrastructure investment with some element of risk. Not a full blown out vanity project which will set the club back years dependant on the one (significant) element of your business you can’t control. 

Say you have a business that churns out 1000 units a month of a product in a warehouse that realistically should only be churning out 800 of that product. Your nearest competitor is either on 500 units or 2500 units (depending which way you look). You decide to catch up with the bigger competitor and invest (with significant risk) in a warehouse capable of storing 5000 units but stick in that warehouse the same machine and facilities that had you over achieving at a 1000 units - you then decide to reduce maintenance on that machine to 2 times a year (previously 4). It sounds ****ing stupid because it is.

We needed a better training ground. We needed land to do that. But we also couldn’t neglect the playing side and product that we are so dependant on - we didn’t sign a player this summer until we sold Fofana - that is unacceptable. When you look at his ownership, we’ve failed the playing side too often since the Tielemans signing (arguably still under the “Vichai plan”).  

I know it’s not nice to hear and it seems harsh given the non business/football related history but the this board and this owner are horrendous for us. Some of us have this idea that we are “lucky” but there isn’t another PL club who would take Top as owner. That includes Everton. It’s not just a case of sacking Brendan late and “going with your gut”. There are many aspects to our demise which are scary. And I hope (like Brendan) we are not all too late to see it.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, bovril said:

Would be interested to hear from anybody who genuinely thinks we'll still avoid it

I'm one, we're still only one win from getting out the bottom three. That's not to say I have faith in these spineless willy pullers but it's not like we're Southampton who need 3 wins from 3 and other results to go for them.

• Haha 2

Next 3 games are going to be painful. 

Liverpool and Newcastle will steamroll us and the atmosphere at home on the last day against West Ham will be toxic! 

We had our chance and blew it already. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

You know the training ground for as beautiful and enticing as it is, is probably one of the most poorly thought out projects this club has ever undertaken. 

People will say,  infrastructure investment is always a good thing and yes, that’s right but well thought out infrastructure investment with some element of risk. Not a full blown out vanity project which will set the club back years dependant on the one (significant) element of your business you can’t control. 

When you consider on paper, you spent significant sums of money on land for which you can not get any rental return on but the training ground you leave can not be sold because of a sporting covenant on it, it didn’t make sense on a purely business decision. 

In the process of the ‘unseen’ thing is that by being out in the sticks, you become totally disattached from the city they club functions in. That’s not just an issue for the first team but also the academy; getting inner city kids to come out to North Leicestershire. 

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

When you consider on paper, you spent significant sums of money on land for which you can not get any rental return on but the training ground you leave can not be sold because of a sporting covenant on it, it didn’t make sense on a purely business decision. 

In the process of the ‘unseen’ thing is that by being out in the sticks, you become totally disattached from the city they club functions in. That’s not just an issue for the first team but also the academy; getting inner city kids to come out to North Leicestershire. 

Yeah never thought of that. Assume they put a minibus on

3 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Seagrave has a sporting covenant on it? I know the stadium has but didn't know the training complex did as well. 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

Seagrave has a sporting covenant on it? I know the stadium has but didn't know the training complex did as well. 

Belvoir Drive. 

We can’t sell the land due to a sporting covenant. All stems from the YMCA being based there etc. 

So we’ve moved to a new training ground but can’t reimburse the coffers with a few bob for Belvoir Dr 

• Like 1

Just now, Arkie Bennett said:

The management and the players are an utter disgrace. They've completely let down not only the fans but also the legacy of Vichai.

Alot of them never met Vichai or weren't in our title winning team so aren't bothered.....they still be getting their millions and driving their Lambo's.......wish we still had Albrighton in the team, at least he would have shown some fight 

It's been such a flat season right from the start. We've had the odd good result here and there, but never really looked like getting our act together long term. Clean sheets are a thing of the past now - going 20 minutes without conceding is about our limit at the moment. It's been far more wretched than we could ever have imagined and a horrible way to end a nine year top flight spell. 

Seriously, who do we want to keep. For me from the first team squad. Iverson KDH. Thomas, Souttar, Faes Nacho Barnes Ricardo Justin. The rest will either leave or not wanted. A massive rebuilding job is needed and I doubt whether Top wants it and or Rudkin is capable. 

Screenshot_20230508_221242_BBCSport.thumb.jpg.4a4ecfa8f674dd74388019d218011ba6.jpg

Just looking at this, I've finally had the realisation that we're down. No question about it. No more points so what the others do is irrelevant. Such a sad state of affairs. Top to bottom we need a clear out and we go again. I feel we'll also struggle in the championship next season. This is going to involve another 5-10 year plan with a new owner. Thanks Top, but we have to part ways. 

Rudkin / Whealan - you pair care f right off. Should have both gone years ago and solely lay the blame with you pair. 

Lowest I've felt as a Leicester fan. That includes when we dropped to league 1. This feels much much worse. 

• Like 2

It's a foregone conclusion now, no doubt about it not because of results elsewhere but because as demonstrated by our "performance" and attitude today, we have no capability whatsoever of plucking a win from anywhere.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Seriously, who do we want to keep. For me from the first team squad. Iverson KDH. Thomas, Souttar, Faes Nacho Barnes Ricardo Justin. The rest will either leave or not wanted. A massive rebuilding job is needed and I doubt whether Top wants it and or Rudkin is capable. 

Keep Thomas and Barnes? Both a big reason why we are where we are! 

• Like 1