Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

10 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

When you consider on paper, you spent significant sums of money on land for which you can not get any rental return on but the training ground you leave can not be sold because of a sporting covenant on it, it didn’t make sense on a purely business decision. 

In the process of the ‘unseen’ thing is that by being out in the sticks, you become totally disattached from the city they club functions in. That’s not just an issue for the first team but also the academy; getting inner city kids to come out to North Leicestershire. 

The reason it's in North Leicestershire rather than Leicester was to attract the best kids in Notts, Derbys, Lincs, etc. 

Letting Kasper go was the final nail in the coffin. Gutless maggots the lot of them, where's the passion? Where's the fight? Even Southampton as shit as they are, show more fight than we've ever done this entire season.

• Like 4

Rodgers and Top have to take a large part of the blame but we still had a good opportunity to save ourselves under Smith.

Set up today completely wrong. Ricky P needed to be on the field as did Mendy. I'd have been starting Daka and Vardy alongside each other aswell. The problem is at this stage, we NEED 3 points and if that means scoring 5 and conceding 4, so be it. Look at the Everton and Forest scores today. This timid, reserved attitude we have to games has been the death of us.

Edited by Larry_LCFC
  • Like 4

Does kinda feel like relegation is something the fans will suffer ..not the players or staff as so many of our players will get snapped up elsewhere regardless of their current failure

To stay still in the ultra competitive PL you have to move forward..we sat on the BR formula 2 years ago and lost ground on the competition.

I'm certain that we will bounce straight back up and hopefully the lesson will be learnt 

3 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

64% chance of going down. Which feels extremely generous to me. 

23C0DCDD-E8D2-42DA-9D87-75C150B115F7.jpeg

It does to me too. Leeds have a chance to get out of it with Spurs at home on the last day, so the methodology is something that needs investigating. I'd say we're 80% plus to go down and Leeds are about right.

2 minutes ago, Gerard said:

The reason it's in North Leicestershire rather than Leicester was to attract the best kids in Notts, Derbys, Lincs, etc. 

But it’s all swings and roundabouts if that’s the view because you aren’t serving Northants and outskirts of Cambs etc or down towards MK. Which is a less competitive area for talent. 

Either way your biggest catchment area (the city of Leicester) is now neglected due to logistics. You’d feel for kids from working class backgrounds who need their parents to get them out to Seagrave rather than somewhere on a bus route. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Adrian said:

Does kinda feel like relegation is something the fans will suffer ..not the players or staff as so many of our players will get snapped up elsewhere regardless of their current failure

To stay still in the ultra competitive PL you have to move forward..we sat on the BR formula 2 years ago and lost ground on the competition.

I'm certain that we will bounce straight back up and hopefully the lesson will be learnt 

If it happens as seems much more likely now, then I'm not confident we'll bounce back straight away. There are too many things wrong and the Championship, as we know, is no cake walk. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd
  • Like 1

Just now, Bilo said:

It does to me too. Leeds have a chance to get out of it with Spurs at home on the last day, so the methodology is something that needs investigating. I'd say we're 80% plus to go down and Leeds are about right.

It’s not the methodology as such. 385 majorly over rates our squad. Their rating is too high and doesn’t take into account form 

6 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Bourne talking out of his arse tbh. 

Just stupid. I know professional footballers aren't famed for their maths but any idiot looking at the table knows the danger.

The idea that they're complacent when every one of them looks terrified to have the ball is just stupid. 

...the quote from Bourne was not clear as to which area in the club was viewed as complacent!!!

I got the impression that he meant people within the non-playing staff, board members etc, who are not convinced of our possible demise. I would have suspected if it was regarding the players he would have said so, without naming names.

The complacency throughout the club has been unbelievable in the last two seasons, especially this one. We may yet achieve a miracle in the last 3 games but the writing on the wall was there when we conceded that 2 nil lead in the first game at home to Brentford. No plan B, no guts, no focus, no leaders, no self awareness of what was going on.... 

3 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Leeds and Forest could easily lose all 3 of their remaining games, so if we could sneak a win somehow, we'd be okay.

• Haha 3

We'll have the likes of Everton and Forest cherry pick our players and they'll go - apart from Madders and Youri, all the others won't give a shit who they play for as long as it's the Premier League 

On 06/04/2023 at 18:10, Area88 said:
  • We have scored 43 goals. Double about 8 out of 9 clubs ranked from 11th to 20th in the table.
  • Goals scored from other teams - Southampton  23 - Bournemouth 27 - Nottingham Forest 24, Everton - 23 - West Ham - 26  Wolves - 23- Crystal Palace 24 - Chelsea - 29
  • We have conceded 53 goals.  If we conceded only 13 less goals......
  • We would be top 6 based on the statistical data I.e. - Aston Villa are 7th with 38 goals scored and 40 goals conceded.

Source: Data analysis of the Premier League Table.

12 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

KKReVIc.jpg631a533e0a329a0011e38ea8?width=2000&formbig-pile-of-shit-jurassic-park.gif

I'm too stupid to work this out!

There was 4 huge mistakes made which has led us here

1.) Top, Rudkin and BR not being on the same page with summer transfer window.

2.) Letting Kasper and Fofana go so late in the window, we should have said no, and that we'd look towards Jan window. 

3.) I don't believe we couldn't have one the £12-£15m for lookman, we needed him.

4.) We should have pulled the plug on Perez/Albrighton deals

• Like 2