Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Sat and watched many of our games this season and thought this looks like a team that will be relegated. Sadly firmly believe this is now true. I don't think we will get another point in our remaining games. My biggest worry is that when we are down it will take several years to return. I do not believe for one minute that we would automatically bounce straight back up.

• Like 1

I don't even want us to play these last three games. What's the point. I just want the season to be over now. We have had our time in the sun and it's been the most successful period in the club's history, and we're very lucky to have experienced it all but right now it's just depressing supporting us. Architects of our own downfall. The players couldn’t care less cause most of them are working their notice. Absolutely spineless and shambolic. Fair play everton and forest, shown exactly what it means to try and get out of the relegation scrap. Just hope there’s not a spiral effect now cause I don’t even think we’re good enough for the championship. We need a massive clear out throughout the whole club.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Fazzer 7 said:

Seriously, who do we want to keep. For me from the first team squad. Iverson KDH. Thomas, Souttar, Faes Nacho Barnes Ricardo Justin. The rest will either leave or not wanted. A massive rebuilding job is needed and I doubt whether Top wants it and or Rudkin is capable. 

I can't bring myself to say I 'want' Faes or Thomas. I honestly think they'd have trouble in the FLC. Kristiansen likewise. I'd like to keep Nacho, maybe have Vardy knocking around if he ends the season well. Iversen hasn't done too much wrong. Perhaps Souttar, Justin and KDH would be useful, though I doubt they'll set the league alight. I can't think of anyone else among those likely to stay (and the vast bulk, if not all, of those who are on their way) that I haven't developed a deep dislike for, though there might be someone I'm forgetting. Pereira and some of the loanees perhaps, purely because I haven't had to watch them very often.

Obviously we've had far, far worse sides than this one, and maybe there's been one that was equally devoid of character, but I reckon we'll need to build very wisely if we're to be a competitive side in the second tier. It's got to be a whole new backbone.

39 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Next 3 games are going to be painful. 

Liverpool and Newcastle will steamroll us and the atmosphere at home on the last day against West Ham will be toxic! 

We had our chance and blew it already. 

We will likely be relegated before the final match. Might just be trying to avoid 20th place by the final day.

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

We will likely be relegated before the final match. Might just be trying to avoid 20th place by the final day.

Yeah, I think this is the case. Forest and Everton will ride a wave and get at least one more point against the odds before the final day. We won’t get any more

24 minutes ago, Adrian said:

Does kinda feel like relegation is something the fans will suffer ..not the players or staff as so many of our players will get snapped up elsewhere regardless of their current failure

To stay still in the ultra competitive PL you have to move forward..we sat on the BR formula 2 years ago and lost ground on the competition.

I'm certain that we will bounce straight back up and hopefully the lesson will be learnt 

No chance we bounce straight back up. We will be rebuilding the entire team from scratch on a shoestring budget with an as yet unknown manager, all guided by our board and DoF.

We’ll have a few years in the wilderness and when we return to the PL, we will be back at square one having squandered the legacy of the PL title and FA cup win.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Agreed. Forest and Everton will be buzzing after today and only 1 win away from surviving in all probability. 

We will lose the next 2 games, I have no doubt about that, and I expect the gap being 4 points by the time West Ham show up. Done and Done. 

Feeling pretty certain it's all over mathematically before the West Ham game after today's results. The "lap of appreciation" under Puel vs West Ham after a loss was quite something, with the players walking around to pratically no one as everyone streamed to the exits. This one, also against West Ham in a twist of fate, will be a whole other level of pathetic. A wake for our time in the Premier League, the funeral for the death of everything we built up over the last decade, all pissed away through stupidity, hubris, poor planning and some of the worst leadership at an executive and managerial level as have ever been seen in this division.

• Like 3

I am at a place where I am going to try to enjoy the next few home games. 

All.i can do.is song and support the team, and will continue to do so until the last day.

All we can do now is to try and back the team and hope for a twist of fate to go our way. The rest is out of our hands. 

• Like 1

Just seems to tie into the wider reality of the city feeling like it's pulling apart at the seams right now.

What I'd give to get that 2014-2017 feeling back again. Not even the footballing success, just the feeling of the city being united and proud of itself. It's incredible how even the crap aspects of living in Leicester just felt so much better when we were riding that wave.

Instead, now, we've got community tensions, dreadful politics, increasing dereliction, a homelessness crisis, and a growing realisation that our amenities, transport and the future prospects for meaningful investment, tourism and employment range from substandard to basically non-existent. A lot of it was always there. It's just way more obvious without positive things to distract you - and let's be real, sport is all Leicester has on a continuous basis, with LCFC top of the pile.

The footy is an important sense of identity for any town or city, and right now the infighting amongst the fans, the resignation to failure, the shiny vanity projects hiding a rotten core (hello Seagrave), the way those in charge are completely out-of-touch with those who have to endure the dross, the tone-deaf response to unrest and disobedience from those in the stands, the realisation that for all we kid ourselves others close by us have it better... well, isn't that just a perfect reflection of living here in 2023?

Edited by OntarioFox
  • Like 2

35 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

to be fair, I would take that over what Palace have lol

I thought about Palace today would you wanna be guaranteed finishing between 10th-14th every season, no chance of ever winning something, or actually getting relegated or be relegated and bounce back up within 5 years. I'd choose the relegation of those 2 options.

2 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

I thought about Palace today would you wanna be guaranteed finishing between 10th-14th every season, no chance of ever winning something, or actually getting relegated or be relegated and bounce back up within 5 years. I'd choose the relegation of those 2 options.

Palace will go down eventually. Might even be next season if they don't get the next Manager right. I'd take our last 10 years over there's! 

• Like 1

Three disastrous results today even if the Forest one was expected. Don't see any way back. The team is filled with cowards and overpaid prima Donna's.

The summer is a complete rebuild job of massive proportions. Only thing I take heart from is how Burnley dealt with relegation. In that regard the appointment of the manager in the summer is one of the most important in the clubs history.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Palace will go down eventually. Might even be next season if they don't get the next Manager right. I'd take our last 10 years over there's! 

Agreed. Any day of the week

• Like 1