Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

3 hours ago, Bilo said:

It does to me too. Leeds have a chance to get out of it with Spurs at home on the last day, so the methodology is something that needs investigating. I'd say we're 80% plus to go down and Leeds are about right.

It’s based on stats, attacking and defensive. We have a better attack statistically than those down there with us, and none of us can defend, so I guess the probability of us pulling out a random win unexpectedly is considered to be higher. I’m not sure what time period they evaluate it over.

We watch every game and a significant number of us have seen this coming for a while now even when the probability of relegation was low in theory. I didn’t see us getting another point this season before the Fulham game, and I haven’t changed my mind. 

No way back from this now. At least 2 points from safety with 3 to play. Ordinarily doable, but not with our powder-puff, poorly organised, dispirited team. Add to that that we face 2 clubs in Champions League contention and another much improved. I’d really be surprised if we got more than a single point in the remaining matches.

So envious watching the fight in Forest and Everton compared with the “lay down and die” from us.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

3 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

No way back from this now. At least 2 points from safety with 3 to play. Ordinarily doable, but not with our powder-puff, poorly organised, dispirited team. Add to that that we face 2 clubs in Champions League contention and another much improved. I’d really be surprised if we got more than a single point in the remaining matches.

So envious watching the fight in Forest and Everton compared with the “lay down and die” from us.

This is it. We had the chances to save ourselves- despite being fcuking awful this season - and the players couldn’t lift themselves / show the effort for a couple of games.

still fuming

• Like 1

genuinely wish I'd thought the board were incompetent enough to ignore the damning trends in performances until it was too late. this has been coming for 18 months and if I'd known how inept they were I could have made a killing 

• Like 1

Re. Bournes complacency comments and Maddison playing it up to the media. How many of these players have been in a relegation battle before? I can’t think of many who wouldn’t have had careers to this point that have had an upwards trajectory. I purely think that many of them just don’t get it.

We’ll avoid relegation and stay up on 33 points, forest will loose all 3 of there next games and Leeds will only manage 2 draws, while we loose to Liverpool and Newcastle then scrape it on the last game of the season with a win keeping us up on goal difference.

Call me mad but thats the effect this season has had on me, as hard as I try I can’t bring myself to accept relegation.

Edited by jonathan_ross
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

We’ll avoid relegation and stay up on 33 points, forest will loose all 3 of there next games and Leeds will only manage 2 draws, while we loose to Liverpool and Newcastle then scrape it on the last game of the season.

Call me insane but that the effect this season has had on me, as hard as I try I can’t bring myself to accept relegation.

Put your money down on that as the odds massively suggest otherwise. Sadly you are delusional 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

We’ll avoid relegation and stay up on 33 points, forest will loose all 3 of there next games and Leeds will only manage 2 draws, while we loose to Liverpool and Newcastle then scrape it on the last game of the season with a win keeping us up on goal difference.

Call me mad but thats the effect this season has had on me, as hard as I try I can’t bring myself to accept relegation.

Would you like a hug?

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Notts Forest pick up at least a point from their game at Chelsea, which if they do will mean we are screwed because we ain't getting anything from our next 2 games, and Everton will beat Bournemouth at home last game, and probably win at Wolves before that.  Basically we are screwed, but the club, management and players only have themselves to blame. Of course many of our players won't be relegated because they will move to other clubs playing top flight football elsewhere, and there in lies one of our biggest problems, which is becoming more and more evident the nearer to the end of the season we get. Frankly my fellow Leicester fans, they don't give a damn!

We need a couple of bullies in this team, hard barstools... we just look wimpish 

Enough of the failing fancy football,  do something different now

3 at back 5 in middle and 2 up top.

Nothing to lose now,  catching forest and Everton is now nigh on impossible 

1 minute ago, smudger63 said:

Wouldn't be surprised if Notts Forest pick up at least a point from their game at Chelsea, which if they do will mean we are screwed because we ain't getting anything from our next 2 games, and Everton will beat Bournemouth at home last game, and probably win at Wolves before that.  Basically we are screwed, but the club, management and players only have themselves to blame. Of course many of our players won't be relegated because they will move to other clubs playing top flight football elsewhere, and there in lies one of our biggest problems, which is becoming more and more evident the nearer to the end of the season we get. Frankly my fellow Leicester fans, they don't give a damn!

giphy-downsized.gif

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Just heard another radio segment saying they felt a little for Rodgers, as he wasn't supported in the transfer market. Fml 

And don't forget that Top needs good people around him. :rolleyes:

29 minutes ago, Lookatthebluesky said:

Put your money down on that as the odds massively suggest otherwise. Sadly you are delusional 

They don’t massively suggest otherwise. Leeds are a shorter price than us to go down and Forest certainly aren’t out of it at around 6/4. Forest will be a big price to get anything out of the next two games and will then probably be odds against v Palace to get a point or more. 

• Like 1