Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

I just have a feeling Forest will take something against this sh** Chelsea side which will put them on the brink of safety.

That'll leave us, Leeds and Everton in a dogfight. There's a growing concern Leeds will beat Spurs on the final day. West Ham might also be on the beach (albeit for us too). 

Everton barring the Man City game are more than capable of taking points from the last two as indicated yesterday

Always felt we'd need a win from either of the Liverpool and Newcastle games but worrying that even that may not be enough depending on other results. The only plus point is our goal difference (which one big defeat will also diminish)

Going down will be rough as I don’t think we’ll bounce back that easily. Somehow, I find it hard to root for the team. The owners and the board are responsible, the team directors are responsible, the managers are responsible and the players are responsible and I feel like none of them have the urgency or passion that we do - and that’s hard.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, FoxesWalk said:

It’s based on stats, attacking and defensive. We have a better attack statistically than those down there with us, and none of us can defend, so I guess the probability of us pulling out a random win unexpectedly is considered to be higher. I’m not sure what time period they evaluate it over.

We watch every game and a significant number of us have seen this coming for a while now even when the probability of relegation was low in theory. I didn’t see us getting another point this season before the Fulham game, and I haven’t changed my mind. 

This is where ‘statistics’ are simply used to suit a narrative rather than what our own eyes are telling us. We will not BEAT Liverpool or Newcastle, we might score a couple of goals against each, but we’ll concede 4+ goals (possibly more).

If by some miracle, it even goes to the final day where we need a win, this group of chumps will have brown sliding down the insides of their legs! They don’t have it in them!

5 minutes ago, RumbleFox said:

“Best training facilities in the Championship, you’ll never sing that.”

With all the meme's about Everton having the best stadium (regarding the one being built) in the Championship going round i'm surprised people haven't latched onto this. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Doctor said:

genuinely wish I'd thought the board were incompetent enough to ignore the damning trends in performances until it was too late. this has been coming for 18 months and if I'd known how inept they were I could have made a killing 

This we've been more or less dogshit since we bottled the champions league places twice. Everyone told us how thankful we should be, but I could see a team of soft pathetic, clueless, sideways football playing losers with no passion or leadership. The football has largely been insipid for 2 years, bar the odd game. 

I watched Brighton vs Everton yesterday, if they lose some key players they could go the same way, they have a very soft underbelly. 

The games this year have been so predictable, start game, pass it around at the back, maybe create a chance, someone gives the ball away, opposition score. If I am able to predict the flow, its not hard for the opposition to unravel us. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

We will not BEAT Liverpool or Newcastle, we might score a couple of goals against each, but we’ll concede 4+ goals (possibly more).

This is a fact! There is no way on earth this team beat Liverpool or Newcastle. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, splinterdream said:

Every team needs at least a couple of players firing to get results, and both Everton with Doucoure, DCL and iwobi, and forest with gibbs white, Danilo and Felipe, who do we have? 

Clap banners!

Now I’ve slept. I’ve been able to bring myself to look at the table. 

There’s still a very slim chance of a last day shoot out.

It would take an insane result against Liverpool or Newcastle…. But there’s a strong possibility Forest and Leeds won’t pick up another point until the final game. If we can somehow, by some miracle pick up a win in between we can get out of the relegation zone for the last game..

Only problem is, is this team up for it? Can they find something that saw them win the FA cup, get to a European final? Is someone going to step up and motivate them? 

If I were top, I would be marching into that training ground today, and stripping the walls. Someone needs to lay into these ****ers. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, RumbleFox said:

“Best training facilities in the Championship, you’ll never sing that.”

Last we were relegated from the PL we had just built a new stadium as well. Lo behold our "state-of-the-art" training facilities (which, let's face it, has not exactly been a boon to our squad this season) will likely drag us down again into the murky depths of economic peril..

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

It would take an insane result against Liverpool or Newcastle…. But there’s a strong possibility Forest and Leeds won’t pick up another point until the final game. If we can somehow, by some miracle pick up a win in between we can get out of the relegation zone for the last game..

Only problem is, is this team up for it? Can they find something that saw them win the FA cup, get to a European final? Is someone going to step up and motivate them? 

If I were top, I would be marching into that training ground today, and stripping the walls. Someone needs to lay into these ****ers. 

We didn't even reach the final of the ECL... And no, our team clearly isn't up for it. Our defensive woes will only be exposed by Newcastle, Liverpool and West Ham (who already have a knack of humiliating us), so unless they suddenly find some defensive solidity from somewhere, we stand no chance.

6 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Leeds maybe. Forest and Everton will keep plugging away. I genuinely think there is a chance we could go into the Newcastle game already relegated, and if not, then we will get relegated there when we fail to win.

We need to win 2 out of 3 matches to stay up. Not happening, we'll do well to get 1 more point.

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Don’t do it to yourself.

This team has proven without doubt many times that they are not up for it.

Even if we got a point against Liverpool they would choke like you wouldnt believe against Newcastle. 

Well it feels like it’s the end of an era. What a ride to get here though. We have been in this position before and probably will be again. I remember the day we got relegated to league 1, I thought our beloved club was lost forever but what then happened gives us all hope.

we need to reset , cleanse the club from top to bottom and see where it takes us. We have always been a yo-yo club but this time the string on the yo-yo was a lot longer than normal.

Just now, mazarron fox said:

Well it feels like it’s the end of an era. What a ride to get here though. We have been in this position before and probably will be again. I remember the day we got relegated to league 1, I thought our beloved club was lost forever but what then happened gives us all hope.

we need to reset , cleanse the club from top to bottom and see where it takes us. We have always been a yo-yo club but this time the string on the yo-yo was a lot longer than normal.

Its needed so badly, but whilst Top is there I cant see it happening. You has yes man Jon and an army of middle management who won't question or dare to upset their overlord.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No chance mate. 

We’re gonna need 5 or 6 points, we’ll lose 1 game so need to win 2 out of 3. Let it go we’re down. 

Just now, SemperEadem said:

Its needed so badly, but whilst Top is there I cant see it happening. You has yes man Jon and an army of middle management who won't question or dare to upset their overlord.

We have an owner who is disgusted when fans boo. 

We had a manager who criticised the fans for voicing their displeasure. 

We had a ticket office that actively tries to discourage anyone with a voice attending games, whilst also banning people for minor things. 

We have a social media watchdog team who actively ban people for any criticism of personnel or individuals. 

In some ways I find it bloody hilarious that these clowns will know be running a Championship club, hopefully a few will be down the job centre at the start of next season, they’ve got way too big for their boots. 

• Like 1