Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

31 minutes ago, Area88 said:

Are we the next Leeds Utd? Massive over investment in players and then drop out of the Premier League due to spiralling debts and huge wage bills?

We’re no where near the nuclear meltdown that Leeds United were. They could have gone under, had they not been managed correctly coming out of the other end. 

The strongest transfer rumour - I appreciate this isn’t very scientific - is a midfielder. I swear we get relegated if we fail to reinforce the central defence at the very least. If we bring in another midfielder - how many do we need? - and fail to strengthen the defence then I will lose all faith in the current club management….I would say we need two centre backs minimum…

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Number 6 said:

Could go WDDLL for the rest of the season and get 34 points. Win % of 20%. Not that wer want it to be so close.

Whilst I know we won't win all of these, and we've looked awful so far with good home games, we still have Bournemouth, Forest, Fulham, Everton, Leeds, Palace, Wolves, Villa to play at home. 

We got a point from Brentford and Southampton at home, I don't think we can assume anything about these games!

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

If we fail to bring three players in between now and the 1st. I predict we will finish comfortably bottom of the league, by some margin. 

You think they will affect more than a manager swap?

Our defence is solved the moment we get someone in who can coach defending.  Evans, Castagne, Justin and Soyuncu are more than capable.

Once we play more direct we will also score more goals.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Sly said:

Okay, some contrast on teams with 1 (or less) point after 4 games during the past 10 seasons. 

22/23

Leicester - TBC! 

21/22

Norwich, Newcastle, Burnley - 2 relegated.

All three changed Manager during the season. 

36 points to stay up. 

20/21

Fulham, Sheffield U, Burnley, WBA - 3 relegated (all finished bottom 4).

Two changed Manager during the season.

29 points to stay up.

19/20

Watford - Relegated

Changed Manager 3 times during the season. 

35 points to stay up.

18/19

West Ham, Burnley, Newcastle - None relegated

None changed Manager. 

35 points to stay up.

17/18

Bournemouth and Crystal Palace - None relegated

Neither changed Manager. 

34 points to stay up. 

16/17

Sunderland and Stoke - 1 relegated. 

Neither changed coach. 

35 points to stay up. 

15/16

None

38 points to stay up.

14/15

None

36 points to stay up.

13/14

Sunderland - Didn’t get relegated. 

Changed Manager. 

34 points to stay up.

12/13

Southampton and Reading - One relegated. 

Both changed Manager. 

37 points to stay up.

Over the 10 years

Mean average points to stay up - 34.9 points.

So we need another 34 points. That’s 11 wins. So we now need to win 33% of games, or 1 in 3. 

Didn’t Crystal Palace sack Frank De Boer only a few games in??

I really think this could happen, not sure who to blame but TOP and RODGERS have to take the lions share . It’s disgraceful that we as a club could not even buy one player , and u wonder why players want to leave , when they see no growth in the team . There seems to be a lack of vision at the club , those two years when we finished 5th , we could of finished 4th had we brought 1-2 players in the January window, and the extra money we would have got would have covered the outlay . Now we are going to see us fight to survive, because of a lack of vision 

I think the pandemic has hit King Power big time and they just don't have the money to invest. Have always sold a big name and re invested in squad. Problem now is time is running out and have no margin or error for duff signings with Fofana money. Recent signings have not been good enough so we can't afford anymore errors. Worrying times. Schmeichel obviously had seen this coming and left. I'm sure he wouldn't have gone if all was OK at the club.

6 minutes ago, StevieH said:

I think the pandemic has hit King Power big time and they just don't have the money to invest. Have always sold a big name and re invested in squad. Problem now is time is running out and have no margin or error for duff signings with Fofana money. Recent signings have not been good enough so we can't afford anymore errors. Worrying times. Schmeichel obviously had seen this coming and left. I'm sure he wouldn't have gone if all was OK at the club.

The financial challenges facing King Power are huge. It seems that they are committed to keeping their 11000 employees on full pay even though many of their duty free outlets aren’t open for trading. That must be costing a bomb. 
As has been stated the share value of King Power has declined significantly added to the fact that the King Power source of loans to Leicester is now probably on hold will only add to the dilemma 

Guest Col city fan
10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

34 games to go. 

If we are in the bottom 3 at Christmas, thats when to worry. 

No I don’t agree. The teams around us, minus Bournemouth, are investing. If we get too far adrift, too early, we’ll struggle.

The prem is a funny old thing. Utd could come to us on Thursday and we turn them over. But it’s not looking likely at the moment. Then we play a very competent Brighton side, at their place.

We have to start picking up points soon or this could turn into a VERY hard season.

Guest Col city fan
19 minutes ago, StevieH said:

Schmeichel is a shrewd man. He’s intelligent and I believe he DID get out when he thought it was the right time to do so.

17 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

No I don’t agree. The teams around us, minus Bournemouth, are investing. If we get too far adrift, too early, we’ll struggle.

The prem is a funny old thing. Utd could come to us on Thursday and we turn them over. But it’s not looking likely at the moment. Then we play a very competent Brighton side, at their place.

We have to start picking up points soon or this could turn into a VERY hard season.

It can all change quickly.

Maybe the pandemic has affected king powers finances which is reflective of the lack of funds available for new signings, but clearly the business interests of the West Ham owners (whatever they may be) has not been hit as they have just splashed out 50 million on a player, breaking there transfer record in the process.

Edited by jonathan_ross

30 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

Maybe the pandemic has affected king powers finances which is reflective of the lack of funds available for new signings, but clearly the business interests of the West Ham owners (whatever they may be) has not been hit as they have just splashed out 50 million on a player, breaking there transfer record in the process.

Does anyone buy this? I've no doubt it's true in terms of King Power. But were they previously putting money into the club that they now are not? Given we've been run at a profit over the last 5 years, I wouldn't have thought so?

12 hours ago, Pliskin said:

If we fail to bring three players in between now and the 1st. I predict we will finish comfortably bottom of the league, by some margin. 

Didn't know that Bournemouth had been kicked out the league.

The links that are coming out are starting to make relegation look even more possible. Why don’t we seem to have a clear plan for how we’re going to spend the Fofanna money?! Surely we have/had 2 or 3 CBs lined up and ready to go? 

• Like 1