Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Assuming Forest get 0 more points (which isn't impossible, in fact I'd say there's a decent chance) you're looking at a straight up cup final vs West Ham. 

Which is good news, we famously do very well on the last day of the season when there's a lot riding on it. 

Just look at our famous wins against United and Tottenham to seal Champions League qualification. 

Glory days. 

Id be astonished if we took it to the final day of the season. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Assuming Forest get 0 more points (which isn't impossible, in fact I'd say there's a decent chance) you're looking at a straight up cup final vs West Ham. 

Which is good news, we famously do very well on the last day of the season when there's a lot riding on it. 

Just look at our famous wins against United and Tottenham to seal Champions League qualification. 

Glory days. 

We will be mathematically down before the final game kicks off, imo 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I can't see it. 

For me it's a straight shoot out between Forest and Leicester. 

The absolutely gutting thing is that we probably, for the second year running, let Everton off the hook. This time at our expense. For me that penalty miss against Everton to go 3-1 up is the butterfly effect moment that probably saved them and relegated us. 

It gave them buoyancy. Before that point against us you couldn't see Everton picking up any more, they looked in massive trouble. Now you look at their games against Wolves and Bournemouth (both of whom they'll be dead rubbers for) and you think, yeah, they're probably going to get a few more points. 

So it's just a simple question - can we get three more points than Forest from our remaining games? 

If Forest pick up one more point, we're probably down. 

Screenshot_20230502_084933_Sheets.jpg

Me neither mate, just wishful thinking. 

10 minutes ago, Chelmofox said:

Id be astonished if we took it to the final day of the season. 

6 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

We will be mathematically down before the final game kicks off, imo 

In order for that to happen two of the following have to happen:

Leeds take 4 points from Newcastle (home) and West Ham (away.) Not likely. 

Everton take two points from Man City (home) and Wolves (away.) Largely depends on Wolves. 

Forest take a point from Chelsea (away) and Arsenal (home.) I'd personally be surprised. 

That's all assuming we take 0 points from Newcastle and Liverpool. 

I think the odds of it being decided before the last game are slim personally. I think we'll be relegated and I can definitely imagine a situation on the last day where its mathematically possible but UNLIKELY that we survive. But I don't see it being concluded before we play WHU. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Just looked at the start if this thread and so many called this season correctly.

Many doom laden posts were rediculed and you would think rightly so - after all it was only August!

However, this demise was so bloody obvious before the season started. Many were voicing their concerns over 2 years ago for crying out loud.

How on Earth did those who could have made a difference, be so blind as to the direction we were certainly heading?

Which is evidence that’ our club has been  run in a absolute shambles way , rudkin absolutely has to take responsibility and go, top also has to have a long hard think if he is up for running a football club, Like our hopeless spineless team from top to bottom this club can’t even get the basics right! Absolutely unforgivable 

7 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Everton take two points from Man City (home) and Wolves (away.) Largely depends on Wolves. 

Forest take a point from Chelsea (away) and Arsenal (home.) I'd personally be surprised. 

I think the odds of it being decided before the last game are slim personally. I think we'll be relegated and I can definitely imagine a situation on the last day where its mathematically possible but UNLIKELY that we survive. But I don't see it being concluded before we play WHU. 

I think this is fairly likely going in to the final day. 

I gave Everton a draw at Wolves and Leeds a draw at West Ham. 

That would leave a final day where all four could technically go down. We'd be fvcked if Forest and Everton drew or if one of them won and so did Leeds. 

Forest are at Palace, Leeds host Spurs and Everton are at home to Bournemouth. I'd bet my life Everton win that. 

Screenshot_20230509_122503_Chrome.jpg

I'm intrigued by what the stadium is going to be like on that final day if everything is riding on it tbh. If we lost it and went down it'd go from being a vibrant, raucous atmosphere to a powder keg and then sheer desolation within the space of 90 mins.

Equally a pitch invasion if we win it. In 21 years of the KP we've never really had a proper moment in the stadium. We've had big matches but nothing that has been mathematically decided on the result of a game that causes a spontaneous eruption that would lead to a pitch invasion. The one in 2014 was forced.

9 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I think this is fairly likely going in to the final day. 

I gave Everton a draw at Wolves and Leeds a draw at West Ham. 

That would leave a final day where all four could technically go down. We'd be fvcked if Forest and Everton drew or if one of them won and so did Leeds. 

Forest are at Palace, Leeds host Spurs and Everton are at home to Bournemouth. I'd bet my life Everton win that. 

Screenshot_20230509_122503_Chrome.jpg

I think this is reasonably realistic. Though maybe Leeds win at West Ham (in between their Europa fixtures) and we then need both Leeds and Forest to lose on the final day, whilst also doing the business ourselves. I think with the two games Everton finish on they're probably safe after that result yesterday.

Just now, Finnegan said:

Damn you with your reasoning! Part of me just doesn't want there to be the hope that subsequently gets crushed. 

22 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Just looked at the start if this thread and so many called this season correctly.

Many doom laden posts were rediculed and you would think rightly so - after all it was only August!

However, this demise was so bloody obvious before the season started. Many were voicing their concerns over 2 years ago for crying out loud.

How on Earth did those who could have made a difference, be so blind as to the direction we were certainly heading?

It really is quite interesting going back and seeing just how many people were calling it in August. And how many were complacent.

There's even one guy who posting detailed statistics and showing that our defence is terrible and it's not just a blip. 

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I’d written Leeds off in fairness. I see Everton beating Wolves. Forest are above Chelsea in the form table I think, and appear capable of earning a point there. They are full of fight, unlike us. 

Both of the above are more likely than us taking a single point again this season, for me. 

2 minutes ago, Number 6 said:

I think this is reasonably realistic. Though maybe Leeds win at West Ham (in between their Europa fixtures) and we then need both Leeds and Forest to lose on the final day, whilst also doing the business ourselves. I think with the two games Everton finish on they're probably safe after that result yesterday.

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

Damn you with your reasoning! Part of me just doesn't want there to be the hope that subsequently gets crushed. 

I can do one better, my prediction for the final day is Leeds draw to finish on 32, Everton win to finish on 36 and Forest lose. 

Meaning we'd stay up on goal difference if we beat West Ham. 

I genuinely do think there's a strong chance that West Ham game will be a straight cup final against a team on the beach. So naturally we'd shit the bed and fail to win but still. Bowen to relegate us on the counter wouldn't surprise anyone. 

The biggest wildcard for me is Forest. I could be wrong but I don't think Allardyce has enough impact at Leeds. It's too late and their remaining fixtures aren't kind.

But Forest just look ridiculous at the moment, they're absolutely shit housing their way to results they have no real right to. I don't mean that in any bitter sense, they deserve a lot of credit for the amount of fight they're putting in. I wish we were. They're keeping it simple and just hitting teams on the counter pretty well and they look like they're playing with way less fear than us.

So honestly they could pick up a random point anywhere in their remaining games and if they do we're probably down. 

• Like 2

We're not just going to roll over for Everton. They will be desperate for points after getting a good hiding against Man City and will have to have a go at us. Results like Brighton don't happen every week and we are pretty good defensively at home (0 goals conceded in the last 4 home games).

They might turn up and beat us, yes. However the probabilities say they won't. 

• Like 1

You could tolerate Premier League relegation more if it was straight after promotion like 2 of the previous 3 or something gradual like over 3-4 years of decline but we have sleepwalked into this situation.

Its unforgivable from Top and the rest of his crew what awaits us.

A miracle of incompetence. And some believe a reset under them will be a blessing. Dream on

2 hours ago, RobHawk said:

Wouldn't wanna be in the trenches with you ffs. 

It looks bad right now, but there's still three games left and I'm sure there's still some twists and turns to go. 

I can accept the situation is dire and not looking good, but still be hopeful and give my all to support the team to try and turn things round. 

Some of you lot just enjoy being miserable, it's a game and the ups and downs are part of why we love it, we are Leicester city, we don't do boring

This is like in WW2 when there were some Japanese soldiers still fighting after Japan had surrendered. I will watch the games and support the team but we have all watched a nuclear bomb be dropped on the club the other day, there's nothing we can do as fans to stop relegation when the players clearly arent interested in fighting for survival. It's best to just look ahead to next season in the championship and hope that we manage to slow down this freefall that the club is in. If a miracle does happen and these player put some effort in to get over the line then fair play but at this point all evidence points to us being gone, you will save yourself a lot of heartache if you accept it now.

Lets dig deep guys, whatever you got left vent it in the next game, support the boys even more.  Its a shot to nothing I know , just back them, you just never know.  

Id like to never see Youri, and Soumare in the team again this season.

Play this team and we have a chance

Iverson

Faes Souttar Soyunchu

Mendy Prat

Tete          KDH       BArnes

Madders

Daka

Lets go for it against pool.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Foxes with Sprit said:

Lets dig deep guys, whatever you got left vent it in the next game, support the boys even more.  Its a shot to nothing I know , just back them, you just never know.  

Id like to never see Youri, and Soumare in the team again this season.

Play this team and we have a chance

Iverson

Faes Souttar Soyunchu

Mendy Prat

Tete          KDH       BArnes

Madders

Daka

Lets go for it against pool.

praet after the performance he put in yesterday? he should be on the blacklist till the rest of the season and the first name we sell this summer whatever happens

6 hours ago, jonathan_ross said:

We’ll avoid relegation and stay up on 33 points, forest will loose all 3 of there next games and Leeds will only manage 2 draws, while we loose to Liverpool and Newcastle then scrape it on the last game of the season with a win keeping us up on goal difference.

Call me mad but thats the effect this season has had on me, as hard as I try I can’t bring myself to accept relegation.

It’s almost as if you’ve not been following us over the last 18 months!

• Like 1

Worst bit of this is just the waiting though. 

Don't get me wrong, a full week to sort it out and rally everyone is probably best for Smith and our chances of getting anything from the next game. 

But right now I just want it to be over. Three games in a week? That'd do. 

• Like 2