Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

23 minutes ago, Foxes with Sprit said:

Lets dig deep guys, whatever you got left vent it in the next game, support the boys even more.  Its a shot to nothing I know , just back them, you just never know.  

Id like to never see Youri, and Soumare in the team again this season.

Play this team and we have a chance

Iverson

Faes Souttar Soyunchu

Mendy Prat

Tete          KDH       BArnes

Madders

Daka

Lets go for it against pool.

Here here to no more Youri or Soumare!!

• Like 2

We'll probably beat Liverpool or Newcastle and still go down. That's how we like to do things.

For as crap as we've been, yesterday was the game where the players really looked like they couldn't give a s***. Pathetic bar a couple and those were guys who won't be here next year.

36 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I genuinely do think there's a strong chance that West Ham game will be a straight cup final against a team on the beach. So naturally we'd shit the bed and fail to win but still. Bowen to relegate us on the counter wouldn't surprise anyone. 

This is 100% what I'm predicting. Everything else goes our way on the last day and we fail to capitalise, just like two years back going for the top 4 against Spurs when Chelsea lost at Villa.

17 minutes ago, erlee said:

Let's see how accurate the "Super"Computer prediction is...

I reckon Everton has the bst chance of staying up. It's d0wn to Us or Forest. 

image.png.58a71682260bb5cee36385f193c62849.png

How does this supercomputer predict we'll get 4 points from our last 3 games? Did he/she not watch us yesterday?

Hope it gets malware

• Haha 3

I reckon 34 points would give us a 50%+ chance of survival, but we'd go down with 33 points.

Everton: I reckon they'll get at least 4 points from their last 2 matches, finishing above us on 36+ points.

Forest: I can see them losing to Chelsea & Arsenal, but scrapping to get a point at Palace -> 34 points

Leeds: The timing of their match at West Ham worries me - West Ham play their Euro-semi 2nd leg in Holland Thursday night, perhaps with extra time, then play Leeds Sunday lunchtime.....could be exuberant or depressed, but probably knackered!

I hope I'm wrong but can see Leeds picking up a surprise win in those circumstances....assuming they lose to Newcastle, such a win would put them on 33 points going into a home match with the notoriously flaky, unpredictable Spurs.

Spurs might need to win or draw that last match for European qualification - or they might have nothing riding on it. It might also be Kane's last match for Spurs - if he's expecting that, he'd want to leave with a flourish, wouldn't he? 

If Spurs turn up, I don't see Leeds winning that match, so with a draw they'd end up on 34 points......meaning we potentially relegate Forest and Leeds on goal difference. :whistle:

Just the small matters of getting a point against Liverpool or Newcastle and not bottling our last match, then..... :sweating:

3 hours ago, Wycombe Fox said:

I've just read Page 1 of this thread.

Very prophetic :(

I was right! (Technically). 

On 27/08/2022 at 18:03, StanSP said:

We'll be fine. 

On 27/08/2022 at 18:19, StanSP said:

I'm banking on Rodgers going. So then we'll be fine lol

• Haha 1

So, after we scab a lucky point at Newcastle, Leeds win at West Ham, Everton draw at Wolves and Forest lose to Chelsea & Arsenal....

Points after 37 matches:

Everton 33

Leeds 33

----------------

Forest 33 

Leicester 31

Southampton 25

Last day of the season

Southampton 1 Liverpool 3

Everton 2 Bournemouth 0

Leeds 3 Spurs 3 (Kane 3)

Palace 1 (Schlupp 96 mins) Forest 1

Leicester 1 (Vardy 97 mins) West Ham 0

Final standings

Everton 36

Leicester 34 (Survive on GD)

---------------------

Leeds 34

Forest 34

Southampton 25

I prefer to live in a fantasy world. It's so much better than reality.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

I was very much of this mindset until yesterday. 

Watching us play & then Everton & Forest the difference in mentality was frankly disgusting, the players have absolutely no fight in them whatsoever. 

I can't see us getting anything vs Liverpool & Newcastle and unfortunately think it will be done and dusted come the final game.

Yet we had people on here claiming last week Everton are rubbish, without realising we are more rubbish, they won their next game comfortably after a draw against us.

I could see as light as day all the fight in their players when we played them, and I knew at that moment they were not dead and buried.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Just looked at the start if this thread and so many called this season correctly.

Many doom laden posts were rediculed and you would think rightly so - after all it was only August!

However, this demise was so bloody obvious before the season started. Many were voicing their concerns over 2 years ago for crying out loud.

How on Earth did those who could have made a difference, be so blind as to the direction we were certainly heading?

I think most of the ridiculing was on the basis of people thinking Rodgers was too good to not get us out of it,  I do think e.g. most of the match attending fans (especially away) are Rodgers loyalists.  Dont be surprised if we get people saying we gone down because we sacked Rodgers.

11 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think most of the ridiculing was on the basis of people thinking Rodgers was too good to not get us out of it,  I do think e.g. most of the match attending fans (especially away) are Rodgers loyalists.  Dont be surprised if we get people saying we gone down because we sacked Rodgers.

Already started seeing this nonsense on twitter sadly. 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

This video seems very appropriate for anyone struggling to understand what this season has been like with Brendan at the wheel.

It’s 90 seconds long, and watching to the end of recommended.

Thought this video was going in a very different direction at first :ph34r:

Edited by HybridFox
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

So, after we scab a lucky point at Newcastle, Leeds win at West Ham, Everton draw at Wolves and Forest lose to Chelsea & Arsenal....

Points after 37 matches:

Everton 33

Leeds 33

----------------

Forest 33 

Leicester 31

Southampton 25

Last day of the season

Southampton 1 Liverpool 3

Everton 2 Bournemouth 0

Leeds 3 Spurs 3 (Kane 3)

Palace 1 (Schlupp 96 mins) Forest 1

Leicester 1 (Vardy 97 mins) West Ham 0

Final standings

Everton 36

Leicester 34 (Survive on GD)

---------------------

Leeds 34

Forest 34

Southampton 25

I prefer to live in a fantasy world. It's so much better than reality.

City staying up with 34pts would equal the record for the lowest ever points total for survival, currently held by West Brom. Talking of survival, I'm not sure if my heart could cope with stress of the last-day-of-the-season scenario you've predicted!

1 hour ago, HybridFox said:

Still time to do the relegation treble as well with the women's team

unlikely, realistically need 1 more point given the state of Reading. they're on the verge of pulling off the great escape because they actually ****ing work hard and put everything on the line for the team. 

Don't know about my fellow FT'ers but if one more person at work says "Well, you wouldn't be there if you hadn't sacked Brendan Rodgers. He was a brilliant manager"....I'm actually going to ****ing chin them right there and then.

• Like 1