Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

3 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

This video seems very appropriate for anyone struggling to understand what this season has been like with Brendan at the wheel.

It’s 90 seconds long, and watching to the end of recommended.

Long, tedious and choppy with very foreseeable disaster and upset at the end.

Fantastic analogy.👍

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

I have more faith that we will beat Liverpool than get anything at Newcastle. 

Newcastle has 3-0 down after 15 minutes all over it. 

It took us 32 minutes to be 3.0 down against Newcastle in the King Power fixture. However, I feel we are significantly worse since then so it could be 15 minutes next time.

21 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Don't know about my fellow FT'ers but if one more person at work says "Well, you wouldn't be there if you hadn't sacked Brendan Rodgers. He was a brilliant manager"....I'm actually going to ****ing chin them right there and then.

Sweet Chin Music

2 hours ago, HybridFox said:

Sweet Chin Music

C-B-A

You can't trust Wout,

And Bouba's lazy

Praet get's hooked

At half time

Madders transfer move

It will soon soothe him

Newcastle's bench, will do just fine

They're just some Shitty Boys (shitty boys)

They make our fans annoyed (fans annoyed)

They'll soon be re-employed (oi-oi)

We're owned by Top

But now we're bottom

Evan's knees are weak

And we're going down

See Youri walking

and Brendan's talking

Bertrand's unfit

or conceeding nine

They make our fans annoyed (fans annoyed)

They'll soon be re-employed (oi-oi)

Eat your hearts out, agents!

Hands off those contract extensions

Edited by orangecity23
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Having no hope is a horrible feeling 

Honestly, it's probably better that having hope.

I don't mean in a life/something important context, obviously.

But in this, ultra slow car crash type of situation, letting go of hope and embracing the reality is liberating.

Well it is for me. 

We are one of the worst 3 teams in the league. We don't win games. We don't fight. We won't fight. There is no cavalry.

I'm afraid to say that it now appears that we not only sacked Rodgers way too late (IMO he should've walked after the Southampton away defeat just over two months ago as opposed to a month after then) but that we hired Smith. Shakey and Terry to try and save us about two weeks too late. I really had hoped after the Wolves win and away point at Leeds that they had turned it around but seeing who our remaining three fixtures are against and the fact that we got two points from nine available against two relegation rivals and a mid table side with nothing to play for, then surely barring a miracle the only way is down now - meaning if Forest and Leeds end up even worse than us.Nobody looks to have an easy remaining run in from all of the bottom 5 but at least Everton and Forest have shown they can do enough to stay afloat in spite of being garbage all season long. I think our players basically are no longer good enough to get us out of this mess and Nacho getting injured when he did at Leeds could possibly have been the final nail. 

• Like 4

Rodgers should have gone last summer, if not 7 games into the season. Yes we had a revival, but keeping for 3/4 quarters of the season has killed us.

Paddy are now offering over half my returns on Leicester getting relegated - Yes I actually thought relegation was possible at the beginning of the season under BR and decided if it was going to happen then I want compensation.

PS - I still want us to stay up - this is 1 bet I want to lose

(PPS - I thought 14/1 was stingy, but clearly the bookies though their was a possibility & in fact it may have been placed after we drew with Stockport)

image.png.29649946505dc9dbe3df962b8ecca5f7.png

Edited by beepee1984
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

actually a pretty decent article by Dorsett, summarises things pretty well

L

“Leicester's players, I'm told, are bristling at the suggestion they have given up the fight, and are determined to answer their critics in the remaining three matches - with two of those at home, against Liverpool and West Ham, and one away at Newcastle.“

Phew - and there was me getting all worried…

• Haha 4

33 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

“Leicester's players, I'm told, are bristling at the suggestion they have given up the fight, and are determined to answer their critics in the remaining three matches - with two of those at home, against Liverpool and West Ham, and one away at Newcastle.“

Phew - and there was me getting all worried…

But they thought it was a good idea not to turn up against a team who had nothing to play for ?  Who says footballers are thick ? 

1 hour ago, beepee1984 said:

Rodgers should have gone last summer, if not 7 games into the season. Yes we had a revival, but keeping for 3/4 quarters of the season has killed us.

Paddy are not offering over half my returns on Leicester getting relegated - Yes I actually thought relegation was possible at the beginning of the season under BR and decided if it was going to happen then I want compensation.

(PPS - I thought 14/1 was stingy, but clearly the bookies though their was a possibility & in fact it may have been placed after we drew with Stockport)

What an easy decision!

DO NOT CASH OUT 😎

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

33 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

But they thought it was a good idea not to turn up against a team who had nothing to play for ?  Who says footballers are thick ? 

I do, I do! The irony would be huge if we did actually stay up from the final three games though, having got two points from games where we were hopeful of picking up six or seven!! 

2 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

actually a pretty decent article by Dorsett, summarises things pretty well

It’s ok but there are some ridiculous statements in there. Evans and Tielemans cannot be accused of downing tools - anyone who has watched Tielemans this season and thinks he hasn’t is kidding themselves. I can’t remember when Evans last played for us.

He also classes Rodgers as an “excellent manager”. Excellent managers don’t do this.  

• Like 3

1 hour ago, beepee1984 said:

Paddy are not offering over half my returns on Leicester getting relegated - Yes I actually thought relegation was possible at the beginning of the season under BR and decided if it was going to happen then I want compensation.

This gives me hope. I would expect the cash out option to be at around £450.00 right now.