Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

15 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Now I’ve slept. I’ve been able to bring myself to look at the table. 

There’s still a very slim chance of a last day shoot out.

It would take an insane result against Liverpool or Newcastle…. But there’s a strong possibility Forest and Leeds won’t pick up another point until the final game. If we can somehow, by some miracle pick up a win in between we can get out of the relegation zone for the last game..

Only problem is, is this team up for it? Can they find something that saw them win the FA cup, get to a European final? Is someone going to step up and motivate them? 

If I were top, I would be marching into that training ground today, and stripping the walls. Someone needs to lay into these ****ers. 

I think the most likely scenario for us is we'll go into the last game of the season having to win, not in our own hands but if we do win we're likely to stay up.

I'll take that scenario now if offered.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Bilo said:

Not sure where Forest get 2 points from and we get a win from.

That's not necessarily how it works, my own primitive model has the final standing of:

Forest 35

Everton 34.5

-----------------------------

Leeds 33.5

Leicester 33

Southampton 27

For example I make Forest worth 0.5pts each against Chelsea (a) and Arsenal (h) so expect them to get 1pt from both those fixtures. 

On Betfair we're implied as an 18% chance to beat Liverpool and 21% to get a draw, extrapolated that means against Liverpool our expected point return from that match is 0.75pts so a draw would be a good result and implies we have overperformed.

7 hours ago, Gerard said:

That's not necessarily how it works, my own primitive model has the final standing of:

Forest 35

Everton 34.5

-----------------------------

Leeds 33.5

Leicester 33

Southampton 27

For example I make Forest worth 0.5pts each against Chelsea (a) and Arsenal (h) so expect them to get 1pt from both those fixtures. 

On Betfair we're implied as an 18% chance to beat Liverpool and 21% to get a draw, extrapolated that means against Liverpool our expected point return from that match is 0.75pts so a draw would be a good result and implies we have overperformed.

I’d be stunned if Forest got a point from those games. Chelsea will want to carry on winning. Sides like that are the worst to play in the scrap. Plus the gaps Forest will leave for them to exploit will kill them. They won’t beat Arsenal. 

Everton have Man City, so that’s one game they won’t get anything from, but I do expect them to win their last two. 

Leeds have Newcastle, and a Newcastle will need the points to secure top 4. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if we went and beat Liverpool, out of all of the sides in the top ten, Liverpool and spurs are the two you’d want to play. 

It is going down to the final day. I think we will get a result in the next two games, somehow, how I don’t know but we will be outside the bottom three on goal difference. Then it’s a simple case of us winning our last game……. That being the difficult part. 

It’s going to be a final day shoot out between us and Forest I think. 

Perhaps the Fulham result might spark a reaction….. it’s going to be a horrible few weeks, and we will all likely come out of it a little older. 

We’ll get a glorious loss against Liverpool losing 3-1 with a last minute final goal for the scousers as we press for an equaliser.

We’ll get smashed 4-0 at Newcastle

With pressure off and relegation all but confirmed, we’ll beat West Ham 2-0 - our first clean sheet for months. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’d be stunned if Forest got a point from those games. Chelsea will want to carry on winning. Sides like that are the worst to play in the scrap. Plus the gaps Forest will leave for them to exploit will kill them. They won’t beat Arsenal. 

Everton have Man City, so that’s one game they won’t get anything from, but I do expect them to win their last two. 

Leeds have Newcastle, and a Newcastle will need the points to secure top 4. 

It wouldn’t surprise me if we went and beat Liverpool, out of all of the sides in the top ten, Liverpool and spurs are the two you’d want to play. 

It is going down to the final day. I think we will get a result in the next two games, somehow, how I don’t know but we will be outside the bottom three on goal difference. Then it’s a simple case of us winning our last game……. That being the difficult part. 

It’s going to be a final day shoot out between us and Forest I think. 

Perhaps the Fulham result might spark a reaction….. it’s going to be a horrible few weeks, and we will all likely come out of it a little older. 

The last time City conceded 5, they conceded 6 in the next game! Despite all the doom and gloom, I'm convinced that it'll be Leeds and Forest going down with Southampton, unless Allardyce can galvanise Leeds somehow. If we do survive, next season could be very rocky in the PL.

10 hours ago, beepee1984 said:

Rodgers should have gone last summer, if not 7 games into the season. Yes we had a revival, but keeping for 3/4 quarters of the season has killed us.

Paddy are now offering over half my returns on Leicester getting relegated - Yes I actually thought relegation was possible at the beginning of the season under BR and decided if it was going to happen then I want compensation.

PS - I still want us to stay up - this is 1 bet I want to lose

(PPS - I thought 14/1 was stingy, but clearly the bookies though their was a possibility & in fact it may have been placed after we drew with Stockport)

image.png.29649946505dc9dbe3df962b8ecca5f7.png

I'm being offered £451 cash out on £100 @ 6/1. They were even offering cash out during game in play (Forest v Southampton) which is highly unusual. Suggests bookies also think we're done and are trying to tempt me....suckers!

28 minutes ago, String fellow said:

The last time City conceded 5, they conceded 6 in the next game! Despite all the doom and gloom, I'm convinced that it'll be Leeds and Forest going down with Southampton, unless Allardyce can galvanise Leeds somehow. If we do survive, next season could be very rocky in the PL.

I agree. Don’t ask me how it will happen, I think it just will. 

And I agree, however. Top simply can’t allow it to happen again, he’s got no choice but to find some money from somewhere, and then I think it’s best for all parties if he considers selling the club. 

• Like 1

On 04/09/2022 at 23:02, Stinky said:

This thread is insane lol I must be missing the number 3 infront of our 6 games played this season

On 05/09/2022 at 09:57, indierich06 said:

Relegation, honestly? There are some absolute bedwetters on here.

On 12/09/2022 at 09:24, Fear Of The Fox said:

I don't know guys, maybe I'm fully deluded but if a team with 4 Belgium international players, one of the best "10"s in the PL, some talented young FBs and strikers that can easily score manages to get relegated, it will only be down to the manager and the board. Yes our defense is shaky but it will be a huge "achievement" to go down with this kind of team. 

Oh lads!

Was just reading a couple of random pages near the start of the thread and most were saying as long as we get rid of Rodgers now we'll be ok, how did our elite chairman not see this but 80% of this board did? Beggars belief. The blame has solely got to lie with Top, I don't wanna hear he employees people to do it for him, that's not good enough, any competent person could see Rodgers was taking us down.

I saw myself a couple of pages in saying we needed 37 points from 31 games, we're gonna end up needing less than that, but it still wasn't an easy task when you've set yourself such a high points per game needed. We needed top 7 form for 31 games, was always gonna struggle, but it was so within our grasp, if we'd hung on at Palace away or Villa at home, we'd be  in a much better position. Southampton away was the one for me though, should never have lost that game with the chance we had, shocking.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, hejammy said:

Not sure if this has already been posted or even true. But we're gonna be broke as f in the championship! Screenshot_20230509_231647_Twitter.thumb.jpg.40305a0f008f635dc1b03e418d92ab79.jpg

Jonathon probably isn’t an accountant 

You will see how desperate our financial situation is in June and July - if we sell low and excessive then we are clearly trying to plug  a big  hole  a any cost 

if we play our usual game then we can’t be that desperate 

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Jonathon probably isn’t an accountant 

You will see how desperate our financial situation is in June and July - if we sell low and excessive then we are clearly trying to plug  a big  hole  a any cost 

if we play our usual game then we can’t be that desperate 

Jonathon is also an attention seeking Twitter personality who loves getting likes. 

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s ok but there are some ridiculous statements in there. Evans and Tielemans cannot be accused of downing tools - anyone who has watched Tielemans this season and thinks he hasn’t is kidding themselves. I can’t remember when Evans last played for us.

He also classes Rodgers as an “excellent manager”. Excellent managers don’t do this.  

I'd argue for 2 or so years he was an excellent manager. 

But for after that 2 years/ 2 and a half years point hit and his style, his methods just fell off a cliff. Especially when FFP was an active issue. 

25 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

Jonathon is also an attention seeking Twitter personality who loves getting likes. 

He's not far off there though. We owe them in the region of £70m. 

16 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

I'd argue for 2 or so years he was an excellent manager. 

But for after that 2 years/ 2 and a half years point hit and his style, his methods just fell off a cliff. Especially when FFP was an active issue. 

Excellent managers don’t leave clubs in the state we are in. We may have a different definition of Excellent.

May have some coaching qualities but an excellent manager is more than that. I would argue that clubs struggle significantly after he has left, Liverpool, Celtic and now us require or required significant rebuilds. At the very least you leave (parts of) the club as strong as it was when you took over. This club needs to revamp its coaching, scouting, medical and playing staff with limited or no funds. We’ve seen excellent managers here before, this guy ain’t it. 

FFP issues after 2 years ? He over saw a £70m window with no sale. And a combined window of £45m with one sale. It wasn’t as much a hinderance (if it actually was) to justify this. Granted, he wasn’t the only one at fault. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

He's not far off there though. We owe them in the region of £70m. 

As Moore explained, it’s more likely around £40mil because the Fofana money from Chelsea goes direct to them (although be some interest there too). 

No huge fan of how KP have financed the club but they can recover those sums through transfer sales.

The money doesn’t have to be paid via the parachute money, it’s more they are a guarantee if LCFC default because it’s money received from a third party. Someone has explained this to him in the replies but no reaction unsurprisingly.

KP could of course just pay the debt off themselves. 

There’s no need for the drama that his tweet does. Which is there for him to get lots of Twitter likes and traffic. 

Edited by CosbehFox

13 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

As Moore explained, it’s more likely around £40mil because the Fofana money from Chelsea goes direct to them (although be some interest there too). 

No huge fan of how KP have financed the club but they can recover those sums through transfer sales.

The money doesn’t have to be paid via the parachute money, it’s more they are a guarantee if LCFC default because it’s money received from a third party. Someone has explained this to him in the replies but no reaction unsurprisingly.

KP could of course just pay the debt off themselves. 

There’s no need for the drama that his tweet does. Which is there for him to get lots of Twitter likes and traffic. 

Mate the bloke is a full on crumpet but I think he's just highlighting the situation and how bad we could potentially be.

• Like 1

Reckon we'll still be in it on the final day by virtue of Forest not get any points in their last 2 and Leeds getting no more than 3 but most likely 1. And then we'll probably go down anyway.

12 hours ago, hejammy said:

Not sure if this has already been posted or even true. But we're gonna be broke as f in the championship! Screenshot_20230509_231647_Twitter.thumb.jpg.40305a0f008f635dc1b03e418d92ab79.jpg

I thought things couldn't get much worse, but then JonathanLCFC is brought back to my attention.

• Haha 2