Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

4 hours ago, funkyrobot said:

We’ll get a glorious loss against Liverpool losing 3-1 with a last minute final goal for the scousers as we press for an equaliser.

We’ll get smashed 4-0 at Newcastle

With pressure off and relegation all but confirmed, we’ll beat West Ham 2-0 - our first clean sheet for months. 

Maddison masterclass no doubt 

• Like 1

Going to be a real conundrum in the Liverpool and Newcastle matches. Goal difference for the top 4 could be factor as well as the bottom. If they score early they'll want to hammer us by as many as possible rather than see the game out.

At the same time, if we go 2 or 3 down against either team early, what does Smith do? Do we do for damagw limitation if we are still in the survival fight or do we try and salvage a draw but risk a hammering which makes our goal difference advantage redundant?

Guest Col city fan
12 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

It’s a 235 page thread, there are lots more than just these 3 who will be a tad embarrassed about their confidence we wouldn’t go down!! 😂😂

Bedwetters was the common term used to describe the few who could see it a long long time ago.

The apathy and unwillingness by fans,  to really make life uncomfortable for the players, manager and ownership is as disappointing for me as everything that has gone on on the pitch.

Numerous games they should have been literally chased off the field and we have morons stood applauding them.  Rodgers should have literally been chased out of town after Forest away in the cup but even to the bitter end we had some idiots still backing him. 

When the dust settles and the realisation of how little of a shit this bunch of players cares really dawns on people, I hope many feel embarrassed in the following years as we rot in the championship or lower.  

I always find football fans to be a funny breed.

There are some who are always completely negative and will moan literally because we haven’t won 3-0 every match.

There are also some who will adamantly not criticise any players. Out of some semblance of ‘loyalty’ or something. 
Then there are the ‘keep the faith’ bunch. These guys will genuinely believe we can get out of this mess and won’t have a word said until it’s mathematically impossible. Then, you’ll find, they go VERY quiet.

I guess I’m just talking about society per se and footy fans being a microcosm of that.

But your point about the players not really giving a shite, rings true. 
The fact is that is fans will always have far more of an affiliation with the club than the players ever do. Fans believing that many of our players are ‘proud to wear the shirt’ are living in cuckoo land. 
They are paid professionals (and ridiculously so at this level imo) who do a job of work and will happily move on at the end of the season. Maddison and Tielemans for instance, know they’ll move to bigger clubs and ‘earn’ more money.

I think this is probably why it looks like the writing is on the wall for LCFC. There are simply too many players without a vested interest in the club staying in the Premier League.

I just hope I’m wrong and that some fight occurs, from somewhere, which results in us turning Liverpool over.

This season though, I just can’t see it.

Edited by Col city fan

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Going to be a real conundrum in the Liverpool and Newcastle matches. Goal difference for the top 4 could be factor as well as the bottom. If they score early they'll want to hammer us by as many as possible rather than see the game out.

At the same time, if we go 2 or 3 down against either team early, what does Smith do? Do we do for damagw limitation if we are still in the survival fight or do we try and salvage a draw but risk a hammering which makes our goal difference advantage redundant?

We need some variation of the low block in both the games, it clearly didn't work against man City and we have been to open in other games. GD is irrelevant if we don't get at least 3 points from the next 2 games. I don't see Everton dropping points against Bournemouth at home last day.

22 minutes ago, TamworthFoxes said:

It’s a 235 page thread, there are lots more than just these 3 who will be a tad embarrassed about their confidence we wouldn’t go down!! 😂😂

Bedwetters was the common term used to describe the few who could see it a long long time ago.

The apathy and unwillingness by fans,  to really make life uncomfortable for the players, manager and ownership is as disappointing for me as everything that has gone on on the pitch.

Numerous games they should have been literally chased off the field and we have morons stood applauding them.  Rodgers should have literally been chased out of town after Forest away in the cup but even to the bitter end we had some idiots still backing him. 

When the dust settles and the realisation of how little of a shit this bunch of players cares really dawns on people, I hope many feel embarrassed in the following years as we rot in the championship or lower.  

Aye mate I can't believe people were so confidence, but just shows why the club has managed to get itself into this situation.

Completely agree with the rest of your post!

Must be great to be an 'I told you so' football fan, it's almost like people cant predict 100% of outcomes in football or life in general, or (wait for it) have a opinion that might change over time based on a range of factors.

Edited by Nalis

18 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I always find football fans to be a funny breed.

There are some who are always completely negative and will moan literally because we haven’t won 3-0 every match.

There are also some who will adamantly not criticise any players. Out of some semblance of ‘loyalty’ or something. 
Then there are the ‘keep the faith’ bunch. These guys will genuinely believe we can get out of this mess and won’t have a word said until it’s mathematically impossible. Then, you’ll find, they go VERY quiet.

I guess I’m just talking about society per se and footy fans being a microcosm of that.

But your point about the players not really giving a shite, rings true. 
The fact is that is fans will always have far more of an affiliation with the club than the players ever do. Fans believing that many of our players are ‘proud to wear the shirt’ are living in cuckoo land. 
They are paid professionals (and ridiculously so at this level imo) who do a job of work and will happily move on at the end of the season. Maddison and Tielemans for instance, know they’ll move to bigger clubs and ‘earn’ more money.

I think this is probably why it looks like the writing is on the wall for LCFC. There are simply too many players without a vested interest in the club staying in the Premier League.

I just hope I’m wrong and that some fight occurs, from somewhere, which results in us turning Liverpool over.

This season though, I just can’t see it.

Who will want Tielemans based on his form over the last 18months. 

He's slow, lazy and looks like someone has shagged his sister and pissed on his cornflakes the morning after.

7 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Must be great to be an 'I told you so' football fan, it's almost like people cant predict 100% of outcomes in football or life in general, or (wait for it) have a opinion that might change over time based on a range of factors.

I don’t blame the “I told you so” attitude at all.

They received enough shit for calling things out at the time. Why shouldn’t they give it back? 

• Like 1

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

I don’t blame the “I told you so” attitude at all.

They received enough shit for calling things out at the time. Why shouldn’t they give it back? 

That viewpoint is fine if you then stand up and say I was wrong when you are proven to be so, saying everything is shite all the time and waiting for it to be proven is not insightful 

• Like 2

Guest Col city fan
8 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

He's slow, lazy and looks like someone has shagged his sister and pissed on his cornflakes the morning after.

You’ll be surprised 

25 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

Not entirely implausible with John Terry at the club :ph34r:

• Haha 3

Guest Col city fan
34 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

There will be a number of takers who know how to play him and more importantly support him within a team structure 

I think he’ll go to Germany personally. Dortmund or Leverkusen for instance 

56 minutes ago, Merging Cultures said:

He’s also free and would walk into 3/4 of the current premier league starting 11s

I know the prem years being good in no way justifies us now being so bad, in fact it probably makes it worse, but man what a stint in the division it has been.

Great escape, title, champs league, FA Cup, Community shield, more European trips. 

You compare that to someone like Southampton who have had a similar path to us to the Prem. They've been around slightly longer than us and got a 6th placed finish, a Europa group stage exit, and a league cup final to show for it.

Or Everton, who hang around like a bad smell only to repeat this circus next season.

At least we burned brightly, if only for a short while.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

A draw in either Liverpool or Newcastle game could potentially mean forest have to go to Palace and win if we were to beat West Ham. Would be a big one for us. 

15 hours ago, hejammy said:

Not sure if this has already been posted or even true. But we're gonna be broke as f in the championship! Screenshot_20230509_231647_Twitter.thumb.jpg.40305a0f008f635dc1b03e418d92ab79.jpg

I've had people messaging me about this, saying we took out loans against the 25/26 season :crylaugh:

Step away from the internet and stop checking Facebook.

2 hours ago, Dahnsouff said:

That viewpoint is fine if you then stand up and say I was wrong when you are proven to be so, saying everything is shite all the time and waiting for it to be proven is not insightful 

Yeh but that’s not what has happened here. We’ve had people who have had reasonable foresight and genuine worry being ridiculed by some who act like they are cleverer than they are.

So yeh, they are entitled to embarrass some of those people 🙂

Aside from going down to the championship, another annoying thing about this whole situation is the fact that Everton and Forest, 2 of the worst teams to play in the Premier league are getting a free pass because of the sheer incompetence of everyone involved at LCFC. Any other season and them 2 feckers would be dead and buried by now along with Southampton with maybe only Leeds being their saving grace. How Everton keep managing to hang on every season is incredible. Can't be any fun for their fans though, they are wretched and have been for years 

• Like 3

I know full well that if the rest of our rivals lose at the weekend I'll get my hopes up on Monday night again, I don't know why I do it to myself. Instead of thinking practically about who we are playing and how good they are, all I'll think is that we are 3 points away from being in a promising position. I'm an idiot basically. 

• Like 3

34 minutes ago, jonathan_ross said:

brendans fingerprints are all over it

Murphy again, absurd statements - Rodgers isn't at fault for this mess?

Brendan had 8 transfer windows here, we haven't had one since he left, this is his squad. He took pre-season training and was in charge during the Qatar World Cup break. So, Rodgers tactics, Rodgers players, Rodgers fitness levels.

Just don't get baited into their circus and call up... if anyone here really does feel the need, take a deep breath and construct your thoughts for a moment please.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

I know full well that if the rest of our rivals lose at the weekend I'll get my hopes up on Monday night again, I don't know why I do it to myself. Instead of thinking practically about who we are playing and how good they are, all I'll think is that we are 3 points away from being in a promising position. I'm an idiot basically. 

I thought this going into the Fulham game who aren't particularly great - and look how that turned out - let alone against a team who've won their last six!