Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 minute ago, Guy said:

I thought this going into the Fulham game who aren't particularly great - and look how that turned out - let alone against a team who've won their last six! 

I know, I did the same and I am aware of all of these things but come Monday I'll trick myself into thinking it's a 50/50 for 3 points 

6 minutes ago, Jack1993 said:

I know, I did the same and I am aware of all of these things but come Monday I'll trick myself into thinking it's a 50/50 for 3 points 

I understand your "false" optimism if all goes to plan this weekend and in our favour by the time Monday evening comes around - as I would be truly amazed if any of our "rivals" get a single point over the weekend re Forest playing away a slowly improving Chelsea (with their away record being dreadful), Everton facing Man City and Leeds facing Newcastle! Southampton beating Fulham would rub salt into wounds after Monday, even if at St Mary's!

Edited by Guy

5 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I can see us having to win our final game and hoping results elsewhere to go our way...we'll probably win but results go aganist us.

Would be typical Leicester. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Merging Cultures said:

I've had people messaging me about this, saying we took out loans against the 25/26 season :crylaugh:

Step away from the internet and stop checking Facebook.

Well that was twitter but yeah I see what you're saying. Let's see what happens in the summer. Going to be a rough ride relegation or not I feel. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Murphy again, absurd statements - Rodgers isn't at fault for this mess?

Brendan had 8 transfer windows here, we haven't had one since he left, this is his squad. He took pre-season training and was in charge during the Qatar World Cup break. So, Rodgers tactics, Rodgers players, Rodgers fitness levels.

Just don't get baited into their circus and call up... if anyone here really does feel the need, take a deep breath and construct your thoughts for a moment please.

I think people have doing and Talksport are resorting to plants like “Brian” and “Gurinder”. I refuse to believe that they’re real fans or even people. 

21 hours ago, hejammy said:

Not sure if this has already been posted or even true. But we're gonna be broke as f in the championship! Screenshot_20230509_231647_Twitter.thumb.jpg.40305a0f008f635dc1b03e418d92ab79.jpg

Yes I mentioned this in the top thread (and finances thread I think).  Hence my comments about Top needing to run to his family for more cash.

21 hours ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

It’s ok but there are some ridiculous statements in there. Evans and Tielemans cannot be accused of downing tools - anyone who has watched Tielemans this season and thinks he hasn’t is kidding themselves. I can’t remember when Evans last played for us.

He also classes Rodgers as an “excellent manager”. Excellent managers don’t do this.  

Yeah he still makes it clear he thinks Rodgers is a top class coach, but you can see a bit of acknowledgement that it fell apart for Rodgers, the article does accept Rodgers was past his expiry date and also this quote.  Thats very different to the Rodgers claim of Soyuncu having the wrong attitude.

Soyuncu - one of the best central defenders in the Premier League a few years ago - was frozen out

Edited by Chrysalis

4 hours ago, Jaspa said:

Murphy again, absurd statements - Rodgers isn't at fault for this mess?

Brendan had 8 transfer windows here, we haven't had one since he left, this is his squad. He took pre-season training and was in charge during the Qatar World Cup break. So, Rodgers tactics, Rodgers players, Rodgers fitness levels.

Just don't get baited into their circus and call up... if anyone here really does feel the need, take a deep breath and construct your thoughts for a moment please.

Imagine been told by your manager (and even possibly higher ups) that prior to summer you are surplus to requirements and are expected to leave the club due to a rebuild, but of course then it doesnt happen, and then suddenly you expected to put in performances to save the manager's job and keep the club up, its clear there was mismanagement going on. 

• Like 3

Guest Mee-9

What is shocking is the belief that so many people think, 'We'll go down for a year and we'll stay up.' 

Some of the squads that have been touted in the other thread will not promote you. A CM pairing of Hamza Choudhary and KDH is not championship winning. 

21 hours ago, TamworthFoxes said:

It’s a 235 page thread, there are lots more than just these 3 who will be a tad embarrassed about their confidence we wouldn’t go down!! 😂😂

Bedwetters was the common term used to describe the few who could see it a long long time ago.

The apathy and unwillingness by fans,  to really make life uncomfortable for the players, manager and ownership is as disappointing for me as everything that has gone on on the pitch.

Numerous games they should have been literally chased off the field and we have morons stood applauding them.  Rodgers should have literally been chased out of town after Forest away in the cup but even to the bitter end we had some idiots still backing him. 

When the dust settles and the realisation of how little of a shit this bunch of players cares really dawns on people, I hope many feel embarrassed in the following years as we rot in the championship or lower.  

I can't see why I should be a tad embarrassed. Have you read carefully what I posted back then? I clearly said it will be BR's and board's fault if we go down. This team would be at least 12th with a fan from this forum as a manager. Tactical choices, first XI selections, subs decisions during the games were absolutely awful. It was like we had a 5yr old child managing the squad. The Trio Stooges we have now continues with the same awful decisions. 

16 hours ago, Guy said:

I understand your "false" optimism if all goes to plan this weekend and in our favour by the time Monday evening comes around - as I would be truly amazed if any of our "rivals" get a single point over the weekend re Forest playing away a slowly improving Chelsea (with their away record being dreadful), Everton facing Man City and Leeds facing Newcastle! Southampton beating Fulham would rub salt into wounds after Monday, even if at St Mary's!

Every time I think our rivals have no hope, they pull off some insane results.

• Like 1

As a football fan and even more so as a Leicester fan, I'm used to being pessimistic about our club and how we'll get on in a season, it's part of our mindset. But some of these plebs showing us how much they lumped on us to be relegated at the beginning of the season, what sort of mentality do you have? Why do you bother 'supporting' Leicester? If you can call it supporting us.

If I had put a bet on us to go down a) I'd keep it to myself and b) I wouldn't start gloating about what you can cash out on or what you'll make if we do go down. All I'll remember next season and in future is not to take any of your opinions on board as you're someone who is seemingly revelling in our demise.

The decline of Vardy and Evans is a principle reason for our decline. It was always going to happen but we have managed it badly. World class players are unusual to say the least in a club like ours. We needed to consolidate at a lower level , like say Palace , and we haven't. We are not a natural top six club but we should always be targeting mid table most seasons. If we go down , we must bounce straight back and if we do the club and Foxestalk should keep its ambitions in check.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I had a dream we got 7 points from the last three games. 

We're staying up, it's happening. 

I had a dream that a work colleague was my new doctor and she was urging me to "ignore the science".

We're going down!

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

The decline of Vardy and Evans is a principle reason for our decline. It was always going to happen but we have managed it badly. World class players are unusual to say the least in a club like ours. We needed to consolidate at a lower level , like say Palace , and we haven't. We are not a natural top six club but we should always be targeting mid table most seasons. If we go down , we must bounce straight back and if we do the club and Foxestalk should keep its ambitions in check.

Far more chance of us going down again than coming straight back up unfortunately. That's not trying to be overly pessimistic, just based on which players would have to leave and our financial mess.

Goal scoring isn't really a problem for you, although Vardy obviously isn't what he once was, but that's a "normal" problem for a player his age. 

I'd say it's your defence gradually getting worse which has been the major problem, and the regression of your central midfield players. 

Going from:

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Evans, Maguire/Fofana, Justin

To:

Ward

Castagne, Faes, Soyuncu/Souttar, Thomas

Is the biggest reason you are where you are. Too many goals conceded. Which you already know as you haven't kept a clean sheet in donkey's now. 

And the likes of Ndidi and Tielemans have regressed to being on the bench more often than not whereas they should be the lynchpin of your midfield. 

Edited by The Bear
  • Like 3

28 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Goal scoring isn't really a problem for you, although Vardy obviously isn't what he once was, but that's a "normal" problem for a player his age. 

I'd say it's your defence gradually getting worse which has been the major problem, and the regression of your central midfield players. 

Going from:

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Evans, Maguire/Fofana, Justin

To:

Ward

Castagne, Faes, Soyuncu/Souttar, Thomas

Is the biggest reason you are where you are. Too many goals conceded. Which you already know as you haven't kept a clean sheet in donkey's now. 

And the likes of Ndidi and Tielemans have regressed to being on the bench more often than not whereas they should be the lynchpin of your midfield. 

Don't underestimate this bit. In Ndidi, we had the best tackler in Europe for several seasons, which meant our defence had excellent protection. He now looks completely shot and would be fortunate to command a regular starting spot in most League One sides. Combined with the weakening of the back four, Ndidi's decline has a had a catastrophic impact on the team.

• Like 3

23 hours ago, purpleronnie said:

I can see us having to win our final game and hoping results elsewhere to go our way...we'll probably win but results go aganist us.

I cannot see it getting to the final game, we are done.

55 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

It was Amartey instead of Soyuncu/Souttar for large parts of the season. 

Lots of people have said all season "It's teams that struggle to score that tend to go down, and we're outscoring the rest of the bottom half, we'll be OK" 

But we haven't been able to consistently leverage our good attacking play into points because we concede too many chances and goals - it's completely unsustainable and has resulted in so many dropped points. 

It's precisely why a manager like Dyche (who was available) could have worked, because he'd have increased work levels and defensive basics. But much of the fanbase said he wasn't good enough for us. Now it looks like he might keep Everton up at our expense...

It's amazing the difference 2 games make though, before the Everton game, I heard an attitude of glad not to have Dyche, as we had a better chance. Its exactly the same reason Hodgson has worked out for Palace, I'd say he's done a much more impressive job than Dyche.