Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

2 hours ago, Rain King said:

I had a dream that a work colleague was my new doctor and she was urging me to "ignore the science".

We're going down!

ok, but are you working with Michael Goves missus? because that make sense

2 hours ago, The Bear said:

Goal scoring isn't really a problem for you, although Vardy obviously isn't what he once was, but that's a "normal" problem for a player his age. 

I'd say it's your defence gradually getting worse which has been the major problem, and the regression of your central midfield players. 

Going from:

Schmeichel

Ricardo, Evans, Maguire/Fofana, Justin

To:

Ward

Castagne, Faes, Soyuncu/Souttar, Thomas

Is the biggest reason you are where you are. Too many goals conceded. Which you already know as you haven't kept a clean sheet in donkey's now. 

And the likes of Ndidi and Tielemans have regressed to being on the bench more often than not whereas they should be the lynchpin of your midfield. 

I am going to say something very immature, because I know @The Bear is a secret Leicester Fan really, we have had a dogs dinner season, and will likely go down etc etc, but we still got 6 points of Wolves thanks 👍

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, ClaphamFox said:

Don't underestimate this bit. In Ndidi, we had the best tackler in Europe for several seasons, which meant our defence had excellent protection. He now looks completely shot and would be fortunate to command a regular starting spot in most League One sides. Combined with the weakening of the back four, Ndidi's decline has a had a catastrophic impact on the team.

There's been a pattern of "decline" in several other players, which begs the question, in a club with all the resources which ensure the health and fitness of its squad, why do excellent players like Wilf lose their edge. For me it correlates to a loss of personal confidence and confidence/belief in the coaching staff and those responsible for game plans.

Faes is an excellent defender - as are Söyüncü and Castagne, yet all the King's horses couldn't put a capable City defence together. But Huth, Morgan, Fuchs and Simpson, despite being a 'cobbled together' back line, were a redoubtable group. And, of course, they had Kanté as their formidable attack breaker.

My feeling is that the team has lost its élan irrevocably and needs to split up. There's no shortage of technical ability with City's players and no shortage of those other necessary qualities , despite the knee-jerk slagging the team and individuals have received.

The essence of a good or great manager is the ability to suppress their own ego or project it onto the team. Rodgers must be a very charismatic individual, but, if you cannot prevent the players eventually seeing through the charade then it's get out time - either by your own volition or by intervention. Maybe Top, as the point where the buck stops, didn't manage to see through him in time. And I must apologise to Rudkin and Whelan - maybe they've expressed their doubts for some time and Top has continued to give him the benefit of the doubt.

I'm pretty excited about relegation.

Our time in the Prem has reminded me of dating my first ever girlfriend she was a 10 me a 6 and a half on a good day.

Everyone was wondering how I got with her.

Well she left me in the end and to be honest i was relieved, it was a pain dating her.

I kinda miss Leicester being the underdog, the club under the radar, who has a surprise up it's sleeve every now and then.

Bring back my old Leicester, I've missed you.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

Pack the ground out! Many fans have already checked out (don’t blame them).

seats should  be available. Let the kids in for free!

here’s an idea… the players seem to have run out of ideas and look lost. nobody can motivate them? Well almost…

invite the children from the cancer ward at Royal infirmary to give the big team talk to the players. Remind them what a real struggle looks and feels like and how to find hope when there is none to battle something so grave knowing every chance you will still lose but try you must because you love life and the people who love you.

the fight is not over until you’ve taken the last breathe. Or in this case 3 games left.

players are still human! Money and prevelidge  has corrupted them. They need to be reminded again of living for the game not the wealth & glamour. Shock to their system. Desperate times calls for desperate measures!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lionator said:

Vardy saying that 99% of people couldn’t see this happening, what sort of warped headspace do these guys live in?

The writing was on the wall over 12 months ago. 

It’s a sense of entitlement and arrogance that we’re too good to go down and the fact that they’re looking back on it like that proves exactly why it’s happen. You have to be 100% psychologically with it at this level to compete and we’re quite frankly not. 

12 months? This has been brewing for 2 years minimum 

• Like 3

Just now, dmayne7 said:

How the hell are we that high?! Actually can't understand it. So few games where I've felt aggrieved at the result.

I reckon it's probably slightly skewed for us because we've conceded the first goal on so many occasions. Naturally the team who have the lead can then sit back a little more and we'll accumulate a bit of xG.

• Like 2

I’ve come to accept we’ll be asking Hamza to shield the defence next season in the Championship whilst wondering if Marc could play right wing.

I’m not even sure we’ll have a good season in the Prem next year. We’d be hoping for a complete about face in Top and Rudkin’s competency.

We need a complete kick up the arse to go from best run, to worst run, to mild competence. I guess I’d rather that happen in the Prem.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Is Bourne calling out Percy here? 

No it's sarcasm. The tweet Percy replied to said something like: is it the media's fault Leicester are being relegated?

Edited by Guesty
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

West Ham losing that’s not a good thing for the last game of the season if they go out of cup

It's irrelevant they have nothing to play for in the last game of the season. We've just played Fulham who had nor much to play for. It's all about what we do, I'd be amazed if we concede less than 10 goals from the remaining 3 games if I'm honest.

5 minutes ago, Beachyboy said:

It's irrelevant they have nothing to play for in the last game of the season. We've just played Fulham who had nor much to play for. It's all about what we do, I'd be amazed if we concede less than 10 goals from the remaining 3 games if I'm honest.

Hardly nothing to play for when each place is worth over 2m.

They won anyway

8 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

I can just see us somehow going to the last day with it in our hands and ballsing it up then. It would be too simple for us to just lose the next 2 games and be down. We will have to do it in the most frustrating and excruciating way possible. 

Slow and painful death. The Leicester way lol