Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

55 minutes ago, Dusty said:

Everyone on here seems so confident that we’re down, how many have actually put money on it? 

We’re obviously not going down, just another thing to add to the list for people to moan about.

Anyone saying "we're definitely going down" is as silly as anyone saying "we're definitely not going down" 

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

I'll ask this again, because shockingly nobody responding with posts like this has answered it. 

Having watched us take 1 point from Brentford and Southampton at home and concede 10 goals in our first 4 games (a defensive record that has gotten progressively worse year-on-year under this manager and is still doing so), where do you think we are getting 40 points from so comfortably?

As bad as we have been, we’re not that far off. We should have taken 3 points from Brentford, Southampton and Chelsea. We are nowhere near as bad as the table makes us look. Confidence is low, when we get it back I think we’ll be fine. 

We will finish well above 40 points, and like I said previously, if you’re so confident we won’t, are you going to put money on it? Or are you just going to moan? 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Dusty said:

As bad as we have been, we’re not that far off. We should have taken 3 points from Brentford, Southampton and Chelsea. We are nowhere near as bad as the table makes us look. Confidence is low, when we get it back I think we’ll be fine. 

We will finish well above 40 points, and like I said previously, if you’re so confident we won’t, are you going to put money on it? Or are you just going to moan? 

Confidence is low because the tactics presented by Rodgers are godawful. No way are we getting 40 points with him in charge. 

Confidence just doesn't spring up when you keep throwing games away. If anything it gets compounded further and further, to the point where it becomes dissolved completely. It's an incredibly dangerous game the longer his control doesn't get addressed. 

5 minutes ago, Dusty said:

We took 1 point from them, not 9, there is no "we should have", we have fundamental issues defensively and we are about to lose our best CB without a replacement. On top of that this has been going on for the best part of a year now, we cannot defend a lead and our form has been woeful apart from a few games against already relegated teams at the end of last season. I think you need to take the blue tinted shades off, we are in serious trouble.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Diffco said:

Confidence is low because the tactics presented by Rodgers are godawful. No way are we getting 40 points with him in charge. 

Confidence just doesn't spring up when you keep throwing games away. If anything it gets compounded further and further, to the point where it becomes dissolved completely. It's an incredibly dangerous game the longer his control doesn't get addressed. 

The tactics didn’t stop Vardy scoring 3 at the weekend, he just missed those chances. We should have won those games because the tactics worked, but due to a defensive mistake or poor finishing we didn’t. 

We are far from perfect, but we are not that bad.

• Like 2

We have probably been the most negatively reported team all summer.

We have started badly and shown vulnerabilities in every game we have played so far.

We struggle to defend and have a championship goalkeeper - I don’t think there are many teams in the PL who would swap their number 1 with us. We sat bottom of this league when Kasper was missing for long periods last time. The four times I’ve seen us go down - we’ve struggled In the GK position. Poole/Ward - swapping as number 1. Simon Royce. Walker struggling with form and Henderson/Douglas. 

We are considerably weaker than we were last year just by the sales of Kasper and Fofana. 

We have players in Ndidi, Soyuncu, Tielemans etc. who are “struggling” with motivation. Whatever we think about them struggling, it’s alarming. 

We have a manager who seems demotivated. Certainly lacking ideas and players who struggle to follow those ideas (see Brentford, Saints and Stockport games). 

May change today but we have little or no ambition in the transfer market. 

We have (rightly so) a disgruntled fan base.

We are a genuine relegation contenders. 17th is genuinely a good season for us based on the above. 

Edited by Mickyblueeyes
  • Like 3

23 minutes ago, Dusty said:

The tactics didn’t stop Vardy scoring 3 at the weekend, he just missed those chances. We should have won those games because the tactics worked, but due to a defensive mistake or poor finishing we didn’t. 

Can't keep conceding two goals a game and expect to stay up tho 

5 hours ago, Terraloon said:

The financial challenges facing King Power are huge. It seems that they are committed to keeping their 11000 employees on full pay even though many of their duty free outlets aren’t open for trading. That must be costing a bomb. 
As has been stated the share value of King Power has declined significantly added to the fact that the King Power source of loans to Leicester is now probably on hold will only add to the dilemma 

Is this still the case?

it’s alarming that the clubs i liked to think we’d comfortably finish above seem to be getting results. 

Fulham and southampton were 2 i’d hoped to be above. I must admit, i’ve gone from thinking we’re too good to get relegated, to thinking it’s going to be tough to avoid it. 

bmouth are genuinely the only team i think don’t have a chance. I genuinely think we could drop with everton. if madison is out for any decent amount of time, we are toast

Edited by Lambert09

13 hours ago, Dusty said:

Everyone on here seems so confident that we’re down, how many have actually put money on it? 

We’re obviously not going down, just another thing to add to the list for people to moan about.

Id be worried if we didnt sign any more defenders before the window shuts but I think we will. Even if we dont sign another attacker, with an improved defence I still see us finishing around midtable. 

Our defence is shipping around two goals per game which is relegation form. If we tighten up at the back then I'm not worried at all.

19 hours ago, Sean2000 said:

Does anyone buy this? I've no doubt it's true in terms of King Power. But were they previously putting money into the club that they now are not? Given we've been run at a profit over the last 5 years, I wouldn't have thought so?

Thought we'd been running at a loss?

18 hours ago, Dusty said:

87AEFED1-C583-4618-9A2E-98094DAFF163.gif.2f1a752dffc1b0bba096348c0c8f4b06.gif

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Thought we'd been running at a loss?

We've run at a profit since winning the league. We lost money each of the last two seasons, primarily due to COVID. The owners have not made any cash injections. Those losses have been covered by a commercial loan from an Australian bank.

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Dusty said:

Sorry but we're simply miles off. We were 14/1 at the start of the season  we're now down to 3/1 with many bookies so quite a lot of bets are being placed on us going down. I think there is a decent chance we will have just 1 point after 8 games. I very much hope not but there is a real possibility and I think that would pretty much condemn us to relegation.

There's too much wrong on and off the pitch right now to be confident we won't go down and if we did the financial implications would be severe.

22 hours ago, Dusty said:

Yeah, "obviously"

• Sad 1

If I knew that Rodgers was definately  staying - I would most certainly put money on it.

Like many, I'm hoping he goes soon - so, for the time being, I'll keep my £100 in my back pocket.

I'm not overly concerned about relegation just yet...I'm still hanging on the hope that we have good enough individuals to win enough games.

However...who else is likely to go? Bournemouth look pretty nailed on, but Fulham have started well (still time for them to go to shit I know), Forest should be goo enough, teams you thought might struggle like Southampton, Leeds and Brentford all had decent starts. Everton, Villa, Wolves?

Still too early to tell who is going to be at the bottom, but we need to be careful. 

• Like 2

What a silly comment to say, anyone out the  top 6 can quite easily get relegated look at past seasons bigger and Better clubs then us have gone, I can guarantee the longer Rodgers stays the more likely we WILL be relegated! 

• Like 3

Of all the teams in the Premier League this season Bournemouth and Leicester have looked the worst.  We have just sold our best defender and its looking likely we will sell our best midfielder too.  Anyone that thinks relegation is not a possibility needs a quick reality check.  If Brendan goes before/during the International break I'd back us to stay up and be mid table, if he stays I think we are in a relegation fight.