Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 minute ago, foxestalkisfullofidiots said:

The few times I've watched Southampton I think they are better equipped to bounce back than we are, they have some really good young players

They they could have been alright if they bypassed the Nathan Jones era.

10 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

There was a few weeks where we won a few games on the bounce, but outside of that run we have been comfortably the worst team in the league imo, Southampton fans have more to be proud of than we do. Especially given the difference in quality of player available. 

That's basically it, other than one run of about 7 games (which we were actually decent) we've been quite comfortably the worst I think.

• Like 1

Contract situation with the players, meaning they have no motivation or real desire to stay here for whatever reason. The bind we somehow found ourselves in with the management which had been stale and want-away for over a year. Only ourselves to blame, we've gone from a great Club to an absolute mess in the space of 2 years, while Rodgers is responsible because he was at the helm during this downturn, you have to look up to who was negotiating contracts and who was making decisions above management.

There has to be a reason we have so many players who've just played their contracts out here, no genuine motivation to give it their all because they wont be here next season - it's fundamental aspects of running a team, honestly.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

That's basically it, other than one run of about 7 games (which we were actually decent) we've been quite comfortably the worst I think.

This run of games in April should have been the one to pull clear. Had we binned off Rodgers earlier than the Palace game, we'd have done better for sure. 

• Like 4

2 phrases some up the season:

There is a long way to go....

The beauty is it's in our hands......

Both reflect the total apathy of the situation. Makes me so fekin' angry that these phrases were accepted by many.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chelmofox said:

2 phrases some up the season:

There is a long way to go....

The beauty is it's in our hands......

Both reflect the total apathy of the situation. Makes me so fekin' angry that these phrases were accepted by many.  

And the "we'll be fine" (which somehow still hasn't been deleted lol )

12 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Worst team in the Premiership this season by a long way. Embarrassing effort by all on the pitch and off it (Rudkin, Rodgers and Stowell) 

Not really, Southampton are the worse which is why they're bottom.

It's absolutely insane that we gave Southampton 6 points, took Vestegaard & Bertrand off their hands and they're 6 points below us still. They must be exceptionally shit.

• Like 1

Just now, GLC said:

Might be the worst time to have got this 🤣

F318A2AE-3C26-4A56-984B-B7846E567BA5.jpeg

Hey, in a couple of years time it will be a good story to tell about the conference team that folded a short time after winning the premier league and fa cup. 

7 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Can we ban anyone who says

1. The championship is a better league

2. I prefer the championship anyway

3. The championship will give us a good chance to rebuild. 

And 

4. We'll come straight back up

24 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Worst team in the Premiership this season by a long way. Embarrassing effort by all on the pitch and off it (Rudkin, Rodgers and Stowell) 

Stowell 😂 it’s hardly his fault. Top is to blame then Rodger’s.

18 minutes ago, StanSP said:

This run of games in April should have been the one to pull clear. Had we binned off Rodgers earlier than the Palace game, we'd have done better for sure. 

Yep we played basically all the same teams. Naturally though with more pressure on this time around we have basically blown the lot of them.

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The biggest error was not getting Smith in before Villa.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dannythefox said:

Stowell 😂 it’s hardly his fault. Top is to blame then Rodger’s.

Surely he must have had some impact on who was playing number 1 for 3/4 of the season. If not he should have been working on his weaknesses to make him better. Maybe should be working on the current one to coach him how to keep a goal kick on the pitch too…another one stealing a living from the club 

27 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

All of those aren't true but staying up delays relegation by another year. The same faces in the board will be there, the better players will go, we'll have to give contracts to average players to keep numbers, a lot of money is required to make the squad competitive.

Genuinely think next season in this league would be even worse in terms of points.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No.

I do prefer the championship. Football at the top, buttressed by nation states, is too corrupt. It is crazy that Arsenal is seen as a plucky underdog because their owner is backed by a bottomless pit of money.

Football is broken.