Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

41 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Can we ban anyone who says

1. The championship is a better league

2. I prefer the championship anyway

3. The championship will give us a good chance to rebuild. 

1 - of course not quality wise. More competitive though yes. Look at the teams in the play offs. 
2 - each to their own. 
3 - it should do. Or at least better than in the Prem. Down to the incompetence of those running the club however it will be a mess.

Just now, LCFCJohn said:

1 - of course not quality wise. More competitive though yes. Look at the teams in the play offs. 
2 - each to their own. 
3 - it should do. Or at least better than in the Prem. Down to the incompetence of those running the club however it will be a mess.

It’s only more competitve as the quality is more evened out. You don’t have a dominant 6 or 7 clubs. 

It’s a terrible league with lots of turgid football. Games moved left, right and centre.

When we rebuild, it’ll be a Championship team and not a Premier League team, so the overall quality will most likely drop. 

28 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Surely he must have had some impact on who was playing number 1 for 3/4 of the season. If not he should have been working on his weaknesses to make him better. Maybe should be working on the current one to coach him how to keep a goal kick on the pitch too…another one stealing a living from the club 

I’m sure he’s been working on things as he’s there everyday with them but I don’t see how he’s to blame, he must be doing something right because he’s been here years. The manager picks the team it’s all on him and Top. 

12 minutes ago, Dames said:

We are toast aint we. Other teams picking up points when it matters.

I will probably contrive myself to believe the opposite before Monday night - but yes, it's surely all over now.

Only picking up 2 points from our home games against Everton, Leeds, Bournemouth, plus Southampton away. Gone with a whimper.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Nothings changed really has it today? No fat lady singing yet

Forrest picked up a point, if we do what we expect to do (lose vs liverpool, lose vs newcastle, win vs west ham) it still wont be enough. 

That draw today is a huge difference maker.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, leicesterseddon said:

I will probably contrive myself to believe the opposite before Monday night - but yes, it's surely all over now.

Only picking up 2 points from our home games against Everton, Leeds, Bournemouth, plus Southampton away. Gone with a whimper.

We certainly had the easier fixtures from the last few games but barely picked up the points. Now got Liverpool and Newcastle coming… not good 

15 minutes ago, alanf0x said:

Surely he must have had some impact on who was playing number 1 for 3/4 of the season. If not he should have been working on his weaknesses to make him better. Maybe should be working on the current one to coach him how to keep a goal kick on the pitch too…another one stealing a living from the club 

...he coached Schmeichel who was a very good keeper for us, we won all the recent trophies with him!!!

The fact that Ward was poor, was more due to not having proper game time and playing second fiddle to our #1 for years. Iversen is kicking in a way that most keepers choose to gain advantage on the pitch by kicking to the sidelines, where we can gain territory up the pitch. It is a weird ploy, try bowling the ball out so we can break on teams, it is much more controlled thing to do.

I posted in the Prem league thread but it’s probably better suited in here.

Some guy in radio Leicester said our wage bill will be the biggest to get relegated. What a Fvcking disaster. Who’s to blame for assembling this bunch of overpaid tossers!

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Forrest picked up a point, if we do what we expect to do (lose vs liverpool, lose vs newcastle, win vs west ham) it still wont be enough. 

That draw today is a huge difference maker.

33 points was always unlikely to be enough. If we do what we’re expected to do, we’ll go down regardless. We were always likely to need something against Liverpool or Newcastle. Forest’s point today hasn’t changed that. 

Edited by ClaphamFox

19 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

It definitely has, a Forest loss meant we could have gone to the last game with our superior GD. Now we have to get 4 points at the bare minimum. 

18 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

No she is warming up ready for Monday, we have to win all 3 remaining matches based on Forest and Leeds results they're drawing matches they should have lost today, to give us hope

The one thing that gives me a crumb of comfort is the knowledge that our board will be doing absolutely fvck all planning and simply arrange an emergency board meeting for after the second week of next season when they realise what league we're in. Best owners in the league.

Only if he had given 60% all season we wouldn't be in this mess. What's he trying to imply? Either they haven't been giving it their all which they should be all season or if they have been giving 100% then what's gonna change? We'll still lose? Just a joke what these players come out with sometimes. 

17 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

33 points was always unlikely to be enough. If we do what we’re expected to do, we’ll go down regardless. We were always likely to need something against Liverpool or Newcastle. Forest’s point today hasn’t changed that. 

But then forest has a game against crystal palace that's winnable and again the point they gained today would be the difference if we picked up a freak win against liverpool and one against west ham. 

I think that point today was the difference between us 70% going down and it being 90% now. It's a huge point for forest whatever way you look at it.