Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

2 minutes ago, Daggers said:

The one thing that gives me a crumb of comfort is the knowledge that our board will be doing absolutely fvck all planning and simply arrange an emergency board meeting for after the second week of next season when they realise what league we're in. Best owners in the league.

Well I was hoping that Top put on his nice tie v Fulham because he was having meetings with potential buyers. There is no way this club has any sort of silver lining with him (and his board) any where near it. They’ve sucked everything out of it and will continue to do so while they are here.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

40 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Such a horrible argument. 

Football is football, and it isn’t going to change. 

The championship is ****ing dreadful, the standard is largely garbage, and it’s even more depressing when you’re struggling.

It’s bewildering that there are people actually suggesting they prefer it….. it’s an extremely worrying thing, to be relegated from the position we were in. Nothing but more pain and anguish will come from relegation.

Burnley seem to have quite enjoyed it. Player reset , manager settled in ,good gates and even an open top bus. We do need to come straight back up though and not through the playoffs.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

Burnley seem to have quite enjoyed it. Player reset , manager settled in ,good gates and even an open top bus. We do need to come straight back up though and not through the playoffs.

We won’t hire anyone as exciting Kompany and club leadership won’t change.

• Like 4

35 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Forrest picked up a point, if we do what we expect to do (lose vs liverpool, lose vs newcastle, win vs west ham) it still wont be enough. 

That draw today is a huge difference maker.

Does anyone expect us to beat West Ham? I thinks it a more a case of our only realistic chance to get 3 points but I certainly wouldn't expect it

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

And if we are to bounce straight back we need to accelerate our planning, be ready to confirm the manager asap and crack on with the squad ins and outs. Not that confident of that whilst Rudders is in place as DofF.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 1

Just now, billyfox1 said:

Does anyone expect us to beat West Ham? I thinks it a more a case of our only realistic chance to get 3 points but I certainly wouldn't expect it

Youre right it was bad phrasing, i meant most expected, the other two games require a miracle for us to get anything out of it, the west ham game is at least a possibility

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

No team has ever faced the issues we have though. Going down with the biggest wage bill ever seen by a premier league side. Pretty much every player will have to go bar a couple of them. And any plans for a rebuild ripped up as I can tell you know, I bet the board haven’t even considered a relegation plan. 

I just have a horrible gut feeling we’re set to nose dive like never before. The task is absolutely monumental, and that’s for a competent board. We may as well have the chuckle brothers in charge. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

But then forest has a game against crystal palace that's winnable and again the point they gained today would be the difference if we picked up a freak win against liverpool and one against west ham. 

I think that point today was the difference between us 70% going down and it being 90% now. It's a huge point for forest whatever way you look at it.

Palace are much better than Chelsea on current form and it will be Hodgson’s last game in charge. I don’t think Forest will get anything there, nor do I think they’ll get anything at home to Arsenal. 

If we win our two home games, we’ll stay up. A win and a draw might do it but probably won’t. Obviously our survival

depends on us putting in the kind of performance against Liverpool that we’ve shown no sign of putting in all season and in that sense is unlikely. But it’s not impossible.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

Such a horrible argument. 

Football is football, and it isn’t going to change. 

The championship is ****ing dreadful, the standard is largely garbage, and it’s even more depressing when you’re struggling.

It’s bewildering that there are people actually suggesting they prefer it….. it’s an extremely worrying thing, to be relegated from the position we were in. Nothing but more pain and anguish will come from relegation.

I am thoroughly enjoying this playoff game right now. Obviously financially and for club infrastructure we want to be in the premier league, but do not tell people they should be banned for looking forward to a rebuild and watching new teams every weekend, without one club dominating all else.

It is bad but I cannot abide unnessary doomerism.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

But then forest has a game against crystal palace that's winnable and again the point they gained today would be the difference if we picked up a freak win against liverpool and one against west ham. 

I think that point today was the difference between us 70% going down and it being 90% now. It's a huge point for forest whatever way you look at it.

Forests game against Chelsea was their easiest of their run in. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Dames said:

We are toast aint we. Other teams picking up points when it matters.

Whoever could've seen coming that we'd be the ones to start flapping it when the pressure is on. If only there was previous evidence.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

No team has ever faced the issues we have though. Going down with the biggest wage bill ever seen by a premier league side. Pretty much every player will have to go bar a couple of them. And any plans for a rebuild ripped up as I can tell you know, I bet the board haven’t even considered a relegation plan. 

I just have a horrible gut feeling we’re set to nose dive like never before. The task is absolutely monumental, and that’s for a competent board. We may as well have the chuckle brothers in charge. 

Things have a way of sorting themselves out. The wage bill will have to be much reduced and some contracts bought out. The parachute payment will have to be used there. A final purge of anything and everything to do with Rodgers and his cronies will lift the club. New players will need to subscribe to a team ethic and there will be no room for prima donnas or lightweight continental show ponies. We did this ten years ago and we can do it again.

1 hour ago, Pliskin said:

It shows how badly this club has been run in the last few years from the owner down to Rodgers all as guilty ! Unfortunately because of the way this club has been run in the last few years ie contracts running out of prize assets and contracts of many of the first team squad allowed to end at the same date plus much more  i see us very similar to Sunderland when they went down and our fight could be at the wrong end of the Championship next season! I have no faith whatsoever in this ownership to recruit a new manager or turn things around

Edited by Jono1604

Finances will be tite for sure, but it really should be seen as an opportunity to clean house, not just in terms of players that's happening in any case, but it's time to get rid of alot of deadwood coaching staff across the board, a real spring clean!

Fans thinking we’ll do a Burnley next season haven’t really got their head around what a serious state this club is in. To do a Burnley you need to be a well run club with a clear philosophy and strategy, a number of good quality players still at the club and an excellent recruitment strategy. We have none of those things going for us. We’re also in a financial mess

This club is in a spiral and it’s going to be a long time before the fans see PL football again unless King Power look to sell the club 

Edited by 99 Problems
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, 99 Problems said:

Fans thinking we’ll do a Burnley next season haven’t really got their head around what a serious state this club is in. To do a Burnley you need to be a well run club with a clear philosophy and strategy, a number of good quality players still at the club and an excellent recruitment strategy. We have none of those things going for us. We’re also in a financial mess

This club is in a spiral and it’s going to be a long time before the fans see PL football again unless King Power look to sell the club 

I get the point you are making, I don’t think we will, but Burnley were in a very similar situation with the TV rights and having to rebuild their squad. Obviously the wage bill was nothing compared to ours.

But for the point I’ve highlighted above, people are underestimating the teams that won’t come up. Luton have been at the top for 2 years, Sunderland have a very good few young players, Cov improve every year and Carrick is really pushing Boro on.

From a footballing point of view you would probably say next season is ok to rebuild for the season after but financially I recon that means disappearing into the oblivion.

Edited by Costock_Fox