Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

34 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Newcastle and West Ham look beatable. Liverpool probably not. Can’t believe everyone’s gave up already.

They look beatable for all the teams in the Premiership other than us and Southampton! We will get tonked at Newcastle!!!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, F T Fagos said:

Looking at the fixtures and points situation, I reckon we need two wins and a draw to stand a chance of staying up.It ain't happening folks. Accept it. 

Everton won't get 37 points. That requires them to draw 2 and win 1. They'll either get higher or less, to get higher assuming they lose tomorrow to Man City would require them to beat Wolves away and Bournemouth at home and they'd end up on 38. 

I think they'll draw at Wolves and beat Bournemouth. So that's 36. We need to win 2 out of 3. Not happening anyway. Not even sure we get another point.

• Like 2

I know everyone is down beat, and I am too. But I am holding onto the smallest of hope that somehow, just maybe survival can happen.. starting with Monday night. 

Before anyone says the other teams are putting up more of a fight then maybe they are. But look at the results over the last week.. 

everton away at Brighton,

forest away at Chelsea, 

Leeds home to Newcastle 

lose away at Newcastle and admittedly that’s it, but i always go by the saying it ain’t over until the fat lady sings.. 

1 minute ago, MS0204 said:

I know everyone is down beat, and I am too. But I am holding onto the smallest of hope that somehow, just maybe survival can happen.. starting with Monday night. 

Before anyone says the other teams are putting up more of a fight then maybe they are. But look at the results over the last week.. 

forest away at Chelsea, 

Leeds home to Newcastle 

lose away at Newcastle and admittedly that’s it, but i always go by the saying it ain’t over until the fat lady sings.. 

Admire the optimism but no sale.

27 minutes ago, melvinmmelvin said:

What do you mean, have I been? I build model railways. I don't know squat about football... 

Hello Brendan!😁👍

30 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Realistic list of players leaving/staying and for what price if/when we go down? 

OUT: 

Bertrand £0

evans £0 

tielemans £0 

amartey £0 

soumare £15 m 

praet (out of contract?) 

castagne 12m 

mendy £0 

ndidi £18m 

cags £0 

barnes £35 m 

madders £50 

vestergaard £10m 

140m to rebuild a team in the champ? 

Staying: 

Iverson 

ward 

smithies 

Ricardo? 
faes 

souttar 

victor 

thomas 

kdh 

vardy 

Justin 

fair? 

And after the loss of tv revenue etc probably have about £30m to rebuild a whole squad

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Things have a way of sorting themselves out. The wage bill will have to be much reduced and some contracts bought out. The parachute payment will have to be used there. A final purge of anything and everything to do with Rodgers and his cronies will lift the club. New players will need to subscribe to a team ethic and there will be no room for prima donnas or lightweight continental show ponies. We did this ten years ago and we can do it again.

...this does not happen without someone at the helm, with a vision and a plan!!!

1. Top to address that he knows nothing about the game and the people he has entrusted to run the club, know little more than he does.

2. A new DoF, to implement a long-term plan and restructure the club.

3. Everything flows from putting 1 & 2 in place.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tanya said:

I am thoroughly enjoying this playoff game right now. Obviously financially and for club infrastructure we want to be in the premier league, but do not tell people they should be banned for looking forward to a rebuild and watching new teams every weekend, without one club dominating all else.

It is bad but I cannot abide unnessary doomerism.

It’s not unnecessary…. This club is in an absolute state. The championship won’t be fun. 

53 minutes ago, MS0204 said:

forest away at Chelsea, 

Leeds home to Newcastle 

You say look at the results last week but they are teams that have players that actually care about their club 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, alanf0x said:

They look beatable for all the teams in the Premiership other than us and Southampton! We will get tonked at Newcastle!!!

I think we've got to go all out against Liverpool now on Monday who will be desperate for a win (almost as much as us!) in pursuit of Man. Utd for top 4. Then park the bus at StJames Park and hope for the best! Those are obviously the two games that will most likely decide our eventual fate this season - and then if a miracle happens in either or both of those for us then we can only hope all the other results went our way in the meantime and then obviously we simply have to beat the Hammers. Would be absolutely unreal if we pulled off two freak results in the next two games and then blew it against nothing to play for West Ham on the final day - but that would also be very Leicester this season perhaps!

It's not so much relegation, it's the very real prospect of us being ****ed for a very long time that's worrying me. Just feel relegation at the end of this season might only be the tip of this particularly shitty iceberg.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

4 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

It's not so much relegation, it's the very real prospect of us being ****ed for a very long time that's worrying me. Just feel relegation at the end of this season might only be the tip of this particularly shitty iceberg.

Don’t worry pal, we’ve got a mint training ground