Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

4 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

he could, he was just playing stupid games to make a point to the board about a lack of signings. should have been sacked after that for publicly disparaging his employers

it was tragic because we were excellent that first half

8 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

he could, he was just playing stupid games to make a point to the board about a lack of signings. should have been sacked after that for publicly disparaging his employers

Scott Parker got sacked from Bournemouth for saying less.

• Like 1

Just now, Matt said:

Scott Parker got sacked from Bournemouth for saying less.

I think his number was up when he dissed the club back then 

but someone making the decisions was arrogant to think that we could sack him for less money after 28 games/when he decided he would negotiate and still stay up 

5 hours ago, F T Fagos said:

Looking at the fixtures and points situation, I reckon we need two wins and a draw to stand a chance of staying up.It ain't happening folks. Accept it. 

I gave up after the last match when I believed one more win would be enough. Eurovision night. Nil points. 

3 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Newcastle and West Ham look beatable. Liverpool probably not. Can’t believe everyone’s gave up already.

Did you watch either of our games against Newcastle this season? lol

It doesn’t matter how poor another side looks when we’ve been so much worse all season. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Guy said:

I think we've got to go all out against Liverpool now on Monday who will be desperate for a win (almost as much as us!) in pursuit of Man. Utd for top 4. Then park the bus at StJames Park and hope for the best! Those are obviously the two games that will most likely decide our eventual fate this season - and then if a miracle happens in either or both of those for us then we can only hope all the other results went our way in the meantime and then obviously we simply have to beat the Hammers. Would be absolutely unreal if we pulled off two freak results in the next two games and then blew it against nothing to play for West Ham on the final day - but that would also be very Leicester this season perhaps!

I get the optimism but I felt that going into both Southampton games, palace away, Bournemouth home, villa home, Fulham home and away just to name a few. We lost them all. This team haven’t got the fight. I can see us realistically getting 1 point this year vs West Ham. Possibly 3 points against them if down by that game already. Beating a team when nothing to play for would sum this team up. 

• Like 1

Watching our relegation rivals fight so hard and picking up unexpected points stands in sharp contrast to the pathetic efforts of our own lot. I reckon we need a minimum of 6 points now to survive and I can’t see how that’s possible.

We should have got Big Sam in when we had the chance. Might have put some steel into our disinterested squad.

10 hours ago, mod hero said:

Rodgers created this awful atmosphere around the club which is a major part of why we’re getting relegated. Of course he will come out of this with his Elite status intact and blame everyone else. 

can’t stand the bloke. Absolute slime ball and is now in the Peter Taylor section of managers I hate.

Cretin

Hate is a strong word but I do echo your sentiments in that he is not somebody I respect in any way shape or form, very much style over substance and would be better off flashing those whites at customers in a second hand car yard. 

41 minutes ago, jet64 said:

How any City fan could come away from that game and not realise our manager has  INTENTIONALLY thrown the game in a sulk is beyond me.

Fuming then. 
Fuming now. 

Anger is defo the overriding emotion of this season. 

its been an unstoppable train heading for the sh*te. And we are all thinking if only…

> they had invested in the Summer (don’t say they couldn’t as they found funds to make panic buys in Jan and were offering Harrison a fortune in wages according to reports)

> started Iversen over Ward

>Didn’t sell Fofana / sell him earlier but insist on  Chalobah / Colwill on loan 

> Played Cags over Amartey

> BR had used / not used subs to make points to the Board e.g Brentford

> the Board sacked BR earlier

etc etc

fuming 😡

• Like 4

if the results stay as they are, I think a point tomorrow would be huge. 

we will pick up a bit more confidence and it keeps forest within reach.  It suddenly becomes a possible task. 

win at newcastle and then it’s a last day crab shoot, 

I said before fulham in my calculations 5 points minimum would be needed, it’s still possible that 5 points is enough, we’d just need some favours with rivals only getting draws. 

17 hours ago, The Doctor said:

Absolutely, contrast to Scott Parker who was vocal about the board at Bournemouth and was rewarded with the sack, and they are where they are and we are where we are.

Edited by Tuna