Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

2 hours ago, Sly said:

We will be lucky to take anything from them.

2 years ago, that wasn’t the case though.

We just need to get some of that spirit and bite back.

I've completely lost the last remnants of my spirit after witnessing Ward's 20th consecutive start.

Nevertheless, I must give credit where it's due; his no-look approach to football has proven remarkably effective in helping me evade the missus.

• Haha 2

Just now, FoxesWalk said:

50% pay cuts… may not be enough where we are going. Income will be slashed by ~2/3rds 

35-50% pay cuts will suffice -  for those who are left at the club 

the question I’m thinking about is this :

we couldn’t sell a number of players because their salaries were too large for a buying club and we weren’t prepared to take a bath on the difference  - I assume that with the their salaries dropped down, this will no longer be a problem. Of course distressed sales will bring in less revenue in fees.  I would think that loyalty bonus’ paid to players who are sold will be the biggest pain for us. 

In brief:

• Awards do scrapped
  • 35-50% wage cut for all players
  • Villa players Cameron Archer & Aaron Ramsey (On-loan at Middlesbrough) are seen as "the type of players" we should be after/Glover is looking at Championship targets
  • Dean likes Youri
Edited by LCFCJoe96

£500k+ off the books just from players whose contracts are ending

Then another 35-50% off all remaining contracts

Then some of our biggest earners in Maddison and Barnes are going to be going as well

This will at least serve as a good opportunity for the club to get the spiralling wage budget under control

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 4

28 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

Can someone post the full article 

Leicester crisis deepens as club awards night scrapped and players face 50 per cent pay cuts

Exclusive: Salaries could be halved if team relegated, while club officials feel end-of-season celebration event would be inappropriate

Leicester City have scrapped their end-of-season awards dinner with the club facing relegation to the Championship.

Ahead of the crucial date with Liverpool on Monday night, the crisis engulfing Leicester is deepening with the club axing the annual event as senior officials believe it will be inappropriate. With the 2016 Premier League title winners now two points adrift of safety, the full focus is on the final three matches that will have a huge impact on the club’s future. It is understood that a provisional date for the awards night had been set for next week, but the decision was taken to cancel it earlier this month.

As Leicester prepare for a potentially pivotal match, it can also be revealed that the club’s players will have their salaries slashed by up to 50 per cent in the event of relegation.After posting record pre-tax losses of £92.5 million earlier this year, some supporters have been fearing further financial pain with Leicester’s squad not having relegation reductions in their contracts.

However, the clauses are believed to be between 35 and 50 per cent for all players and it is normal procedure for the majority of Premier League clubs. Though Leicester are still in with a chance of survival, potential targets are being identified for the Championship.

Martyn Glover, the head of senior recruitment, and his staff are focusing on young players already performing in the second tier: Aston Villa’s loanees Cameron Archer and Aaron Ramsey are impressing at Middlesbrough and regarded as the type of players Leicester should be signing. 

Leicester’s head coach Dean Smith is demanding a reaction after the 5-3 drubbing at Fulham last Monday and has moved to defend Youri Tielemans after the midfielder emerged as a target for angry fans.

Tielemans is coming under scrutiny after being named as Smith’s captain, despite turning down numerous offers over the last two years to sign a new contract. The Belgium international is set to leave as a free agent this summer and fans regard who they perceive as a wantaway player leading their battle against relegation as a symbol of the malaise.

He was booed in the defeat at Craven Cottage as players were subjected to chants of “you’re not fit to wear the shirt”. Yet Smith has thrown his support behind the £32 million signing from Monaco and insisted his loyalty cannot be questioned. “I’m completely comfortable with his commitment, I’ve seen nothing but a committed player in and around the training ground and on the pitch,” he said.

“I’m very good at reading people and as soon as I met Youri, you know that football means a lot to him. Without a shadow of a doubt, he cares.

“He’s a captain who is very focused and tactically astute, so he knows the game. He’s got qualities that we need in the team.

“He’s one that the other players will follow because of his professionalism to the game. There’s all different type of leaders as we know.” 

Leicester face Liverpool second-bottom in the table and without a clean sheet in their last 20 matches.

Probable: Iversen; Castagne, Faes, Soyuncu, Thomas; Tielemans, Ndidi, Mendy; Maddison, Vardy, Barnes.

Edited by ClaphamFox
  • Like 2

4 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Leicester crisis deepens as club awards night scrapped and players face 50 per cent pay cuts

Exclusive: Salaries could be halved if team relegated, while club officials feel end-of-season celebration event would be inappropriate

Leicester City have scrapped their end-of-season awards dinner with the club facing relegation to the Championship.

Ahead of the crucial date with Liverpool on Monday night, the crisis engulfing Leicester is deepening with the club axing the annual event as senior officials believe it will be inappropriate. With the 2016 Premier League title winners now two points adrift of safety, the full focus is on the final three matches that will have a huge impact on the club’s future. It is understood that a provisional date for the awards night had been set for next week, but the decision was taken to cancel it earlier this month.

As Leicester prepare for a potentially pivotal match, it can also be revealed that the club’s players will have their salaries slashed by up to 50 per cent in the event of relegation.After posting record pre-tax losses of £92.5 million earlier this year, some supporters have been fearing further financial pain with Leicester’s squad not having relegation reductions in their contracts.

However, the clauses are believed to be between 35 and 50 per cent for all players and it is normal procedure for the majority of Premier League clubs. Though Leicester are still in with a chance of survival, potential targets are being identified for the Championship.

Martyn Glover, the head of senior recruitment, and his staff are focusing on young players already performing in the second tier: Aston Villa’s loanees Cameron Archer and Aaron Ramsey are impressing at Middlesbrough and regarded as the type of players Leicester should be signing. 

Leicester’s head coach Dean Smith is demanding a reaction after the 5-3 drubbing at Fulham last Monday and has moved to defend Youri Tielemans after the midfielder emerged as a target for angry fans.

Tielemans is coming under scrutiny after being named as Smith’s captain, despite turning down numerous offers over the last two years to sign a new contract. The Belgium international is set to leave as a free agent this summer and fans regard who they perceive as a wantaway player leading their battle against relegation as a symbol of the malaise.

He was booed in the defeat at Craven Cottage as players were subjected to chants of “you’re not fit to wear the shirt”. Yet Smith has thrown his support behind the £32 million signing from Monaco and insisted his loyalty cannot be questioned. “I’m completely comfortable with his commitment, I’ve seen nothing but a committed player in and around the training ground and on the pitch,” he said.

“I’m very good at reading people and as soon as I met Youri, you know that football means a lot to him. Without a shadow of a doubt, he cares.

“He’s a captain who is very focused and tactically astute, so he knows the game. He’s got qualities that we need in the team.

“He’s one that the other players will follow because of his professionalism to the game. There’s all different type of leaders as we know.” 

Leicester face Liverpool second-bottom in the table and without a clean sheet in their last 20 matches.

Probable: Iversen; Castagne, Faes, Soyuncu, Thomas; Tielemans, Ndidi, Mendy; Maddison, Vardy, Barnes.

Cheers mate 

8 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

that probable line up deserves relegation in itself. 

if that’s the best we can do when the going gets tough than there really is no surprise to why we are going down 

19 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

Gonna take some getting used to next season. Developing Villa's players for them 🤢 we put 4 past them away from home not long ago!

We were a point behind them when they sacked Gerrard, now 27 and well on course for a relegation from which we're looking to the likes of their reserves to rescue us. What a club.

Starting to get an end of days vibe once the inevitable happens , makes you wonder what else is going to come out about the clubs real situation.

With such a quick turnaround between end of PL season and start of the EFL on 5th August I think the club will offer Smith the job if only to show someone is at the helm. We can’t have no manager and a skeleton squad for too long otherwise we enter the pre season in crisis mode. I guess and hope Glover has been doing his stuff over the previous few months however difficult with not knowing what league we’ll be in.

Still win tomorrow and we can all get our hopes up again!

I've accepted it already, and have already started rationalising it as to us being free from the corruption of the Premier League. I'll have a post prepared for when it happens, and will be heartbroken when it does, but at least we ****ing won it.

• Like 3

On 13/05/2023 at 23:36, alanf0x said:

I get the optimism but I felt that going into both Southampton games, palace away, Bournemouth home, villa home, Fulham home and away just to name a few. We lost them all. This team haven’t got the fight. I can see us realistically getting 1 point this year vs West Ham. Possibly 3 points against them if down by that game already. Beating a team when nothing to play for would sum this team up. 

Yes, very much like the last game at Filbert Street during the post Taylor season under Micky Adams/Dave Basset when I think we beat Spurs but still went down! Still after today then anything can (still) happen I guess¬!

Edited by Guy

It is a must win against Liverpool.

Forest has been looked down upon here, but they fought and been picking up points.

For us, many here including me said it was a must win against Everton and Leeds. Someone said not necessarily. If we can’t beat the teams that we can fighting against in the bottom, how are we going to beat Liverpool? To put simply, it is a must win later today but it is going to require an absolute miracle. Liverpool are getting better and they are fighting for a European place. But if we do not win, we really do not have anymore hope. We need a miracle quick goal to calm nerves in the first 15 mins, and then we will see. If we concede first, you may as well switch off the TV.

Btw, we must start Mendy. The only two games we won this season was when he started and he was brilliant.