Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Time for the lads to prove the majority of us wrong, that many of them haven’t already packed their bags, they care and have some fight and take it to Liverpool.

Let’s hope they have had a rocket put under them and come out fighting. Let’s show some pride….for once.

up the citeh 

1 minute ago, JimmyC74 said:

Time for the lads to prove the majority of us wrong, that many of them haven’t already packed their bags, they care and have some fight and take it to Liverpool.

Let’s hope they have had a rocket put under them and come out fighting. Let’s show some pride….for once.

up the citeh 

Even if they show all the fight, we still need a sudden uptick in ability to play as a cohesive team against a Liverpool who won 6 in a row.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Jon the Hat said:

Even if they show all the fight, we still need a sudden uptick in ability to play as a cohesive team against a Liverpool who won 6 in a row.

Agreed.

It’s last throw off the dice time and probably all too late but I just hope from somewhere they can find a performance to prove me wrong.

• Like 1

Been reflecting on this again on the drive to work, and I think the big message in our demise is that pretty much everyone outside the rich 6 is mismanagement over season or two from being relegated. When those in rich 6 are on the slide they have sufficient resources to spend their way out of it. While we have been mismanaged to the hilt, it is incredibly depressing. Anyone who has read the Soccernomics book will understand this point. I can see why proper football fans are turning their back on top level football.

• Like 3

Brendan had a dream 

To break a football team

He came from Celtic and now he's working from home

He made us look slack

We gave him the sack

7th highest wage bill in England

You couldn't blame that

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

This image bothers me greatly. Look how bunched up it was! For clarity this was after dumb and dumbers first game in charge.

For me, if we'd had an immediate BR replacement, we'd be nearly safe by now, because we'd have got points off Palace and Bournemouth (4 I reckon, rather than 1) 

FwJqFghX0AAmed7?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by AjcW
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, nathan. said:

Do people think Daka will be sold?

I can see Maddison, Barnes & Daka being sold.

I think we'll either keep him or loan him, hoping that he'll net a bunch of goals and we'll make some of our money back. If we sell him now, we'd probably be making a massive loss.

25 minutes ago, nathan. said:

I can't see many clubs in the Premier League actually paying money for him. Possibly end up back in the euro leagues with Soumare (hopefully). 

Does anyone actually have any inside knowledge of the finances?  Rather than just speculation? 
I’ve come to terms with playing in the championship, but what really scares me is all the stuff being said about the finances.  And I’m not sure if it’s based on genuine inside information, or fans/journalists just guessing at what might happen.  
Are we actually facing administration?

29 minutes ago, nathan. said:

I think we will keep Daka if he is happy to play in the championship and doesn't try to force a move. We could get a decent enough offer to accept then we will let him go. I honestly think he could bag 15-20 in the championship.  

Edited by Jabfox
Spelling

1 minute ago, Qwerty said:

Does anyone actually have any inside knowledge of the finances?  Rather than just speculation? 
I’ve come to terms with playing in the championship, but what really scares me is all the stuff being said about the finances.  And I’m not sure if it’s based on genuine inside information, or fans/journalists just guessing at what might happen.  
Are we actually facing administration?

With the amount of players out of contract or being sold and if Percy is correct, then we'll probably have a wage commitment lower than most Championship clubs. 

No idea about the loans and stuff. Too complicated for me and mostly guesswork. 

Administration? Doubt it. 

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Forest's method isn't good, they've been extremely fortunate that we've imploded.

Yep, Leeds wll be the 3rd team down I reckon, Bamford misses against us and Newcastle will probably cost them in the end.

Got to the point where I'd rather Everton and Leeds just win at the weekend and just get this season over and done with.

Just annoying now going into each game with some element or glimmer of hope that these absolute wasters will do something productive or beneficial for the club, only for it to be shattered in moments.

Get us down and start a rebuild again. Get some players in that actually care about the club and show some heart/desire to want to win.

• Like 2

With Everton away at Wolves, and Leeds away at West Ham you could be 4 points adrift before you play Newcastle, with massive pressure to win or be almost mathematically down. 

I don't think that will happen though. I still think it'll go down to the last day with you needing to win and hope other results go for you.