Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

On 30/08/2022 at 09:28, Sean2000 said:

Does anyone buy this? I've no doubt it's true in terms of King Power. But were they previously putting money into the club that they now are not? Given we've been run at a profit over the last 5 years, I wouldn't have thought so?

We havent been making a profit for the last 5 years.

2 hours ago, BACKO said:

Of all the teams in the Premier League this season Bournemouth and Leicester have looked the worst.  We have just sold our best defender and its looking likely we will sell our best midfielder too.  Anyone that thinks relegation is not a possibility needs a quick reality check.  If Brendan goes before/during the International break I'd back us to stay up and be mid table, if he stays I think we are in a relegation fight.

Yes and in fairness to Bournemouth, haven't they played three of the top six? So whilst I think they will be relegated, they have a reasonable excuse thus far.

I think it will be Forest, Bournemouth and A N Other. At the moment we look like we'll be in the mix unless we have a productive end of the transfer window. Who knows how teams will be disrupted with the world cup too. If I was picking a third then I'd plump for Everton - just don't think they have replaced Richarlison and they really were woeful last season. Wolves or Villa could well get dragged in too though. Think Leeds and Brentford have enough about them to pick up some more home wins and stay up.

relegation maybe too extreme but It feels like the 16/17 and 17/18 seasons where we are going through a transition without any plan and our transfer windows being unorganised and without vision, hopefully we can rebuild again like under the few seasons under Puel even though we were still shit the vision was there and then Brendan, until hes gone weird 

• Like 1

With the signings we are linked too we have all the hallmarks of a club and team that is beginning an irreversible slide backwards.

If we aren't relegated this season we definitely will be next unless something drastic happens and the course is changed.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Mazingerzepa said:

If we beat MU tomorrow, we will be more optimistic about the future. This bad streak makes everything look worse than it really is.

It buys Rodgers more time which is probably dangerous.

We have a first XI with more tan enough quality to be nowhere near the discussion - under a new manager. If nothing changes we're f ucked.

• Like 1

Even Bournemouth, obviously they look pretty dross and I'd expect them to drop but they've changed manager already which may give them a boost, not to mention they've actually won a game unlike us.

The category of sides I expected to struggle, with the exception of Everton have all made quite good starts. It's really not beyond the realms of possibility. I'd like to think the club don't have this burning house "this is OK" attitude like a lot of the fans do but I fear they do.

2 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Even Bournemouth, obviously they look pretty dross and I'd expect them to drop but they've changed manager already which may give them a boost, not to mention they've actually won a game unlike us.

The category of sides I expected to struggle, with the exception of Everton have all made quite good starts. It's really not beyond the realms of possibility. I'd like to think the club don't have this burning house "this is OK" attitude like a lot of the fans do but I fear they do.

Bournemouth have had a more difficult start on paper too. 

Guest itude

Bournemouth may, or may not, have acted too hastily, but at least they acted.

Seems like Rodgers has a lot more lives than he deserves compared to Parker.

We’re genuinely in trouble this season. We’ve got a manager who doesn’t have the fight in him to drag us out of this mess, we’re losing key players and we’re not able to recruit to replace them, teams around us are strengthening and the promoted teams (Bournemouth aside) look like they are going to compete. On top of all of that, there is a negative feel around the whole club at the moment. Something needs to change soon. ☹️

This team ain’t that bad. Once the manager is gone I can see us getting comfortable midtable. Just hope it’s sooner rather than later so we’re not playing catch-up.

• Like 1