Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

I think because we've been so bad for so long, it's stopped hurting. I mean, it's not over exaggerating to say we've been a really awful side for 2 years.  The very fact we are not relegated with 2 games to go is phenomenal. 

It's horrible to say it, this one doesn't hurt.  It's been so long coming it's deserved, with no argument to have. 

I think I'll actually be weirdly relieved when it's finally confirmed. 

Tell the primadonnas they've played their last game for club and feel free to piss off ASAP and play some of the guys who are likely to stick around on the final day.

43 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Behind all of the bravado, all of the jokes and the loss taking from other fans, this is a desperate sad situation.

Some fans are kidding themselves by trying to suggest the championship is a better league, it really isn’t…. It’s an awful attitude, you compete in sports to play at the highest level, and with the level we operate at, this is ****ing hideous. 

We’ve spoken at length about the negligence by the board, but they will get off lightly when the 20 odd thousand fans who bother to go to West Ham will clap and cheer them all off the pitch. This team needs to be hissed out of the door, they have along with the board ****ed this.

Theres been mention that the championship might be a cleansing experience for the club….. what evidence do we have to suggest this? In fact I’ll wager that there’s no plans at all….. the board are that absent they won’t even have a plan until we drop…. And we will go into the summer without a ****ing clue. Nothing good will come of this, in fact, I wouldn’t be surprised if we can’t even field a full team by the time the season starts…… there’s far too much work to do, and we’re simply not able to do it. 

There’s been too much emphasis placed on the infrastructure and they’ve taken their eye off the football. The men’s team, the women’s team and the academy are all ****ing shit, we are probably officially the shittest professional club in England….. and that’s all been done through poor management and ****ing hideous…

Just to reiterate Nottingham Forest will be playing premier league football next season…. The recent Premier league champions, FA cup winners, European cup semi final team, will be likely facing back to back relegations and a chaotic future. 

I can’t begin to fathom how anyone is remotely okay with this, but I’m ****ing livid. I don’t care what King Power has done, I want them gone, they’re no longer fit to run a club. 

God knows what it’ll happen this summer, this club simply couldn’t get relegated, and some how they are. 

I don’t want to see another clap, another cheer, nothing. I don’t want to see them walk around the pitch at the end of the season I don’t want to see anymore ****ing pictures of Seagrave. 

I want to hear our spineless absent owner come out and ****ing say something, tell us you have a plan and we aren’t ****ed. 

This season has been a disaster, ten years of hard work and building have been torn apart, and that’s the most concerning thing… it’s taken 18 months to destroy ten years of work….. ****ing breathtaking. 

Our football club is dying….. and before it’s killed, **** off that stupid gold badge….

To make matters worse you now have to prepare for your ukulele windmill show!

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2023/05/18/how-bad-relegation-from-premier-league-would-be/

Does the club have wage reductions in place? 

Leicester’s players will have their salaries slashed between 35 to 50 per cent dependent on wages. The big question is how many of the squad will be sticking around to suffer the reduction.

Would it lead to a firesale and who are their best assets? 

Leicester’s two best players, James Maddison and Harvey Barnes, are almost certain to be sold while the seven out of contract are set to leave as free agents.

What would it mean for the manager? 

Dean Smith was given eight games to try and save Leicester and is facing a tough task to succeed. His contract expires after that and while he will be under consideration for a longer deal, other targets including Russell Martin and Carlos Corberan may come into the frame.

What would it mean for the owners? 

King Power’s commitment remains unwavering and chairman Top Srivaddhanaprabha recently wrote off £194 million of legacy debt. Persistent rumours of King Power seeking outside investment have been dismissed. 

Are there any other off-field issues that could be impacted? 

Leicester reported pre-tax losses of £92.5 million earlier this year and will seek to offload players to lower their cost base. Leicester have borrowed around £70 million from Australian bank Macquarie.

How disastrous would relegation be? 

A complete reset is required regardless of relegation so this may not be the grisly prospect many would think. This squad will be completely different ahead of next season whatever the outcome of their fate. 

16 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

This squad will be completely different ahead of next season whatever the outcome of their fate

'Whatever the outcome of their fate??'

Hard to believe, but the Telegraph used to be an actual newspaper (a right old horrible Tory rag, but still a real paper). Now they can't even write proper.

What a world we live in.

There is more chance of us being in the premier league in just over a year’s time if we get relegated than if we stay up.

Apart from the sole fact of being in the premier league (and the money that comes with it), I see no positive from staying up. I am convinced if by some miracle we do, the board will just consider this a fluke year and nothing will change. It will be the same shit board, with the same shit players, with the same shit mentality minus our 3 “best” players.It would be an unmitigated disaster of a season.

With relegation, there is at least some hope that there will be major overhaul changes and we get our Leicester from a few seasons ago back

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

There is more chance of us being in the premier league in just over a year’s time if we get relegated than if we stay up.

Apart from the sole fact of being in the premier league (and the money that comes with it), I see no positive from staying up. I am convinced if by some miracle we do, the board will just consider this a fluke year and nothing will change. It will be the same shit board, with the same shit players, with the same shit mentality minus our 3 “best” players.It would be an unmitigated disaster of a season.

With relegation, there is at least some hope that there will be major overhaul changes and we get our Leicester from a few seasons ago back

Based on that, why haven't Everton been relegated then? They've been on the brink a couple of seasons. West Ham the same.

Next season would be very different for us because half the squad would leave or is out of contract, as a minimum it is a rebuild on the pitch. I can't foresee a huge rebuild behind the scenes whatever happens. So I don't think next season would be more of the same in the PL. Don't get me wrong, we won't be challenging for Europe but I do think we could push up the table next season if we did somehow avoid the drop.

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Based on that, why haven't Everton been relegated then? They've been on the brink a couple of seasons. West Ham the same.

Next season would be very different for us because half the squad would leave or is out of contract, as a minimum it is a rebuild on the pitch. I can't foresee a huge rebuild behind the scenes whatever happens. So I don't think next season would be more of the same in the PL. Don't get me wrong, we won't be challenging for Europe but I do think we could push up the table next season if we did somehow avoid the drop.

West ham finished 7th last year so were never on the brink. Everton have been bailed out with a combination of us being terrible and Dyche but next year will once again be likely battling for relegation. As I said, the reason we’ll struggle is due to the lack of change behind the scenes.
Nothing over last 2 seasons has shown evidence of us buying correctly in the market and we are essentially losing the spine of the team in the summer. 

21 minutes ago, Swarles Barkley said:

There will be a major overhaul of the playing squad no matter whether we're relegated or by some miracle stay up. However, you would imagine it would be easier to keep players we do want and attract players we want to sign by being a PL team, going down to the Championship only makes this harder, and makes the players we can attract and sign probably a slightly lesser quality. 

After watching Newcastle last night it doesn't matter now anyway as we are going down - you would hope that it's manic behind the scenes in the scouting and recruitment teams identifying players, whilst senior management are doing their homework and putting feelers out for the new manager - however somehow, after the way things have been managed this season - you just can't see it can you.

Starting watching Sunderland til I die for the first time last night. Was really getting vibes that we will be similar if we go down. Especially if we’re given next to nothing to spend… hoping we’ll have sat least a comparable amount of money as other teams wanting to get back up. 

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Us, Everton and Leeds all lose this weekend. 

We win vs West Ham, Leeds draw vs Spurs, Everton draw vs Bournemouth. We stay up on goal difference. 

Happy days :ph34r:

Your assuming Newcastle won’t pump is 15-0 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, RoboFox said:

When the inevitable does happen I want to hear from the board. 

Not some smarmy communications director spinning the fans a load of bollocks. Rudkin, Whelan, Top.

I know it's not the "done thing" at City, but these are extraordinary circumstances. Sit them down and ask some tough questions. Not some drone employed by the club's media department prompting meaningless platitudes - a proper journalist. Time accept responsibility and take accountability for the mess the club is in.

The fans deserve answers and the silence is absolutely deafening.

Agreed but in all likelihood we will just get a message like this:

Dear Leicester City Fans,

We are sorry we will do everything in our power to get promoted and get back to the premier league.

Thank you for your support.

Foxes never quit.

Yours faithfully,

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Us, Everton and Leeds all lose this weekend. 

We win vs West Ham, Leeds draw vs Spurs, Everton draw vs Bournemouth. We stay up on goal difference. 

Happy days :ph34r:

I reckon Leeds will beat West Ham on Sunday meaning we'll need to draw at least Monday or we'll be down.

27 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

When the inevitable does happen I want to hear from the board. 

Not some smarmy communications director spinning the fans a load of bollocks. Rudkin, Whelan, Top.

I know it's not the "done thing" at City, but these are extraordinary circumstances. Sit them down and ask some tough questions. Not some drone employed by the club's media department prompting meaningless platitudes - a proper journalist. Time accept responsibility and take accountability for the mess the club is in.

The fans deserve answers and the silence is absolutely deafening.

We’ll hear from top I expect 

17 minutes ago, lcfc278 said:

I reckon Leeds will beat West Ham on Sunday meaning we'll need to draw at least Monday or we'll be down.

I'm hoping West Ham will beat Leeds to ensure safety and play the kids against us to save players for their Euro final... clutching at straws though!