Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 minute ago, Nick said:

I'm hoping West Ham will beat Leeds to ensure safety and play the kids against us to save players for their Euro final... clutching at straws though!

West Ham’s first choice players are near the red zone after last night. They won’t want to play too many of them on Sunday (as per Brentford) 

with our game being ten days before their final the timing is perfect for the main guys to be rested on Sunday and play against us 

3 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

With relegation, there is at least some hope that there will be major overhaul changes and we get our Leicester from a few seasons ago back

The overhaul will be playing squad and coaching staff  (plus many backroom staff and general staff) 

the boardroom will not change 

3 hours ago, Swarles Barkley said:

There is more chance of us being in the premier league in just over a year’s time if we get relegated than if we stay up.

Apart from the sole fact of being in the premier league (and the money that comes with it), I see no positive from staying up. I am convinced if by some miracle we do, the board will just consider this a fluke year and nothing will change. It will be the same shit board, with the same shit players, with the same shit mentality minus our 3 “best” players.It would be an unmitigated disaster of a season.

With relegation, there is at least some hope that there will be major overhaul changes and we get our Leicester from a few seasons ago back

Disagree. Have you seen the timescales to the first game in the Championship? There is about 8 weeks to get everything in shape. i have no faith they even know where to start and who the outgoings are going to be. Was posted somewhere that even the likes of KDH believe they are off. We don't have a rebuild on our hands, we have a blood bath.

If we stayed up i dont think the board will look at is as a fluke year at all. Something was always up this season, and i think the strategy was to just get through this one but the drop off has caught everyone by surprise.  Stay up and i would put money on them doing anything they could to ensure this didn't happen again. Go down, i think they have no idea where to start.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Nick said:

I'm hoping West Ham will beat Leeds to ensure safety and play the kids against us to save players for their Euro final... clutching at straws though!

13 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

West Ham’s first choice players are near the red zone after last night. They won’t want to play too many of them on Sunday (as per Brentford) 

with our game being ten days before their final the timing is perfect for the main guys to be rested on Sunday and play against us 

Even with 10 days before their final, I suppose there's a chance West Ham will rest/bench/substitute 2-3 key players or might not give it 100% to avoid risk of injury.....

But it could be a very weak West Ham side against Leeds on Sunday - second-string and/or knackered.

Particularly as mathematically they're 99.9% safe. They're already guaranteed to finish above us and Saints - and Leeds could only overtake them on goal difference with 2 wins v. 2 defeats and an 11-goal GD turnaround.

Pretty strong odds of Leeds winning on Sunday. We might be relying on Leeds incompetence. The silver lining is that a Leeds win might end up sending Forest down......but we'll probably need to create our own miracle, I think. :mellow:

59 minutes ago, RoboFox said:

When the inevitable does happen I want to hear from the board. 

Not some smarmy communications director spinning the fans a load of bollocks. Rudkin, Whelan, Top.

I know it's not the "done thing" at City, but these are extraordinary circumstances. Sit them down and ask some tough questions. Not some drone employed by the club's media department prompting meaningless platitudes - a proper journalist. Time accept responsibility and take accountability for the mess the club is in.

The fans deserve answers and the silence is absolutely deafening.

...are we looking for Bourne to be doing it or Percy!!!

• Like 1

It is so bloody ironic that it is our midfielders taking us down now they were the ones took us to stardom before.

Not a single of them has played decent 2 games in a row this season.

They can all F**k off now.

• Like 1

This is the most weak minded , spinless bunch of cowards I've ever seen in Leicester shirts.

Born losers that don't give  a single fvck.

Apart from vardy (and Kel)  I want to slap each and everyone of them with a massive whole salmon.

I'd also suggest top needs to take a long hard look at what he has let happen at lcfc.

See you all in the championship, these bottlers will get smashed the last two games.

Pathetic ran club.

Edited by blueharmie
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...are we looking for Bourne to be doing it or Percy!!!

One of the mods as a FT representative asking questions posed by the user base. :ph34r:

Edited by RoboFox
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, blueharmie said:

This is the most weak minded , spinless bunch of cowards I've ever seen in Leicester shirts.

Born losers that don't give  a single fvck.

Apart from vardy (and Kel)  I want to slap each and everyone of them with a massive whole salmon.

I'd also suggest top needs to take a long hard look at what he has let happen at lcfc.

See you all in the championship, these bottlers will get smashed the last two games.

Pathetic ran club.

Summed up nicely and likely what alot of fans think.

Im sure its been written before here, and it's no consolation ,but I think this would have happened next season if we had managed to scrape to safety. It's inevitable due to chronic mismanagement. I don't think we will come back up in 23/24, there's too much to sort out. The positives are we have a great brand now and if sold, very desirable. I hope new owners, ideas and investment come in. What's the point of Top staying he doesn't have the interest and he's just looking at massive reinvestment to get us back up.

21 hours ago, st albans fox said:

West game could do with at least a point though. They aren’t going down, but Moyes won’t want anything hanging over them for the build up of this final, they will want some momentum too. I can see West Ham steam rolling Leeds actually, there is a feel good factor about them now, the pressure is off in a way, and Leeds are a bit like a dog with two dicks at the moment humping dry air…. I think West Ham will win comfortably, and then put the kids out against us as it really won’t matter. 

Just now, whoareyaaa said:

I think if we had kept Rodger’s till the end of the season we would probably be safe by now another balls up by the club leaving it to late 

How do you work that one out?

6 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think if we had kept Rodger’s till the end of the season we would probably be safe by now another balls up by the club leaving it to late 

We were never getting out of it with Rodgers. He was done.

We are done, all because he was allowed to stay too long.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

..we have lost twice against Southampton under Rodgers, he has never been able to arrest a slide whilst managing us, the only way  we curtailed any slides was to start a new season!!!

It was evident at the end of last season that we picked up cheap points against teams with nothing to play for, at the back end of the season, the only team that needed the points (Everton) got all three. Our final position was totally false, and we started the new season on the same level. 

16 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Just picked my son up from primary school. One of his best friends is a massive Everton fan and goes to away matches with her dad. I thought i would be kind and say 'Good luck tomorrow'.

She turned around and said 'We are going to win and get you relegated'.  Totally owned by a 10 year old. Thanks Leicester! 

Mate, we are just a joke. I’ve been away over the last few days and I was watching the Newcastle game with some Geordies. We got talking football and they asked who I support….. I just said “who’s had the most embarrassing decline in premier league history” their guesses were;

Portamouth 

Sunderland

Blackburn

Bolton 

And then Leicester…..

What company we are now keeping! 

• Like 1

If West Ham were to lose their last 2 - it would only take Leeds beating Spurs at home and Everton beating Wolves and Bournemouth for them to go down.

They will want to secure their final point at least before they relax and rest players.

PL survival is way more important to them than the Conference cup.

8 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

If West Ham were to lose their last 2 - it would only take Leeds beating Spurs at home and Everton beating Wolves and Bournemouth for them to go down.

They will want to secure their final point at least before they relax and rest players.

PL survival is way more important to them than the Conference cup.

Leeds would also have to make up a large GD deficit: West Ham currently -14 and Leeds -25

So the results would need to be something like:

- West Ham 0 Leeds 3

- Leeds 2 Spurs 0

- Leicester 3 West Ham 0

West Ham have already finished above Southampton and us.

Edited by Alf Bentley

For me one of the biggest reasons we are probably not going to survive this season is because so many of our players are just doing what they think is enough.

You look at players like Guimaraes, Burn, Tripper, Joelinton, Wilson and Almiron for Newcastle, Felipe and Danilo for Forest, Mina, Doucoure and Iwobi for Everton going the extra miles....pushing themselves physically to the limits.....

....can anyone name me one player (other than Vardy) who is leaving everything on the pitch?