Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

4 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

I think if we had kept Rodger’s till the end of the season we would probably be safe by now another balls up by the club leaving it to late 

safely relegated maybe, I genuinely don't think we'd have gotten another point under the fear dearg.

1 minute ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Wonder what your odds were pre season to get relegated, just did not see it ( and of course may not even happen). Terrible mismanagement by the club to be in this situation.  Never understood why you did not strengthen last season. 

...it would take too long to explain..!!!

• Like 3

19 minutes ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Wonder what your odds were pre season to get relegated, just did not see it ( and of course may not even happen). Terrible mismanagement by the club to be in this situation.  Never understood why you did not strengthen last season. 

14/1

I had a look the other day. 

2 hours ago, Stinky said:

We built our world class training facility to develop potential world class talent, now we'll be using it to house the likes of Sylvain Ebanks Blake and Jimmy Kebe

This should never have been prioritised above player recruitment and stadium expansion. We should rename its The Folly", and given our owners affinity with elephants, we should erect a statue of a big white one by the entrance. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

We have an incredibly poor, inexperienced, incompetent  owner. His board are equally inexperienced and in parts, incompetent in football terms. He expects his ceo to run his late fathers empire and has effectively left the club to just exist. We can talk about Rodgers, recruitment etc. but ultimately, like so many before us we’ve paid the price  for going from really good ownership (which is rare) to incompetent ownership. It will unfortunately keep happening to clubs of our size. We are likely to follow clubs like Bolton, Wigan, Sunderland, Blackburn and Stoke (I see a lot similarities with the last one) into mediocrity. The fella will either sell or cut costs to the absolute maximum going forward.

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

We have an incredibly poor, inexperienced, incompetent  owner. His board are equally inexperienced and in parts, incompetent in football terms. He expects his ceo to run his late fathers empire and has effectively left the club to just exist. We can talk about Rodgers, recruitment etc. but ultimately, like so many before us we’ve paid the price  for going from really good ownership (which is rare) to incompetent ownership. It will unfortunately keep happening to clubs of our size. We are likely to follow clubs like Bolton, Wigan, Sunderland, Blackburn and Stoke (I see a lot similarities with the last one) into mediocrity. The fella will either sell or cut costs to the absolute maximum going forward.

This is what it certainly feels and looks like. My guess he was hoping that it would exist in the premier league. But, this isn't a sustainable thing. 

I do fear it will be years before we're back. There is too much to do. Too much to change in a very short space of time. From so much promise to back where we started, or potentially worse. 

53 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

This is what it certainly feels and looks like. My guess he was hoping that it would exist in the premier league. But, this isn't a sustainable thing. 

I do fear it will be years before we're back. There is too much to do. Too much to change in a very short space of time. From so much promise to back where we started, or potentially worse. 

Be less stressful hopefully

1 minute ago, Expatfox said:

Just been sat in a pub in Mansfield with loads of happy Forest fans celebrating.....very difficult

To be honest, fair play.

The table doesn't lie.

The bigger question is why aren't they Mansfield Town fans? 

Edited by tom27111
  • Like 1

If I'm perfectly honest, as much as I'd like us to stay up (which we wont), I kind of want Leeds to win tomorrow, just so it's done (almost).

It's like the slowest, most painful death.

It's the hope that kills you.

I genuinely don't think this hurts as much as when we bottled top 4 for the second season running. Especially when Chelsea lost and all we needed to do was beat a shite Spurs side.

20 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

If I'm perfectly honest, as much as I'd like us to stay up (which we wont), I kind of want Leeds to win tomorrow, just so it's done (almost).

It's like the slowest, most painful death.

It's the hope that kills you.

I genuinely don't think this hurts as much as when we bottled top 4 for the second season running. Especially when Chelsea lost and all we needed to do was beat a shite Spurs side.

I’ve read this a few times from lots of different people on here and I really don’t get the attitude of I just wish it was all over.

For me, I look at it and think we just need 4 results to go in our favour and we’re safe.

Everton loss at home to Bournemouth- biggest long shot of them all, but they could bottle it!

Leeds failing to win away at West Ham and home to Spurs - even 2 draws is okay for us.

We beat West Ham or Newcastle.

It’s grim, but whilst there’s a chance we’ve got to keep fighting and backing the lads.

1 minute ago, Aus Fox said:

I’ve read this a few times from lots of different people on here and I really don’t get the attitude of I just wish it was all over.

For me, I look at it and think we just need 4 results to go in our favour and we’re safe.

Everton loss at home to Bournemouth- biggest long shot of them all, but they could bottle it!

Leeds failing to win away at West Ham and home to Spurs - even 2 draws is okay for us.

It’s grim, but whilst there’s a chance we’ve got to keep fighting and backing the lads.

Mate, I get that, and I'm praying for it to happen, but it won't.

If you had a dog and it was in constant pain, you'd have it put down.

Just put me out of my misery.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

I'll actually elaborate...

At 16:30 today, everything gave me optimism of staying up.

At that point, Everton were losing and Newcastle were guaranteed top 4.

Therefore, the geordies wouldn't care and we'd have the upper hand on Everton.

Plus, West Ham would play the kids with they're Europa final coming up.

Everton and Liverpool equalising has fvcked us right over.

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Mate, I get that, and I'm praying for it to happen, but it won't.

If you had a dog and it was in constant pain, you'd have it put down.

Just put me out of my misery.

Trust me, everything is going to be okay!