Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Everton, Forest and Leeds all knew they were in a relegation dogfight from weeks ago and played as such... Our squad, did not believe they were, and played as such.

The table doesnt lie

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

Everton, Forest and Leeds all knew they were in a relegation dogfight from weeks ago and played as such... Our squad, did not believe they were, and played as such.

The table doesnt lie

Didn't know or didn't care?

5 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

It’s grim, but whilst there’s a chance we’ve got to keep fighting and backing the lads.

You'd think, wouldn't you? That that's kind of what being a supporter actually is?

But no. Not on here at least.

Foxes never quit (until it all gets a bit difficult).

• Like 1

The fact there's been constant noise from media and inside the club that we're too good to go down, probably has leaked onto the pitch.

Forest for example were written off all year, and as such every player was playing to prove they were good enough to play in the league.

None of ours players have had that, agents looking for moves away, and you can tell none of them care. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Phil Bowman said:

You'd think, wouldn't you? That that's kind of what being a supporter actually is?

Theres a chance and then theres being delusional.

We've been sleepwalking into this for months and the realistic fans who see the games already know our fate....

• Like 2

Do you actually think the team are fighting to stay up?

Anybody would think some of these players and board members want the club to go down.

Edited by phoneticerror
  • Like 2

Phil, I am willing us to get something out of tomorrow night... andvto beat west ham.  I am hoping everton and leeds dont win any more points.  Yet I am so cross that it has come to this... no dign of contrition from the club.  This season has been a slow motion car crash and the club has done nothing.... so here we are.  I am so disappointed.

If we do wiggle free then I am desperate that lessons are learned.   If we dont avoid the drop, then we need to sort out the decision making at the club pdq because we should never have got to this mess

2 minutes ago, Raj said:

Theres a chance and then theres being delusional.

We've been sleepwalking into this for months and the realistic fans who see the games already know our fate....

You seem to have misunderstood the point I was making. Never mind.

Assuming we were actually capable of winning some games, mathematically we’re not in a terrible place providing Leeds lose or draw today. 

Everton can finish on 36

Leeds can finish on 34-35 (assuming lose or draw today) 

that means it’s in our hands with the goal difference and we just have a play off semi final against Newcastle and a play off final against West Ham. 

if Leeds win today, we have to win both and Tottenham hold Leeds to a draw or defeat. 

it’s actually really doable! Argyhhh hope! 

shame we’re doggo and will get thrashed by Newcastle tomorrow. 

• Haha 2

This one is hurting more than any of the others.  Anger mixed with sadness. Even League One relegation didn’t have me this sad/disappointed/angry.

**** Top the Thai Mike Ashley tribute act. **** Rudkin. **** the players. **** Rodgers. 

• Like 1

Been thinking hard and cannot remember a team finishing in the top half five years in a row then heading to relegation. Possibly Blackburn in the 90s? Leeds had one season of struggle after consistent good years before going.

This is an incredible fall.

Fair play to Forest who have scrapped (unlike us) and Everton yesterday who found a goal late on (something we are devoid at). 

I accepted relegation weeks ago. We deserve it for the lack of effort. A few weeks ago our goal difference was one of few positives, but if we’re not careful that could he completely eroded tomorrow as it’s now not that much better than Everton and Leeds. But whatever happens tomorrow how mad is it that it will go down to the final day? That this group has a chance of saving their skins maybe says something about how poor the lower part of the league is.

I think now a large part of me is sort of looking forward to it - and we need it don’t we? It’s the only possible way we can get enough of these clowns out the door, and I don’t just mean players.

7 hours ago, tom27111 said:

I'd love to mate, but it really isn't. 

And I was chatting with @Izzy yesterday.

I'm sure he wont mind me saying...we've had some incredible times, but we shouldn't have this defeatist attitude of "ah well, it was good while it lasted"

It's soul destroying what's happening right now. It actually hurts. 

The players/management have been so casual about everything. The owner has been exactly the same.

All of us will always be here. Players, managers, owners all come and go.

Supporters don't.

I've really fallen out of love with this club, but it hurts me more than it hurts them.

It needs reforming from top to bottom and I genuinely fear for our future.

This is a big part of it. There's no big club mentality. Evertonians refuse to accept relegation and demand better.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

22 minutes ago, Corky said:

Been thinking hard and cannot remember a team finishing in the top half five years in a row then heading to relegation. Possibly Blackburn in the 90s? Leeds had one season of struggle after consistent good years before going.

This is an incredible fall.

Spot on. Lots of excuses will be made, but where has the professional pride of the players been this season.

The majority have phoned it in, checked out - call it what you like - ages ago.

Not fit to wear the shirt. Fcuk em!

1 hour ago, Benguin said:

Assuming we were actually capable of winning some games, mathematically we’re not in a terrible place providing Leeds lose or draw today. 

Everton can finish on 36

Leeds can finish on 34-35 (assuming lose or draw today) 

that means it’s in our hands with the goal difference and we just have a play off semi final against Newcastle and a play off final against West Ham. 

if Leeds win today, we have to win both and Tottenham hold Leeds to a draw or defeat. 

it’s actually really doable! Argyhhh hope! 

shame we’re doggo and will get thrashed by Newcastle tomorrow. 

We will be in a terrible place by 10pm Monday night.

8 minutes ago, String fellow said:

If I'm not mistaken, with 5 matches left (1 Everton, 2 Leeds, 2 Leicester) and 3 possible outcomes to each game, there are still 3^5 = 243 different combinations of results that could occur during the next week. 

Lord only knows statistics isn't my strong point, but I make it 108?

We have 6 possible combinations of results, as do Leeds, so 6x6 = 36, and Everton have three possible outcomes, so 36x3 = 108.

But I am basically innumerate, so...