Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

3 hours ago, The gary said:

Although we all think we are going to survive we won’t . Having to play twice on the trot on a Monday doesn’t seem fair and puts us at a genuine disadvantage. I don’t think it helps the majority of the fans near me on every bodies back as soon as things go wrong . Look at Forest scraped to safety but the fans have only ever backed the team regardless of what they think .

the championship is a good division and if we sort a decent manager , a spring board to a winning season .

I don't necessarily think playing last gives a disadvantage. On the day we played Fulham I really feel like us losing gave Everton and Forest the energy and belief to win that day. Seeing Everton and Leeds fail to win may do the same for us. Remember Leeds got a point against Newcastle so anything can still happen!! 

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

In our own hands. 2 wins from 2 and we stay up :scarf:

Weve only won 8 all season :(

Brighton are the only team in the top 6 who haven't done the double over us this season - assuming Newcastle finish off the job tomorrow! 

2 minutes ago, shailen said:

I don't necessarily think playing last gives a disadvantage. On the day we played Fulham I really feel like us losing gave Everton and Forest the energy and belief to win that day. Seeing Everton and Leeds fail to win may do the same for us. Remember Leeds got a point against Newcastle so anything can still happen!! 

...and Leeds missed a penalty against them too of course! 

• Like 2

Poor Leeds, took them 16 years to get back to the premier league , got promoted when covid first came along so they could not witness it live , first season in the PL was behind closed doors and they missed a brilliantly entertaining team, and then 2 seasons of rubbish where they could see it live. 

Puts our own woes into perspective a little. 

Bournemouth beat Everton 3-0 in their first league game by playing counter attack. Imagine it would be much of the same. Everton could lose. Leeds could lose. We could beat a weakened West Ham who will have one eye on the European final. We have superior GD. I’m just happy / surprised it’s going done to the last day. Even a draw for us tomo would be huge. I’d take 0-0 now. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, melvinmmelvin said:

Among all this rancour :) is there anyone who, like me, thinks in their heart of hearts that Newcastle are going to do us, but still looks forward to the game?

You want the Foxestalk masochists to out themselves?

It's incredibly frustrating, if we win the last 2 games, we stay up. No ifs, buts or maybes. We've beaten far bigger odds than this, yet it appears everyone, including the players, have given up.

We've got attacking players that could hurt any team Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Iheanacho. Far better than the shite Everton, Leeds and half the Premier League have got going forward. All we've got to do is defend for our lives and want it more. Unfortunately, I don't believe our players want it enough.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, whetstonefox said:

Poor Leeds, took them 16 years to get back to the premier league , got promoted when covid first came along so they could not witness it live , first season in the PL was behind closed doors and they missed a brilliantly entertaining team, and then 2 seasons of rubbish where they could see it live. 

Puts our own woes into perspective a little. 

I often wonder though what it must have been like for the players during the Covid season(s) to play behind closed doors in empty stadia - probably had a very significant bearing on everything on the pitch I'd imagine. A lot called at the time called it glorified 90 minute training sessions on the TV! 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

After yet another lifeline has been thrown to us by Leeds, the majority of our players now have to weigh up two options.

1. Redeem themselves and this season for the club.

2. Keep themselves fit for their next big contract at another top European club.

Number 1 directly conflicts with number 2.

I'll let you all decided which option a bunch of sheltered millionaires are likely to prioritise.

Your profile picture is perfect for you

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

You want the Foxestalk masochists to out themselves?

Not really - I think it's just desire to know the result.

Yes, watching Foxes over the past decade or so has been a proper 'rollah-coastah', but I'd rather do that than play safe and follow Man City...

9 minutes ago, Miella27 said:

It's incredibly frustrating, if we win the last 2 games, we stay up. No ifs, buts or maybes. We've beaten far bigger odds than this, yet it appears everyone, including the players, have given up.

We've got attacking players that could hurt any team Maddison, Tielemans, Barnes, Iheanacho. Far better than the shite Everton, Leeds and half the Premier League have got going forward. All we've got to do is defend for our lives and want it more. Unfortunately, I don't believe our players want it enough.

What you fail to mention or realise is that we also have a defense that can hurt us too... Also a midfield that is absolutely dog sh*t... 

If Smith plays Soumare, Maddison, The Pie Lover and Ndidi together again tomorrow we deserve (and will be) royally rogered!! 

3 hours ago, Benguin said:

Leeds beat West Ham and Tottenham 

everton beat bournemouth

we go down regardless

leeds beat West Ham and tottenham

everton lose to Bournemouth 

we go down regardless

leeds beat one of West Ham or tottenham and draw or lose the other 

everton beat Bournemouth 

we need to win both games to stay up.

Leeds beat one of West Ham or Tottenham and draw the other 

Everton lose or draw to Bournemouth 

We need to win both games to stay up

leeds draw both

everton beat Bournemouth 

we need to win both games to stay up

leeds draw both 

Everton draw 

we need to win one and draw one of our games to stay up

leeds draw both

Everton lose

we need a win to stay up and the loss must be by no more than c. 7 goals

leeds draw one and lose the other 

Everton win 

we need to win both games 

Leeds draw one and lose the other 

Everton draw

we need to win one and draw one

Leeds draw one and lose the other 

Everton lose

we need to win one game

leeds lose both

evertin win

we need to win both

leeds lose both

everton draw

we need a win and a draw

Leeds lose both

everton lose

a win will keep us up

Basically As long as Leeds draw or lose one of their games, we are in it and have two huge cup finals…….. 

We will definitely lose on Monday imo so very limited chance of survival 

I, for one, would like this updated :) - Dave  

7 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

The fact there's been constant noise from media and inside the club that we're too good to go down, probably has leaked onto the pitch.

Forest for example were written off all year, and as such every player was playing to prove they were good enough to play in the league.

None of ours players have had that, agents looking for moves away, and you can tell none of them care. 

I really hope given there's this attitude about our team, there is proportionate blasting of them when it's confirmed.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

We all know our brave lads in blue turn up when it counts. When we need a win, history over the last 3 seasons has shown that the foxes know how to go out there and get it done.

This lot have bottled it every time in the past 3 years when it mattered lol 

We’re now in the play offs! Think of it that way.

semi final tomorrow

final next week. 

Mathematically we don’t need two wins but two wins definitely keeps us up. 

it’s possible so I’m afraid until next week we have to cope with this slim hope! 

10 minutes ago, weller54 said:

What you fail to mention or realise is that we also have a defense that can hurt us too... Also a midfield that is absolutely dog sh*t... 

If Smith plays Soumare, Maddison, The Pie Lover and Ndidi together again tomorrow we deserve (and will be) royally rogered!! 

Of course I realise it and i have addressed it. Deficiencies in defence can often (Not always) be overcome with hardwork, desire and organisation. Breaking teams down and creating chances is more difficult, we have the resources at our disposal to do that.

There's no reason we cannot win tomorrow. Newcastle are no better than Arsenal or Liverpool, and teams with weaker players than ours have ground out results against them. We've just got to want it enough. 

Nice of you to address the player who pinged a 25 yarder in the top corner of the FA Cup Final as a Pie Lover. You know, its not like you waited 69 years for that moment, is it? 🙄

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Miella27 said:

Of course I realise it and i have addressed it. Deficiencies in defence can often (Not always) be overcome with hardwork, desire and organisation. Breaking teams down and creating chances is more difficult, we have the resources at our disposal to do that.

There's no reason we cannot win tomorrow. Newcastle are no better than Arsenal or Liverpool, and teams with weaker players than ours have ground out results against them. We've just got to want it enough. 

Nice of you to address the player who pinged a 25 yarder in the top corner of the FA Cup Final as a Pie Lover. You know, its not like you waited 69 years for that moment, is it? 🙄

Between then and now the loss of athleticism in Youri has been unbelievable.