Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 minute ago, CheeseHead said:

So its in our hands, win both games and we're safe. The beauty of it! Brendan would be pleased.

Testament to his sterling work this season that it's still ours to lose, especially with the squad we've got. What an achievement. 

• Like 1

If it happens it will be the twelfth time from the top flight , a record . It makes you wonder what we keep getting wrong. A city like Leicester , with only one club , should be more consistent. I have no doubt we will soon be back but we have to stop doing this . Mid table teams like Palace often get criticised for lack of ambition but playing consistently in the top level is an achievement in itself.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

If it happens it will be the twelfth time from the top flight , a record . It makes you wonder what we keep getting wrong. A city like Leicester , with only one club , should be more consistent. I have no doubt we will soon be back but we have to stop doing this . Mid table teams like Palace often get criticised for lack of ambition but playing consistently in the top level is an achievement in itself.

Is that correct? Wikipedia seems to suggest otherwise - https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yo-yo_club 

Birmingham City have been promoted to and relegated from the top division more times than any other English club, with 12 promotions and 12 relegations

Either way, we're up there. But I'm not sure it's an indication of us doing some 'wrong'? Surely it's more an indication that we've spent our entire history (barring one season!) in the top 2 divisions and we somewhat regularly get promoted (a good thing). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

We just seem to have extreme peaks and troughs. Burn bright and crash down but with a trophy haul better than most to show for it.

Your example of Palace, I know you make your luck etc but it seem more luck than judgement that they have stayed up so long. Humans can still only live for so long and medicine has not made us live forever yet so basically, one day Woy will not be around and they will be done for!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Doing alright the the size of the city in fairness, look at Leeds, Bradford, Portsmouth, Southampton or Bristol(know they have 2 teams but they're always both really bad)

17 hours ago, Ricey said:

Leeds result today just makes me more annoyed about Everton’s late point yesterday. 

It was the Maddison penalty miss against Everton that could be the difference, but I doubt it as I doubt we will pick up more than 1 point from the remaining 2 games. I'm expecting nil point.

35 minutes ago, foxes4life said:

Doing alright the the size of the city in fairness, look at Leeds, Bradford, Portsmouth, Southampton or Bristol(know they have 2 teams but they're always both really bad)

That is true but we have a tendency to boom and bust. We have had a very good few years but it would have been better to have drifted into mid table for a while rather than losing our status as a PL club. The expectations have been too high and that's what makes the current disappointment hard to take for some people. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

We just seem to have extreme peaks and troughs. Burn bright and crash down but with a trophy haul better than most to show for it.

Your example of Palace, I know you make your luck etc but it seem more luck than judgement that they have stayed up so long. Humans can still only live for so long and medicine has not made us live forever yet so basically, one day Woy will not be around and they will be done for!!

Our most consistent period in top flight was 1957 to 69 and 71 to 78  so 19 out of 21 in top division. Also 10 years from 1925 to 35. Shame it seems we could not match that spell.

2 minutes ago, filthyfox said:

The writing is now on the wall.

I can't see Everton losing and us winning.

Thanks for keeping Rodgers too long Top- I wanted him gone in November.

Agree.. Everton will be clear by half time and gray will score 

Tonight’s point (and clean sheet) gives the players some belief 

Without that point I wouldn’t have given them much hope of beating West Ham 

we still have a pulse - I expected us to be in icu on life support by now with the last rites being said and the machine switched off ….

it’s up to Everton - tbh, they had to win anyway in case Leeds smash spurs - now they’re checking two results and if both of us are winning then it puts huge pressure on them 

still expect to be relegated and it could be done and dusted by half time but at least they showed some grit tonight - enough to sneak a loint

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2

We just have to beat West Ham, a team notorious for having our number almost every time we play them, and hope Everton are so shit they can't beat a Bournemouth side who couldn't care less in front of their fans going mental at Goodison Park. What could go wrong?