Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

5 minutes ago, Nalis said:

So the Leeds match is effectively irrelevant for us in terms of 17th. 

Yep, in the world of reality, if we contrive to finish below Leeds, we'll also have finished below Everton.

Although, in the world of mathematical absurdities, if we beat West Ham, Everton fail to beat Bournemouth and Leeds beat Spurs 11-0, then the Leeds match becomes relevant for us as we'd finish above Everton but below Leeds..... :ph34r:

19 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Wouldn't be surprising at all, we did the same thing twice when trying to get top four.

That Spurs result still gives me bad memories.

As long as we win on Sunday I can be satisfied. If Everton drop points and we don't win then it will be gutting 

• Like 2

In my mind we have no pressure going into the final game as I have already accepted the Championship. So I go into the game thinking if we manage to take an early lead and really turn the screw on Everton they could crumble. They aren't prolific goalscorers.

However, we all know if Everton were to get a last minute winner we can all guess who the scorer would be. 

If Everton win we go down

If Everton Draw or lose and we win, we stay up.

if we draw or lose we go down. 

I think there is a 40% chance Everton will draw or lose.

I think there is a 50% chance we will win.

Therefore I think there is a 20% chance we will stay up. 

Know it wont happen but how hilarious would it be if Everton heard Leeds were winning but we were losing and played out a draw towards the end only for us to score two late goals to win and stay up?

Not only for us but for the footballing world in general.

Edited by Nalis
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Benguin said:

If Everton win we go down

If Everton Draw or lose and we win, we stay up.

if we draw or lose we go down. 

I think there is a 40% chance Everton will draw or lose.

I think there is a 50% chance we will win.

Therefore I think there is a 20% chance we will stay up. 

Sounds about right. I think there are 27 possible combinations of outcomes from the three games (us, Everton & Leeds); 19 of them see Everton stay up, 6 see us stay up, and 2 see Leeds stay up. So if everything was decided by rolling dice or tossing coins (which tbf at this point of the season it pretty much is), then the chances of staying up are very roughly Everton 70%, us a bit over 20% and Leeds less than 10%

22 minutes ago, Nalis said:

Know it wont happen but how hilarious would it be if Everton heard Leeds were winning but we were losing and played out a draw towards the end only for us to score two late goals to win and stay up?

Not only for us but for the footballing world in general.

Stranger things have happened. It would be funny. Most neutrals I know want Everton to go.

Still seen absolutely no reason to think we'll beat West Ham. When people are calling last nights performance good, it shows just how far our standards have quickly dropped as a club and fanbase.

• Like 1

Just now, filbertway said:

Still seen absolutely no reason to think we'll beat West Ham. When people are calling last nights performance good, it shows just how far our standards have quickly dropped as a club and fanbase.

It’ll be the same again against West Ham whilst we park our bus all the way to the Championship with fans saying ‘What did you expect if we attacked them we’d lose’. 

1 minute ago, Dames said:

It’ll be the same again against West Ham whilst we park our bus all the way to the Championship with fans saying ‘What did you expect if we attacked them we’d lose’. 

Got massive Stoke Away 07/08 vibes last night.

What's Harry Worley up to these days?

Still think we are down but some of the hope had come back, damn it! 

I hope it means the fans will be up for it rather than the usual wet fart apathy, and create a good atmosphere, so we go down with some fight 

If Everton score a couple early on then it will be inevitably a damp squib but the longer we are in it, the more chance we have of something miraculous 

• Like 1