Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

6 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

We need a result soon but we need Rodgers out more. Tough balancing act. I'd take a heavy loss tomorrow if it meant the trigger was pulled.

I wonder what performance/result would get Rodgers sacked?

Any win or draw would see him staying.

A narrow loss and good performance would too.

I reckon a loss by 3 or more will see him gone.

2 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Owners tend to pull the trigger easier following a battering.  I would accept one if it got him out.

3 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Indeed, like our last managerial casualty Puel was shown the door after the heavy 1-4 at home v Palace of course....

18 hours ago, Chrysalis said:

We havent been making a profit for the last 5 years.

That's not what the company accounts say. More pertinently, and key to the current discussion, we're not reliant on King Power for ongoing funding requirements (although we do owe them c.£40m of our £200m debt). Future funding is secured via an increased loan facility with Macquarie Bank over the next four years. There remains substantial shareholder equity in the company. Even with the last two years COVID losses assets still exceed liabilities by more than £40m. 

This week's results have highlighted the danger for us in being complacent.  The teams in the lower half of the league are all bunched pretty closely in terms of quality, and that will likely reflect in the bottom of the table all season long.

THe parallels with Taylor are worrying

- early success based on predecessors signings

- media darling ( PT was suggested as future England manager)

-gave out unjustifiable and unaffordable contracts to aging players

-couldn’t keep players fit 

All we need is to land some useless lummox in this window Jr Lewis style and  its on 

• Like 1

I do think we will get relegated this season. The squad has all the signs a symptoms of a side set to struggle. There just isn’t enough quality in the side and the manager is all but set to be sacked at some point.

We genuinely don’t look capable of winning a football match.

15 hours ago, daddylonglegs said:

If you're turned by one result then Brendan has you right where he wants you!

That's not my point. What I mean is that sport is also mental, and for sure now players and staff are not confident on their own work.

Start winning can turn things into a better way.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Stadt said:

It buys Rodgers more time which is probably dangerous.

We have a first XI with more tan enough quality to be nowhere near the discussion - under a new manager. If nothing changes we're f ucked.

Problema is not Rogers. Or at least I do not know if changing coach would improve the team.

Problem is to receive 90 milions in Fofana Trade.....and no investements have been done.

• Haha 1

My concern is that if we have a poor deadline day and need to rely on the current squad then we are in serious trouble.

There is no fight or spirit in the current set up, no leadership on the pitch and little off it. 
The weak mental strength of the squad and the inability to keep a clean sheet is only going to take us one way. 

Guest Col city fan
9 hours ago, Tielemans63 said:

Whatever happens, and I'm not being dramatic here, tomorrow is a ****ing massive day for our football club. I genuinely believe that it will have huge repercussions either way.

I think it’s the next two games mate. Lose to Utd and to Brighton, I think Rodgers will be sacked and it would leave us absolutely rooted to the bottom of the Premiership.

I don’t think the owners will sack Rodgers if we lose tonight.

Just now, Tuna said:

With Rodgers in charge it's a foregone conclusion, relegated, won't win a game all season with him in charge and I don't feel like I'm exaggerating.

I feel the same. Cant see a single team that we could beat with him in charge. Bournemouth at a push maybe. We are absolutely shite, it's shocking. I'm 100% convinced we will finish bottom if Rodgers stays.