Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

18 minutes ago, Lcfc82 said:
48 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Comfortable Everton win IMO. 

I can’t see any other outcome in that one

Well, it could be a narrow Everton win.

Or a narrow Bournemouth win.

Or a comfortable Bournemouth win.

Or a draw.

• Haha 2

If we win Leeds can't catch us, so it'll be down to Everton being able to beat Bournemouth. If we score early they'll no doubt know in the stadium and pressure could hopefully make them frantic and they lose composure!! 

13 minutes ago, indierich06 said:

They've had about three wins since the turn of the year and have shipped 10 goals in their last three home games. 

Everton are just as terrible as we are. Every chance they fail to beat Bournemouth especially if DCL is out injured as usual. The problem is that I don't see us getting the result we need. If West Ham decide to put even the minimum amount of effort into getting a win, combined with the inherent pressure and bottling nature of our cowardly squad we will blow it.

3 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Shame in one respect if we do stay up as absolutely nothing will change at the club. Their distain for the supporters will continue.

This is my thoughts exactly mate. However, I think the club is that rotten to the core in its senior roles that the only blame will be passed on to those who have little or no influence. Signs of that already with the preseason tour to Asia lined up despite the fact we’ll likely be a Championship club and returning 4-5 days before the start of the season, for what, to show face to the Asian market?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Shame in one respect if we do stay up as absolutely nothing will change at the club. Their distain for the supporters will continue.

I mean, do you really think that'll change when we go down? unless we're down for several seasons and haemorrhage support back to a 23-24k regular attendance I don't see it

8 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

That’s a good point. Supporters appear to be an inconvenience for them and this members scheme generates some absolutely crap behaviours from the club. On a side note have there been any murmurings regarding the recent Singing  Section questionnaire.

5 minutes ago, The Bear said:

How will Smith set you up against West Ham? Surely he has to play Barnes and Maddison from the start and go for it a bit more than last night! 

He will, last night was needs must and I would have gladly taken a point pre match. 

It's out of our hands but that concept is overrated by football fans it's all about implied percentages and our chances went from 14% pre match to 19% post match. Still not great but we're more likely to stay up now than we were this time yesterday.

Leeds are now out of the equation as far as we're concerned and the pressure is now on Everton to win. I actually wouldn't be surprised if all three teams down there failed to win but if we do our part then Everton still have to win which is something they've only done once in the last ten games and once in the last six home games.

1 minute ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

That’s a good point. Supporters appear to be an inconvenience for them and this members scheme generates some absolutely crap behaviours from the club. On a side note have there been any murmurings regarding the recent Singing  Section questionnaire.

The club met with with two members of UFS last Friday evening. With tickets on sale this Friday one would assume the club would be telling the wider support the findings etc.

• Thanks 1

Sure all the mathematicians knew this anyway.

But I have come to the conclusion, that if everything goes as most of us expect and Everton win.

I say that its that close that "ONE KICK" will cost us the season, Maddison's penalty miss because, we would have won that game.

Therefore as our GD is better, we would only have needed a draw Sunday, which even we could have managed, could have played the same team as yesterday & neither team would get out of their half as Wet Spam won't be bothered with a trip to Prague on the cards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

But I have come to the conclusion, that if everything goes as most of us expect and Everton win.

I say that its that close that "ONE KICK" will cost us the season, Maddison's penalty miss because, we would have won that game.

Therefore as our GD is better, we would only have needed a draw Sunday, which even we could have managed, could have played the same team as yesterday & neither team would get out of their half as Wet Spam won't be bothered with a trip to Prague on the cards.

nope, add 2 points to us, 1 point to Everton, we'd be on 33, them on 32, we'd need to match their result. much as I'd rather have the leeway of not relying on Everton dropping points, we'd have still needed a win Sunday to guarantee either way

15 minutes ago, Gerard said:

He will, last night was needs must and I would have gladly taken a point pre match. 

It's out of our hands but that concept is overrated by football fans it's all about implied percentages and our chances went from 14% pre match to 19% post match. Still not great but we're more likely to stay up now than we were this time yesterday.

Leeds are now out of the equation as far as we're concerned and the pressure is now on Everton to win. I actually wouldn't be surprised if all three teams down there failed to win but if we do our part then Everton still have to win which is something they've only done once in the last ten games and once in the last six home games.

What would the implied percentage be if we’d won? This time yesterday, we had a game in hand.

I've seen a lot of people take the piss out of our tactics yesterday, but we've made sure Everton have to win on the final day to ensure safety. If we'd lost yesterday they'd have only needed a draw realistically. 

No game is easy to win in the PL, especially with pressure on it given what's at stake. We need to do our bit but if we score before them, panic will set in and anything could happen!! 

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

To be honest I think it’s better that we are chasing, rather than the one being chased, all the pressure is on Everton they won’t cope, we win they draw we are staying up!

One positive thing about the situation is that the equation is very simple for us, we don't have to look at the other results, we just need to win and any win will do.

Leeds don't know if any win is good enough for them and may have to go for it at 1-0 up on 80mins looking for a 3-0. Everton don't know if a 0-0 keeps them up if Leicester aren't winning and Leeds are 2-0 up going into the 90th minute.

For us it is simple, just win and what will be will be. It's also Everton's to lose at this point so the pressure is on them and not us.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, The boy Linacre said:

I thought the way Madders went about that penalty was poor, and I've criticised him heavily for it, but we don't know how that game pans out if we scored that penalty. Everton were throwing the kitchen sink at us and Iversen played the game of his life. I wouldn't have put it past us to have ended up drawing 3-3. Going into the 2nd half 3-1, Everton chuck everything at that and sticking with 4 at the back, that is Leicester at their very worst! 

We are where we are for other reasons. The biggest factor is not being able to see draws out (something we actually did against Everton) and hold on to leads. 

Edited by Chelmofox

Letting Southampton do the double over us will cost us far more than last night’s performance assuming we go down. Honestly, we haven’t been putting out those defensive tactics we saw last night enough this season if anything.

Edited by Sampson
  • Like 4