Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

46 minutes ago, The Doctor said:

I mean, do you really think that'll change when we go down? unless we're down for several seasons and haemorrhage support back to a 23-24k regular attendance I don't see it

They will have to work bloody hard regardless of league position to get decent attendances on midweek nights. 

There are a lot of wages in middle management of 'the club' who have their own motives (and equally either little or poor experience within football clubs) that will have to be trimmed. 

Can they keep up the stewarding bills that the 'new' (well he's been here a while now) H&S bloke insists on? His liking for Showsec would be explored in a public role given the blank cheque they've had this season (and particularly on Sunday). 

Edited by CosbehFox

Keep going back to Tielemans 'goal' vs Leeds and the penalty being given against Everton. In both of those moments I thought that would be the decisive turning point, but they were both snatched away soon after. Not that we deserve to stay up.

1 minute ago, CosbehFox said:

They will have to work bloody hard regardless of league position to get decent attendances on midweek nights. 

There are a lot of wages in middle management of 'the club' who have their own motives (and equally either little or poor experience within football clubs) that will have to be trimmed. 

Can they keep up the stewarding bills that the 'new' (well he's been here a while now) H&S bloke insists on? His liking for Showsec would be explored in a public role given the blank cheque they've had this season (and particularly on Sunday). 

well yea, but let's be honest the club aren't gonna suddenly heel-turn on making the away turnstiles into a game of Papers, Please or drop the obsession with sitting down 

55 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Shame in one respect if we do stay up as absolutely nothing will change at the club. Their distain for the supporters will continue.

If we go down, do you think there will be sweeping changes? You'd like to think there will be big changes regardless of what happens, but who knows?

This whole season is so odd, even Vardy saying the season has been strange and there are things he can't talk about... 

IMO the entire operation feels like it's missing a leader, with people just going through the motions doing what they think is right, but not really knowing. Without Vichai it seems like we have no direction. 

Just now, The Doctor said:

well yea, but let's be honest the club aren't gonna suddenly heel-turn on making the away turnstiles into a game of Papers, Please or drop the obsession with sitting down 

Be a slow eeking out of it, agreed. But there's a shock coming for the Yacht Club boys working at the club. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, bovril said:

Not that we deserve to stay up.

Neither do Leeds or Everton , if Everton can't beat a safe and pretty ordinary Bournemouth at home , they absolutely deserve to go down. West Ham have been disappointing as have Spurs but are still better than Bournemouth are. They have the easiest match. If I was an Everton fan , I would be devastated if they don't get this job done.

Edited by An Sionnach

I’m going to do it to myself one more time. But I genuinely think we will end up staying up. Somehow, don’t know how, but we will…

And if we do, will it be the lowest points tally ever to survive on?

Edited by Pliskin

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I’m going to do it to myself one more time. But I genuinely think we will end up staying up. Somehow, don’t know how, but we will…

We'd equal West Brom's record of staying up with 34 points in 2004/05.

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:
13 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Expand  

We'd equal West Brom's record of staying up with 34 points in 2004/05.

Although there have been several seasons when less than 34 would have been enough, including at least one season when all three relegated teams got less than 30 points!

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

If/when it's confirmed I doubt there will be any changes of note at the club. They'll just bank on "we've been a PL club for 9 years I'm sure we'll bounce back with little to no plan in place". 

This, unfortunately I think is true

41 minutes ago, Mee-9 said:

A 14% chance. 

It's a bloody slim one. 

Who even calculates these odds? Quite simply we have to win and Everton can't.

Everton are in pole position but with both teams struggling to get wins all season, you cannot call it so easily. We've won one more game for Everton as shocking as we've been this season. I'd say based on that alone we're more likely but pressure can do funny things in football. 

I think Everton will draw with Bournemouth and we'll lose at home to West Ham after being too cautious all match.

We have to take risks in this next match. 

51 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Really? I didn’t even realise anything less that 36 had kept a team up. 

It's been quite a while since 40 points was needed. Even the last decade I'd say 35+ is probably what you need now. 

Our title season Sunderland stayed up on 39 and Newcastle went down on 37 but Villa were whipping boys and lost 27 games, handing out wins to every man and his dog. The gap between 17th and 9th was only 12 points.

It actually makes our win all the more impressive, really. 

Whichever league  we are in the squad needs a massive overhaul.  

The benefit of the Championship is that we’d play more of our youth prospects / players with potential to improve.  Justin, Kristianson, Thomas, KDH, Iverson also.   I can just about count Daka as young.  It’ll also force the clear out.

would still rather stay up, but if we do go down, hopefully it’ll mean the last we see of most of the dross.  Hopefully Vestegard takes a massive wage cut and finally  leaves

2 minutes ago, CountesthorpeFox1 said:

Bookies have Everton as a shoe in to win!

They have Everton at 4/9 & Bournemouth at 13/2. That’s crazy considering how bad Everton are. I mean I think they’ll win but that’s pretty good odds as you can’t rule Bournemouth out, they’re a better team! 

Especially as Bournemouth are actually the better side, it's just whether they turn up.