Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Just now, Number 6 said:

Not sure how Moyes Everton link will play a part at all either, he'll want to do whatever is best for West Ham.

Pretty much.

West Ham can jump up two places, with a win, as well as carry it into their European final. That will be his first priority, not Everton.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Stinky said:

How can I put this respectfully....who cares

We need to win, we need Everton not to win. Both are improbable but certainly not impossible

The person to whom I was responding. 

but yes let’s pause all discussion and exit the forum, because we all know that. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Well I'm a big fat glutton for punishment. I've "known" were down since Everton but now have more optimism than possibly ever that we will do it now. 

****ing moron ain't I. 

I've thought we were down for longer, but for the following reasons I feel the same:

• The fact we STILL have a chance at the last game of the season,
  • The law of averages means we are surely due a win after everyone else has had their out of the blue wins,
  • After overstaying their welcome in the Premier League, Everton are due to be relegated.

That's what I'm holding on to anyway... :sweating:

• Like 1

Given we need two results, ours and Everton’s, I just have a feeling one will fall in our favour and one won’t. I don’t know which way but it just feels like either we will both win so our win means nothing or we slip up but so do Everton, like with Chelsea two years ago!

35 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Well I'm a big fat glutton for punishment. I've "known" were down since Everton but now have more optimism than possibly ever that we will do it now. 

****ing moron ain't I. 

Yes. But I'm in the same boat. I've been pretty convinced we've been relegated for a long time. But every game week there is still the faintest flicker of hope. And it is burning brighter than it has been for weeks now. Football can be unbelievable cruel sometimes.

• Like 1

Just now, The Bear said:

Imagine how pissed off you'll be if Everton and Leeds both lose, and you can only manage a draw with West Ham. 

Would be pretty typical of this season for us to not take an opportunity when other results have also gone our way tbf

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The Bear said:

Imagine how pissed off you'll be if Everton and Leeds both lose, and you can only manage a draw with West Ham. 

I'll be pissed off if Everton draw and we don't win, actually if we don't win regardless I'll be annoyed

I reckon Everton will get the win they need and we will draw.

Leeds will beat Spurs to put us in 19th, not that it would matter.

I'm not able to watch due to long made plans but dont think I can handle the stress of it anyway. Might try to avoid all social media, turn off my whatsapp notifications and somehow get to match of the day. Muscle memory will probably go to flashscore or livescore anyway though. 

Edited by Nalis

Just now, foxfanazer said:

**** off will you wait until half 10 to find out. You're fooling nobody lol lol

Ha yeah you're probably right, no way could I resist having a peak at the scores, esclating to running to the nearest pub when I realise we're one goal off safety, much to my disgruntled company.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, The Bear said:

This is exactly what will happen.  Everton and Leeds will do their bit to see us stay in the league, but we won't.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ARM1968 said:

I imagine we will win against a greatly weakened West Ham and Everton will score the winner in the 94th minute. 

With either a dodgy penalty or a goal scored by Demarai Gray with his hand from an offside position. Written in the stars.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...if we go with the same deal for Harrison, then we would have learned nothing!!!

Harrison would start every game for us, but if you’re referring to the reports of offering £100k a week, then yeah we shouldn’t be putting him on that wage. 

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

Given we need two results, ours and Everton’s, I just have a feeling one will fall in our favour and one won’t. I don’t know which way but it just feels like either we will both win so our win means nothing or we slip up but so do Everton, like with Chelsea two years ago!

I was thinking likewise !

1 hour ago, Nalis said:

I reckon Everton will get the win they need and we will draw.

Leeds will beat Spurs to put us in 19th, not that it would matter.

I'm not able to watch due to long made plans but dont think I can handle the stress of it anyway. Might try to avoid all social media, turn off my whatsapp notifications and somehow get to match of the day. Muscle memory will probably go to flashscore or livescore anyway though. 

I wish you all the very best in this. I have never been so miserable watching a football match than I was yesterday.