Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

58 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Of course I want to see us stay up but given where we are financially and personnel wise I can only see another season of pain if we do 

I've talked myself into the positives of a much needed systemic clean out if we go down. And the same for LCFC. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Of course I want to see us stay up but given where we are financially and personnel wise I can only see another season of pain if we do 

Surely it would be much easier to balance the books while we're in the premier league, then even if we go down it wouldn't be so bad?

• Like 1

Foxestalk when we are a Championship team will be interesting. The entitled and elitist posters will probably disappear and the pragmatists will make a comeback. It will be a whole new world on here.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

36 minutes ago, TJQuik said:

Surely it would be much easier to balance the books while we're in the premier league, then even if we go down it wouldn't be so bad?

Maybe but the transfer fees for PL level players to replace those leaving or not good enough and the wages and coaching staff costs required to be competitive would use up all of what we would get and more IMO 

I wasn't too sure who to blame the most for our predicament; BR for obvious reasons or the board for keeping him in post.

Now I'm firmly, totally BR.

We could go down just 2 points from safety.

For all his lamenting no funds for a refresh, we threw away so many points purely down to his team selection, tactics and use (lack of) substitutes . 

If he had just got ONE of them right in just ONE match, we would have been ok.

Elite manager my bottom.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Foxestalk when we are a Championship team will be interesting. The entitled and elitist posters will probably disappear and the pragmatists will make a comeback. It will be a whole new world on here.

I was here through the dark times too, so unlucky you

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Maybe but the transfer fees for PL level players to replace those leaving or not good enough and the wages and coaching staff costs required to be competitive would use up all of what we would get and more IMO 

Whereas if we go down we can magically afford the lower level despite being rinsed financially? Read your comments again and tell me if they make sense 🤣 note wages to turnover ratios. 

10 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Whereas if we go down we can magically afford the lower level despite being rinsed financially? Read your comments again and tell me if they make sense 🤣 note wages to turnover ratios. 

I didn’t say anything about magically affording the lower level and yes they do make sense thanks. No point me arguing with a bloke presenting with two brain cells who has actually only got one though   ;)

6 hours ago, Benguin said:

I’d put as this:

Everton lose - 10%
Everton Draw - 30% 

Everton Win - 60% 

Leicester Win - 40%
Leicester Draw - 20%
Leicester lose - 40%

As a Leicester win is needed there is a 40% chance of Everton result keeping us up. Of the results at Everton that would keep us up, the probability would be 40% to go in our favour. 

therefore we can times them to forget to get probability of staying up:

2/5 our game goes how we need it to

2/5 their game goes how we need it

4/25 chance which becomes 16%

You sir, are a ****ing genius. 

Made it up, yeah right Screenshot_20230523_194437_Chrome.thumb.jpg.f4dcdb8f46f80c3f96443ddb4186393b.jpg

25 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I wasn't too sure who to blame the most for our predicament; BR for obvious reasons or the board for keeping him in post.

Now I'm firmly, totally BR.

We could go down just 2 points from safety.

For all his lamenting no funds for a refresh, we threw away so many points purely down to his team selection, tactics and use (lack of) substitutes . 

If he had just got ONE of them right in just ONE match, we would have been ok.

Elite manager my bottom.

i was thinking how good rodgers actually is last night after seeing newcastle get top 4. he came in with a great young squad, bottled champions league twice, and now has destroyed the side with his crappy signings and got us relegated. look what eddie howe has done in his first full season. rodgers is bang average

5 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I didn’t say anything about magically affording the lower level and yes they do make sense thanks. No point me arguing with a bloke presenting with two brain cells who has actually only got one though   ;)

OK let me attempt to explain....

So Screenshot_20230523_194731_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aef461d86763e8a092bfd9c64429d30d.jpg

85% is less than 100% which means we don't spend all of our money on wages, so 15% of our money is not spent on wages, so that contributes toward all other costs (which gave us that honking great loss) 

So without Premier league income we lose that 15%, that is money in. 

Net loss, that also does not take into account the players who stay with us on high wages. 

So not all wages are removed. 

So add those costs to the above money = a fair old whack. 

Now add to that the "metric **** tonne of money" we lose in TV revenue = we are ****ed. 

Now if you assume we stay up and add the metric **** tonne of money and instead remove the wages of the players leaving = nowhere near as ****ed, even if we get relegated. 

Nowhere near as ****ed > oh poor diddums can't handle watching us lose and thinks without justification and ignoring whether we can afford the lower level of funds required to rebuild when we are ****ING SKINT, that we will somehow be in a better position. 

Happy to forward my workings if you want to follow it through. 🤣😘

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, gw_leics772 said:

OK let me attempt to explain....

So Screenshot_20230523_194731_Chrome.thumb.jpg.aef461d86763e8a092bfd9c64429d30d.jpg

85% is less than 100% which means we don't spend all of our money on wages, so 15% of our money is not spent on wages, so that contributes toward all other costs (which gave us that honking great loss) 

So without Premier league income we lose that 15%, that is money in. 

Net loss, that also does not take into account the players who stay with us on high wages. 

So not all wages are removed. 

So add those costs to the above money = a fair old whack. 

Now add to that the "metric **** tonne of money" we lose in TV revenue = we are ****ed. 

Now if you assume we stay up and add the metric **** tonne of money and instead remove the wages of the players leaving = nowhere near as ****ed, even if we get relegated. 

Nowhere near as ****ed > oh poor diddums can't handle watching us lose and thinks without justification and ignoring whether we can afford the lower level of funds required to rebuild when we are ****ING SKINT, that we will somehow be in a better position. 

Happy to forward my workings if you want to follow it through. 🤣😘

Haven’t read any of that btw 

That’s the great thing about forums like these 

You can choose how much to ignore the tossers 

Awaits reply …… 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Haven’t read any of that btw 

That’s the great thing about forums like these 

You can choose how much to ignore the tossers 

Awaits reply …… 

Read it, it's well funny. Some of my best work. 

1 hour ago, Filberts lovechild said:

If, IF we stayed up (I don’t hold much hope), do we honestly think next season will be any better? I feel like we’d need a new team regardless, we’d be pretty much like a newly promoted side; without the confidence from the preceding season

...it would be a big influx of players; it will change the environment significantly!!!

Players will be gone, and a new manager brought in, the chances of the existing malaise continuing are very low indeed.

If as seems likely we are relegated. I wonder how long it will take for Top to announce his plan going forward, if he even has one. One things for sure, there will be a mountain of work to do this summer if they are serious about bouncing straight back. 

Relegation or not, the club need to know who our new manager is within a week of the season ending. Whoever it is won't be getting a long summer break. If Matthias Jaissle is willing to talk to Sunderland, I say we go all out for him regardless of the division. The Red Bull network is perfect for a rebuild and he builds teams who fight for the shirt.