Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

10 hours ago, Mike Oxlong said:

I’d have been happy to if you hadn’t come across as such a condescending arrogant nob in your initial response but I’ll pass now thanks 

That's brutal.

No coming back from that one!🤣🤣🤣

12 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Foxestalk when we are a Championship team will be interesting. The entitled and elitist posters will probably disappear and the pragmatists will make a comeback. It will be a whole new world on here.

I'm glad your not in charge of recruitment, god help any youngsters who want to join FT, sorry your elitist, entitled and not pragmatic, you must have been a Leicester supporter for at least 20 years and have experienced being League One, Championship and in the Prem, and must have been a supporter when we were really sh$t...

49 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Club staff were told last week who’d be staying and who’d be going if there was relegation. Fair to say we’ll be making a lot of cuts/redundancies. 

Sunday will be depressing then - plenty of match day staff are employed in other areas during the week 

13 minutes ago, Vazman said:

I'm glad your not in charge of recruitment, god help any youngsters who want to join FT, sorry your elitist, entitled and not pragmatic, you must have been a Leicester supporter for at least 20 years and have experienced being League One, Championship and in the Prem, and must have been a supporter when we were really sh$t...

First match October 1954 ,so yes a very long time. The most vocal posters on here are probably those who have only experienced success , they will have to learn the other side of supporting a football club.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

First match October 1954 ,so yes a very long time. The most vocal posters on here are probably those who have only experienced success , they will have to learn the other side of supporting a football club.

Yes very true, but like everything in life they have to learn the hard way.

• Like 1

Really can’t imagine the turmoil some of the club staff must be going through this week, we are in a cost of living crisis and there will be people losing their jobs and a critical income, to put it into perspective some of these people who will lose their jobs will probably earn in 2/3 years what is the average weekly wage of our playing staff. 

Edited by Claudio Fannieri

14 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Interestingly a lot of Bournemouth fans want to win at Everton and for us to win so that Leeds and Everton go down. I remember Leeds rioting in Bournemouth in the mid 1980s and they’ve clearly not forgot about it 

After scoring in the last seconds of 10 MINUTES of time added on I am sure the Premier League will make sure Everton have as much added time as they need to get a result to relegate us. Everton ‘big’ club .

• Like 1

For anyone worried about how tough next season will be if we somehow stay up, is it fair to say the promoted sides are unlikely to do as "well" as they did this season in that all 3 avoided relegation, Fulham never seemed to leave the top half, more than comfortable, Bournemouth didn't really come close to dropping in the end and Forest albeit aided by a flat Wembley hungover Brighton and a flat hungover Arsenal did enough in the end?

Still not a great starting point for us and yes I did see what Championship side Blackburn did to us on our own pitch in the Cup but it is a freak statistic when all 3 promoted sides survive.

3 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

For anyone worried about how tough next season will be if we somehow stay up, is it fair to say the promoted sides are unlikely to do as "well" as they did this season in that all 3 avoided relegation, Fulham never seemed to leave the top half, more than comfortable, Bournemouth didn't really come close to dropping in the end and Forest albeit aided by a flat Wembley hungover Brighton and a flat hungover Arsenal did enough in the end?

Still not a great starting point for us and yes I did see what Championship side Blackburn did to us on our own pitch in the Cup but it is a freak statistic when all 3 promoted sides survive.

Next season isn’t even worth thinking about in terms of how well we will do.

We will likely have a new manager, new coaching staff and about half a squad worth of new players. 
If we can survive this week, then we can start rebuilding and have an opportunity to bring in the fresh faces to push us back towards midtable.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, Fox1norfolk said:

After scoring in the last seconds of 10 MINUTES of time added on I am sure the Premier League will make sure Everton have as much added time as they need to get a result to relegate us. Everton ‘big’ club .

Interestingly the Everton fans have a persecution complex and are waiting for the referee to be appointed who is anti Everton with a thirst to send them down - Craig Pawson is at the top of their hit list - although I don't think he's bias just an absolutely shocking ref who's stole a living for years. 

16 hours ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Interestingly a lot of Bournemouth fans want to win at Everton and for us to win so that Leeds and Everton go down. I remember Leeds rioting in Bournemouth in the mid 1980s and they’ve clearly not forgot about it 

I remember Leicester rioting in Bournemouth in the 90s 

1 hour ago, 99 Problems said:

That’s a ridiculous generalisation. I’ve been going since since the late 80s and have seen it all. I’m very vocal about the direction the club is headed in. I’ve seen us plummet the depths of the championship and league one and have no desire to go back there. what makes this impending relegation so painful is that it was entirely avoidable. I don’t accept it’s just part of the other side of supporting a smaller club - we’re not destined to get relegated, it’s happened because there’s been awful decisions made. And the worst thing for me are the fans accepting it with a whimper because we’ve had ‘:a great ride’

No I am not just accepting it, I am just as annoyed as you about the mismanagement of the club. I refuse to accept anyway that a city as big as Leicester should have a " small " club. Part of our problem over the years is the lack of civic pride in this city and that goes back centuries. However ,we are where we are and change must come and that means for club , players, staff and supporters. From now on we should be efficient, very careful with money and manage our expectations. Personnaly I think Rodgers and his minions have poisoned the club and the owners are culpable in allowing it. We must purge ourselves and come back swinging and if we do we can get  back to PL respectability pretty soon.

2 hours ago, 99 Problems said:

That’s a ridiculous generalisation. I’ve been going since since the late 80s and have seen it all. I’m very vocal about the direction the club is headed in. I’ve seen us plummet the depths of the championship and league one and have no desire to go back there. what makes this impending relegation so painful is that it was entirely avoidable. I don’t accept it’s just part of the other side of supporting a smaller club - we’re not destined to get relegated, it’s happened because there’s been awful decisions made. And the worst thing for me are the fans accepting it with a whimper because we’ve had ‘:a great ride’

As a Seventy + years old supporter from the sixties it's not life and death F F S.  Remember the old saying , life's a bitch and then you die.  😉

15 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

No I am not just accepting it, I am just as annoyed as you about the mismanagement of the club. I refuse to accept anyway that a city as big as Leicester should have a " small " club. Part of our problem over the years is the lack of civic pride in this city and that goes back centuries. However ,we are where we are and change must come and that means for club , players, staff and supporters. From now on we should be efficient, very careful with money and manage our expectations. Personnaly I think Rodgers and his minions have poisoned the club and the owners are culpable in allowing it. We must purge ourselves and come back swinging and if we do we can get  back to PL respectability pretty soon.

So you're not annoyed about people being angry and despondent about our current predicament. You're annoyed that people are actually vocal about it instead of sitting there politely patting their sh!tty plastic clapper against their hand with a wry smile as they watch us potentially slip down the leagues?

How ridiculous that you act so superior to those actually making their voices heard. I'm sure the board will love fans like you who lie back and think of England as they run us into the ground. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

How good would it be, we win comfortably and cruise through our game.

0-0 at Everton 10 minutes added on, long ball over the top Gray runs through to score - Everton fans on the pitch, VAR rules the goal out for offside - can’t get the fans off the pitch and the final whistle goes.

They'd probably replay the game!