Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 minute ago, Scotch said:

So you're not annoyed about people being angry and despondent about our current predicament. You're annoyed that people are actually vocal about it instead of sitting there politely patting their sh!tty plastic clapper against their hand with a wry smile as they watch us potentially slip down the leagues?

How ridiculous that you act so superior to those actually making their voices heard. I'm sure the board will love fans like you who lie back and think of England as they run us into the ground. 

I understand the anger , it is indeed a shitshow , but I am not despondent because the damage can be repaired . We , as supporters can scream and shout and protest , but will the club listen? Now if some of the heavyweights in the media start piling in , then the club will have to listen. First among these should be Lineker and Dublin. They know the truth and should have the courage to say it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Sunday can''t come quick enough this waiting game is driving me nuts 

My Mrs is of the same opinion. Apparently I've been a mardy arse these past few weeks. Not that my mood will improve when relegation is confirmed but at least we can draw a line under this one. 

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I understand the anger , it is indeed a shitshow , but I am not despondent because the damage can be repaired . We , as supporters can scream and shout and protest , but will the club listen? Now if some of the heavyweights in the media start piling in , then the club will have to listen. First among these should be Lineker and Dublin. They know the truth and should have the courage to say it.

Yeah, they might not listen but they sure as hell won't listen if there is nothing to listen to because you're grumbling quietly into your cucumber sandwich. 

If you want the media to pay attention and make the noise for you then you need to give them something to pay attention to. They're not gonna drag coverage away from the top six unless it's actually something worth doing it for and sitting back quietly as little old Leicester fade back into obscurity isn't going to cut it.

As for the damage being repaired, ask Wigan, Portsmouth, Stoke or Sunderland about that. 

Edited by Scotch
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Sunday can''t come quick enough this waiting game is driving me nuts 

I'm trying to be relaxed about it with Everton being in the box seat and it's theirs to lose, it's not really working though but I'm sure they're more nervous than us as it's for them to blow it. Home to Bournemouth who are safe, what can possibly go wrong? :yesyes:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Spudulike said:

My Mrs is of the same opinion. Apparently I've been a mardy arse these past few weeks. Not that my mood will improve when relegation is confirmed but at least we can draw a line under this one. 

Yep, want it to be over now. I also hope there is no jeopardy about Sunday and us or Everton wins while the other loses. Don't want the same result scenario and what ifs.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Corky said:

Yep, want it to be over now. I also hope there is no jeopardy about Sunday and us or Everton wins while the other loses. Don't want the same result scenario and what ifs.

I just hope one of us wins and the other doesn't, if that happens and Everton stay up I won't be too upset or angry. 

Just hope that they don't win and neither do we. 

2 hours ago, jerry said:

As a Seventy + years old supporter from the sixties it's not life and death F F S.  Remember the old saying , life's a bitch and then you die.  😉

Ah yes of course. When you’ve supported a club for over 70 years you have a calm and clear perspective that people who have supported the club for 60 years for example, just don’t have. Don’t even get me started on fans who have only supported the club for 50 years - they don’t even know they’re born they’ve had it so easy.

Back in your day you used to have to turn up to Filbert Street at 4 in the morning to get entry for 3pm kick off. They used boat oars as turnstiles so you used to get knocked unconscious when you handed your ticket in. Players used to kick a ball made out of ham and the weather was so cold that sometimes fans died of hyperthermia. When they did they were thrown into a massive burial pit dug out on raw dykes road which also doubled up as a children’s home

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, 99 Problems said:

Ah yes of course. When you’ve supported a club for over 70 years you have a calm and clear perspective that people who have supported the club for 60 years for example, just don’t have. Don’t even get me started on fans who have only supported the club for 50 years - they don’t even know they’re born they’ve had it so easy.

Back in your day you used to have to turn up to Filbert Street at 4 in the morning to get entry for 3pm kick off. They used boat oars as turnstiles so you used to get knocked unconscious when you handed your ticket in. Players used to kick a ball made out of ham and the weather was so cold that sometimes fans died of hyperthermia. When they did they were thrown into a massive burial pit dug out on raw dykes road which also doubled up as a children’s home

Get a life is another phrase that comes to mind   😉

9 hours ago, 99 Problems said:

And the worst thing for me are the fans accepting it with a whimper because we’ve had ‘:a great ride’

Surely the worst thing will be the getting relegated, not that some fans aren't as miserable about it as you?

9 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

...they are employed by the BBC, who frown on people giving their personal opinions!!!

The stadium crowd failed to stand up and be heard, once again looking for someone else to do the dirty work. Top would have been forced to listen had we turned up the heat due to what we were being served up.

WE have become passive watchers and that has played a big part in Rodgers being retained longer than he should be.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, shailen said:

The last time we were relegated from the premier league 

FB_IMG_1685039586193.jpg

It says everything about the car crash that this season has been that our current squad that is packed with internationals, has the 7th highest wage bill in the league, trains at a £100m facility and is largely the same as the squad that won the FA Cup only 2 years ago could end the season with fewer points than Micky Adams' dad's army of free transfers and cast offs managed in 2003/4. 

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Phil Bowman said:

Surely the worst thing will be the getting relegated, not that some fans aren't as miserable about it as you?

People shouldn't be miserable, they should be annoyed and want to hold those in charge to account.

The people that have been put in charge of running the club have failed dramatically. To chalk it up to "oh, it's just Leicester ain't it" is ridiculous and frankly really dumb, in my opinion.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Merson's final day predictions: https://metro.co.uk/2023/05/25/paul-merson-premier-league-predictions-final-day-season-18846147/

He predicts that Everton will win 2-0 and we'll win 3-1 and stay up. :dunno:lol

Seriously, do these people get paid for their "expertise"? Is Merse back on the sauce? We need to know....

• Haha 4