Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Gary O’Neil doesn’t strike me as the type of bloke who’d be happy to lose four on the bounce. I think they’ll make it difficult for Everton. There’s significant league position prize money at stake too.

I’m more worried about what we’ll be able to do against West Ham.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I thnk people are under estimating how pressure could play a part on the final day.

Definitely, and although we've been terrible at it this season, an early goal could be huge.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

Merson's final day predictions: https://metro.co.uk/2023/05/25/paul-merson-premier-league-predictions-final-day-season-18846147/

He predicts that Everton will win 2-0 and we'll win 3-1 and stay up. :dunno:lol

Seriously, do these people get paid for their "expertise"? Is Merse back on the sauce? We need to know....

What makes you think he ever put down the sauce?

He's as stable as an IKEA shelf put up by my missus.

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, egg_fried_rice said:

Gary O’Neil doesn’t strike me as the type of bloke who’d be happy to lose four on the bounce. I think they’ll make it difficult for Everton. There’s significant league position prize money at stake too.

For all we know, if he loses Sunday they're looking to replace him going into the summer! They will definitely be playing to win.  

2 hours ago, egg_fried_rice said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Everton went behind by more than one goal for their fans to do a pitch invasion and get the game abandoned, no idea on the scenario then but plod and stewards wouldn’t be able to keep 30k or however many off the pitch. Safety will be first priority then and players/ref won’t be back out if it’s not secured.

If that occurred how can the result stand? As they’d know that if win they stay up, or just draw the replay due to ours and Leeds games long finished.

For us, our destiny is out of our hands but a win is the first step then if the other result goes our way, but we don’t have a great record at home against West Ham in recent years. 

Our defence is like a sieve that’s the problem and I can’t see a clean sheet back to back.

Love to be optimistic but........

1 win since February and that was a bounce for Smith vs Wolves

Cant keep a clean sheet without not attacking

Attack and we let three in

West Ham's season is not finished - they have a European final to look forward too and places to be won

West Ham at home we have a rubbish record on

I genuinely like others believe that Everton may find it tough but I would much rather be in there shoes than ours.....we need the ground to rock like it did in 2016 versus West Ham ............

Let's hope the boys including the tossers who are leaving bring one last performance......

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, promised land said:

It wouldn’t surprise me if Everton went behind by more than one goal for their fans to do a pitch invasion and get the game abandoned, no idea on the scenario then but plod and stewards wouldn’t be able to keep 30k or however many off the pitch. Safety will be first priority then and players/ref won’t be back out if it’s not secured.

If that occurred how can the result stand? As they’d know that if win they stay up, or just draw the replay due to ours and Leeds games long finished.

For us, our destiny is out of our hands but a win is the first step then if the other result goes our way, but we don’t have a great record at home against West Ham in recent years. 

Our defence is like a sieve that’s the problem and I can’t see a clean sheet back to back.

If it was their fans, 0-3 away win you'd assume.

After the Gerrard and the Liverpool gangster (and his wife), I genuinely think that is the reason Liverpool teams get biased decisions. 

It's not the heat an average bloke needs on them. Sending Everton down wouldn't be what any of the match officials want over a contentious decision. 

Saying that, if Everton lose, I'd say Leeds stay up. We don't have the balls to go and win at home to West Ham.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

I thnk people are under estimating how pressure could play a part on the final day.

Leicester - face no pressure, easily beat West Ham

Everton - face all the pressure, struggle against Bournemouth 

That's right, no lol

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

5 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

I have no idea how tinpot Bournemouth with their ridiculous stadium are in the premiership. The setup is Div.1 at best.

Crazy Luton could be joining them next season! Fair play to both of them. Just shows the mess we are in now and how poorly we have been ran these last 18 months imo. The air of complacency from the club regarding relegation has been clear to see. 

No one to blame but ourselves (Owner, Board, Players, Rodgers) 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Gazza3 said:

I'm preparing myself for a double relegation weekend . Praying for the right results but the  reality is that it's unlikely.  Have a great BH weekend 

Might buy a programme to read the Chairman's comments -----probably the worst sporting part of the family KP since they bought us.....really want to know what they are thinking and getting ready to do..........

• Like 1

On 25/05/2023 at 14:56, Spudulike said:

My Mrs is of the same opinion. Apparently I've been a mardy arse these past few weeks. Not that my mood will improve when relegation is confirmed but at least we can draw a line under this one. 

I wish that was my only issue. 

As a Hinckley based Leicester fan I'm absolutely shitting it that cov win the play off final tomorrow. If we go down after that 🤢🤮

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

That's right, no lol

Everton will get time added on and added on until they score the winner. That’s what the Premier League wants, it is down to business and brands.

4 hours ago, StanSP said:

That's right, no lol

😂 we may have less pressure but our players will be under a huge amount of pressure to win and these players have bottled it when under pressure on big occasions. 

11 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Surely Moyes will be resting his best team for the Europa Conference final!!! If not why not! Has any one written to him yet to suggest this to him? 

I'm still not convinced that I'd rather play their reserves. 

Ofcourse their starting 11 will be tougher to beat but I refuse to believe that it won't start to play on the players' minds as the game rolls on. 50/50 challenges, putting your head in where it hurts... They simply won't be as committed. The reserves however will be wanting to prove a point and make their case for the starting 11 come the final. They have nothing to lose. If they get injured for a game they prob wouldn't have started anyway. 

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Mr.Bingles said:

Surely Moyes will be resting his best team for the Europa Conference final!!! If not why not! Has any one written to him yet to suggest this to him? 

Because it's a full 10 days after you play them?

Resting them would mean they haven't played for 13 days. He'll play pretty much a full side IMO, and save those with any injury issues. 

2 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Because it's a full 10 days after you play them?

Resting them would mean they haven't played for 13 days. He'll play pretty much a full side IMO, and save those with any injury issues. 

Teams can quite easily arrange games behind closed doors though can't they with far less intensity, I'd much rather that then risk them getting injured against a side who are having to give everything.