Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

I imagine even if Moyes fields a team with a number of planned starters for the EC final they will, at least sub-consciously, have an eye on that game and so won’t be 100% at it / want to risk injury.

so assuming our players actually turn-up and deliver a performance I could see us winning. 

Odds still favour Everton but if we can start well, score and put pressure on them you never know.

Edited by JimmyC74
  • Like 2

30 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Because it's a full 10 days after you play them?

Resting them would mean they haven't played for 13 days. He'll play pretty much a full side IMO, and save those with any injury issues. 

I think this too. 

The only way we benefit (if at all we do) is subconsciously they have a final in 10 days and that will play on their minds. And think twice before that extra tackle or effort

The problem is most of our are thinking of their next move so will have the same problem. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, JimmyC74 said:

I imagine even if Moyes fields a team with a number of planned starters for the EC final they will, at least sub-consciously, have an eye on that game and so won’t be 100% at it / want to risk injury.

so assuming our players actually turn-up and deliver a performance I could see us winning. 

Odds still favour Everton but if we can start well, score and put pressure on them you never know.

Of course, the Leeds game can affect Everton too. So it doesn't necessarily have to be us to start off at a flyer. 

We can perhaps use the Leeds game as a Trojan Horse

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I don't buy any kind of conspiracy at all. At the absolute most, there might be a very slight unconscious bias from the officials that they give the bigger team a chance. But certainly no conscious effort. 

As for the PL 'brand', that's kinda interesting. 

Bournemouth, Luton, Brentford, Fulham are traditional small clubs. Sheff Utd and Burnley wreak of northern grimness. Forest a decent name but horrific onfield entertainment value and quality. Palace a total non entity. 

Basically nearly half the league has virtually zero international appeal. 

That’s why the top six clubs just seem to get the benefit of doubt over VAR decisions

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Someone give me some confidence please, I've got this pit of my stomach feeling that we repeat the Newcastle scenario where instead of attacking we are too scared to get out of our own half trying to "stay in the game" and inevitably go 2-0 down.

I think we will start quickly. West Ham were slow to get going against Leeds but Leeds lost their way.

14 minutes ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I’d be fascinated to see how we react if Everton score an early goal first. I think I know the answer, but I’d like to be wrong.

Instant partially deflated sex dolls just like after Liverpool's second went in the other week

• Haha 1

O’Neill is talking about how he doesn’t want to lose because it’s his daughter’s birthday. There’s a lot going into assessing Bournemouth’s motivations here. Points to a mega loss for them imo. So on the beach it hurts 

I'm hoping Vardy is looking at his final year and thinking "I'm not playing in the championship" he needs to play like he's possessed, he's been really lethargic all season, a couple of moments since Smith arrived, but overall he's spent far too much time in 2nd gear.

2 hours ago, cityfanlee23 said:

Someone give me some confidence please, I've got this pit of my stomach feeling that we repeat the Newcastle scenario where instead of attacking we are too scared to get out of our own half trying to "stay in the game" and inevitably go 2-0 down.

There's no way that will be the plan going into this game, whereas it was at Newcastle.

I worry that the players mentality might end up doing it regardless though.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Corky said:

West Ham have lost 19 games this season. Even at close to full strength they are hardly world beaters.

This is true. Saints are relegated & beat us twice though. 

We are probably the easiest team in the league to out muscle, out run, out think & too play against. 

There's a reason why most on here don't give a shiny shite if most of the squad leave. 

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

This is true. Saints are relegated & beat us twice though. 

We are probably the easiest team in the league to out muscle, out run, out think & too play against. 

There's a reason why most on here don't give a shiny shite if most of the squad leave. 

'Foxes always quit' 

I am working tomorrow and a few hours on Sunday just to keep my mind off the game.  Had spells of positivity and belief this week, then gut wrenching feelings that we can't get over the line, bloody horrible!!