Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

38 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

What do people put our chances of survival at? I’d say about 1 in 5.

Most places I look seem to have us around 2/1 for the win.

I can get odds of around 5/2 on Bournemouth or draw.

So, roughly 5/1 is about where we are at. 
It looks like we are 1000 times more likely to stay up than we were to win the league.

If we do go down it is going to hurt still never mind what people say about acceptance already etc. 

Going to hurt even more if the Charlatan Rodgers appears in another Prem job lauding it up if we are languishing in the Championship. 

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

The odds on Everton to win are absolute nonsense. Absolutely no chance are they 4/9 to win that.

On the flip side I think we're being overrated as well. They're pricing motivation too highly here. They're forgetting we're both utter shit.

The odds should be 4/9 on them to get a dodgy goal, allowed by VAR, not to win. Everyone is assuming both us and them will win. It won't be that straightforward!! 

On 21/05/2023 at 02:09, tom27111 said:

I'm sure he wont mind me saying...we've had some incredible times, but we shouldn't have this defeatist attitude of "ah well, it was good while it lasted"

I replied to this earlier but it is a key point. I think because we haven't had a long spell in the top flight since the 70s we always accept relegation as inevitable. We don't feel like we belong as a permanent fixture in the top flight, there's no big club mentality. There's more of a one at Forest and they hadn't played PL football since the 90s before this season.

That is ultimately why we look like going down and Everton will stay up. They refuse to accept relegation as a club and a fanbase. There's no way Lampard would have been given another 10 games and then replaced with a nobody.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Most places I look seem to have us around 2/1 for the win.

I can get odds of around 5/2 on Bournemouth or draw.

So, roughly 5/1 is about where we are at. 
It looks like we are 1000 times more likely to stay up than we were to win the league.

Well this so called super computer they keep pulling out of their Ar53s has us Leeds and Southampton to go down, oh by the way is this the same Super Computer who said Arsenal would win the League and Man City would be 3rd ?

For me, the scientific approach of the probability of survival isn't always enough of guide. So I look for seemingly unrelated factors. Reading the runes, they tell me that if Coventry win today, then that's bad news for us tomorrow. But sometimes the runes are misleading.

1 hour ago, justfoxes said:

Well this so called super computer they keep pulling out of their Ar53s has us Leeds and Southampton to go down, oh by the way is this the same Super Computer who said Arsenal would win the League and Man City would be 3rd ?

Not two weeks ago it didn’t ……..

the same super computer that said we’d stay up a month ago …

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

Not two weeks ago it didn’t ……..

the same super computer that said we’d stay up a month ago …

The same super computer that needs to be taken with a pound of salt let alone a pinch, I’m getting to the point now about our predicament as what will be will be we can’t do anything but hope it’s in the hands of the team now to do it’s best and win and hope Everton & Leeds fluff their lines and Lose tomorrow 🙏🙏🙏🦊

6 hours ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Rudkin and Whelan to lead it, wonder how much blame they’ll take themselves. 

No wonder it took so long for a managerial change. I could imagine them having a mini review in like March, with all 3 of them 2+Rogers just saying great job all, shame the players aren't doing a good job for us, oh well nothing else can be done.

6 hours ago, Lewis's Junior said:

Three shite teams with varying limitations in effort and ability. And one will survive, possibly with less than 35 points. 

Best league in the world? Pah

Which league is better? 

8 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Got to think Everton luck has got to run our sometime.

Yep. They can't keep doing this any more than Sunderland could a few years ago. Their luck will run out eventually, but we've just got to hope it's tomorrow. 

• Like 3