Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

29 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

24 hours to go, I'll be getting steaming once survival is confirmed!!!

Wife just come home from coop with a bottle of pink fizz to celebrate when we get back from the KP tomorrow. Cant decide if I admire her confidence or think she is being cocky. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, gazzaa2 said:

I replied to this earlier but it is a key point. I think because we haven't had a long spell in the top flight since the 70s we always accept relegation as inevitable. We don't feel like we belong as a permanent fixture in the top flight, there's no big club mentality. There's more of a one at Forest and they hadn't played PL football since the 90s before this season.

That is ultimately why we look like going down and Everton will stay up. They refuse to accept relegation as a club and a fanbase. There's no way Lampard would have been given another 10 games and then replaced with a nobody.

...I just cannot agree with this!!!

This set of players, whether due to Rodgers or as individuals are not the same mentality as what came up to the Premiership. In any other era, there would be a fight to stay up and will to stay in the league. This team lacks all of that, 

It is not that we feel inferior or we see ourselves as a small club,  we have a double jeopardy of weak-willed players and a Chairman who gambled on our future.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Samilktray said:

Which league is better? 

Fair challenge. I was hoping to come back to you to say the league most 'competitive', with smallest gap between the teams and extra intrigue. Then I was worried I was describing the Championship, and it's definitely not that one!! 

Having looked at the data in reality across the top leagues in Europe it doesn't really happen. And there is a sad precession in England, Spain, Germany and France where it is the same 1 or (sometimes) 2 teams that win the thing in the last 5 years. 

2 hours ago, Chelmofox said:

Wife just come home from coop with a bottle of pink fizz to celebrate when we get back from the KP tomorrow. Cant decide if I admire her confidence or think she is being cocky. 

We're drinking ours now. It should never have come to this and regardless of what happens, it feels like the end of an era. Leicester City is going to look very different going forwards, whichever league we're in.

Raise a glass to everything that happened until 2021, then smash it against the wall recalling what's happened since. :thumbup:

• Sad 1

Crazy but I’ve been pessimistic most of this season and very damming of our players, manager and board but strangely tonight this is the most optimistic I’ve felt for a while, certainly since after the WC. I think we can win and I think Bournemouth can get a draw at least, it’ll go to the wire, probably the 100th minute but I just think we have the best chance out if the three of us. Hey I might be completely wrong and look silly come 7pm but if ever there was a time for optimism then that’s now. Off to bed now to get no sleep! 

• Like 1

I try to stay positive about City, yet honestly this season even ive struggled, usually my bro is the, we're gonna lose, member of the family, but sadly thats me now!.

Maybe its a lesson Top and the club needed, but i think we're gone from the prem tomorrow. I truly hate saying it but seeing the fight in teams like Bournemouth, Forestscum, Leedscum, even the toffees to some extent, and whats been offered up by our lads, its hard to see any other outcome. 

Hopefully mondays performance can be built on, yet i think its too little too late.

I hope im wrong and would be glad to have egg on my face come the final whistle.

3 minutes ago, The Bear said:

Get steaming now, then you can wake up stress free to the result, whatever it may be. 

So The Bear; should we fail to win today, will you always remember the answer to the trivia question ‘which was the only team Leicester were able to do the double over in 2022/23 when they were absolute shite and crashed and burned to relegation’? :ph34r:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

So The Bear; should we fail to win today, will you always remember the answer to the trivia question ‘which was the only team Leicester were able to do the double over in 2022/23 when they were absolute shite and crashed and burned to relegation’? :ph34r:

Huddersfield did the double over us when they finished bottom a few years ago. So we have form for that sort of nonsense. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RumbleFox said:

“We could do this”

”This could go right to the wire”

”Could go to the 100th minute”

*2 goals down after 17 minutes and game over. 

To be fair if our relegation is meant to be I’d rather it’s over pretty quickly, rather than any last minute nonsense 

• Like 1

I’m so bipolar about this (apologies if using that word upsets anyone) 

on the one hand I’m relaxed about going down because I made peace with it some time ago 

on the other hand staying up gives us a huge opportunity to reset with a new forward looking coach and some exciting new players 

I feel conflicted that I don’t care enough about staying up - I guess if it was a simple winnit scenario then I could be more invested. But relying on other clubs results in addition to expectations of our team actually winning a game is too much to take on 

Relegated or not, wonder if all of the players will acknowledge the fan's support at the end and applaud them around the pitch - and not go straight down the tunnel.