Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

I think tomorrow once it's all over, whichever league we will be in I think a bit of excitement will return. A lot of change is required regardless, new manager, new ideas, lots of new signings. Granted a lot of movement needs to be done sharpish, if in 3 weeks time we're getting ready to announce Dean Smith with 0 new signings then any positive feelings will have drained away lol

• Like 2

If and it's a big if we do stay up, I think we'll come back stronger with new players and learning the lessons from the indecisiveness. These players are good enough but have had the confidence sucked out from them. Staying up maybe the lift the club needs. 

11 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Relegated or not, wonder if all of the players will acknowledge the fan's support at the end and applaud them around the pitch - and not go straight down the tunnel.

Depends what we are singing at them mate! If it about them not being fit for the shirt I dont see many hanging around. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, shailen said:

If and it's a big if we do stay up, I think we'll come back stronger with new players and learning the lessons from the indecisiveness. These players are good enough but have had the confidence sucked out from them. Staying up maybe the lift the club needs. 

Couldn’t agree more. Other clubs have shown you only have to make a few shrewd signings and things can click into place. Inspired managerial appointment and a few good signings and I will be celebrating mid table mediocrity next year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Stinky said:

I think tomorrow once it's all over, whichever league we will be in I think a bit of excitement will return. A lot of change is required regardless, new manager, new ideas, lots of new signings. Granted a lot of movement needs to be done sharpish, if in 3 weeks time we're getting ready to announce Dean Smith with 0 new signings then any positive feelings will have drained away lol

Theres no way Smith stays on with us, whether we beat the drop or not.

Watching German football yesterday broussia dortmand needed to beat a mid table beach side at home to win the league and bayern Munich needed to beat a mid table beach side away and hope Dortmund lost. In the 88th minute of both games Dortmund were losing and Bayern were drawing with bayern finally scoring in the 89th minute to secure the title. 

A indicator of how ridiculous these high pressure last day scenarios can be to anyone who thinks this afternoon will be breeze for Everton. It probably doesn't need saying that dortmand and bayern are a lot better and a lot more used to winning in high pressure games than us or Everton. 

1 hour ago, Stinky said:

Out with the excrement, in with the excitement. Yes please :)

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, FoxOnWheels said:

Just can’t see Everton going down. After today can’t wait for some of these players to **** off! I’d like to think that we’re a bit too good to not come top 2 in the championship but it means getting the manager right

I think lots of us feel like that.  I just can't picture it. They've been flirting with relegation on and off for 30 odd years and always find a way. 

Particularly with this set of players; lumping up to Mina and Keane up front in the 11th minute of 7 minutes of added time, there's a sense of inevitability that they'll squirm out again 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Watching German football yesterday broussia dortmand needed to beat a mid table beach side at home to win the league and bayern Munich needed to beat a mid table beach side away and hope Dortmund lost. In the 88th minute of both games Dortmund were losing and Bayern were drawing with bayern finally scoring in the 89th minute to secure the title. 

A indicator of how ridiculous these high pressure last day scenarios can be to anyone who thinks this afternoon will be breeze for Everton. It probably doesn't need saying that dortmand and bayern are a lot better and a lot more used to winning in high pressure games than us or Everton. 

On top of that Dortmund won 11 home games in a row. Completely different to Everton. Everton should still win but it proves that crazier things have happened.

On 27/05/2023 at 01:32, Dan LCFC said:

The odds on Everton to win are absolute nonsense. Absolutely no chance are they 4/9 to win that.

On the flip side I think we're being overrated as well. They're pricing motivation too highly here. They're forgetting we're both utter shit.

We've drifted from evens (50%) to 2.18 (46%) and Everton have drifted from 1.5 (67%) to 1.63 (61%).

Market has finally woke up that although both teams are in "must win" games you also have to consider both sides have won once in their last ten or so for a very good reason.

1 minute ago, Poznan34 said:

please show your working

We win that's a given it this equation.

Then everton will either win draw or lose.

33.33% each scenario.

2 of thise scenarios keep us up, 2x33.33=66.66%.

Leeds are involved so this would be slightly less, but given goal difference superiority I have removed leeds from the equation with us winning

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Poznan34 said:

please show your working

I'm guessing it's there's only one result for Everton that keeps them up in that situation but it assumes all outcomes in that game are equally likely which is dubious 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

We can do more than win. The damage has already been done well before this last game of the season.

We didnt beat Leeds or everyone and lost to southampton.....  so here we are.

But imo rodgers lost the plot 2 years back and the club let him go on and on... it's been a 2 year car crash.  The club and many supporters (eg foxes trust) continues to be in denial.   Worse  ...whatever happens today we have big decisions to make... and I have no confidence in top and his advisors to make good decisions 

• Like 1

What I like about today is this is Everton's to lose, the pressure is all on them.

The scenario is simple for us we have to win and what will be will be.

Leeds are more complicated as a 1-0 win might be good enough but they would ideally win 3-0 to force Everton to win.

Everton even further complicated as a draw might be good enough for them or might not.

It would be interesting if in the 85th minute both Leicester and Everton are drawing and Leeds are 2-0 up as a loss sends Everton down but a goal from Leeds or Leicester also does even though Everton are safe with no change to the scores at that point.

Edited by Gerard

On 27/05/2023 at 07:02, Gazza M said:

If we do go down it is going to hurt still never mind what people say about acceptance already etc. 

Going to hurt even more if the Charlatan Rodgers appears in another Prem job lauding it up if we are languishing in the Championship. 

Unfortunately he will, but it will not be in the top 6