Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

10 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

This is exactly what’s wrong.

You can’t have this kind of attitude. You’ve highlighted being role model to clubs, are we? We’ve shown them all exactly how not to run a football club.

Because we’ve over extended ourselves financially, we’re now in a mess going down….. some shocking decisions around loans has left us with probably no parachute payments. We’re heavily reliant on us selling all of our best players, to make money, which means we’re probably going to need at least 15 odd players to just have a squad. 

Legacy’s mean nothing if you can’t sustain it, there’s absolutely no reason for us to have imploded like we have, it’s unacceptable. Especially when 90% of that squad will go on to playing at top teams. 

We’ve basically shown everyone what you can do with a bit of belief, but in the same breath we’ve also shown everyone how not to run a football club. 

Bang on!

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Bazly said:

That Maddison penalty miss, probably going to end up costing £500mn.

Nope. Season hasn't been defined by one kick of the ball. We've gone down because we've been largely terrible over the 38 games this season, not one missed penalty against a relegation rival.

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, Onions said:

So? Does being relegated last week make it any worse? It’s the same outcome. 

The people who hounded the board, claiming ‘anyone’ would do better with those players have clearly been proven wrong. 

Dean Smith was a shocking appointment 

You've contradicted yourself - being relegated last week indicates a worse performance than taking it to the last game as we did.

We'll never know if 'anyone'. would do better, but Smith has averaged 1.13 points per game, Brendan 0.89 so he has done better. But granted he wasn't a great appointment but he was a better manager for our scenario than Rodgers

• Like 1

Guest Mee-9

Been saying it has been over since the Bournemouth game. 

Still bloody hurts so much.

Drowning myself by having a chocolate finger or 200. (And I don’t mean a prostate exam) 

36 minutes ago, Scrotnig said:

Hello.

I’m a Stoke City fan who’s lived in Leicester many years now.

So sorry this happened. I really hoped you’d escape.

Many echoes of when Stoke went down a few years back. Sacking manager way too late, lacklustre replacement, players seeming not to care, etc.

I hope you recover quicker than Stoke, we’ve only barely managed to avoid going down again and the club is stuck in a rut. 

The Championship is a shit league. Don’t make the mistake we did of getting a manager who splashed untold millions on terrible players who ended up not playing but still being paid years later. FFP then becomes a killer.

Good luck! 

Not even close. With respect, you guys clearly were getting worse over time and ended up going from finishing 9th consistently to the bottom half before relegation. We finished 8th last year and 5th the year before. We haven’t finished in the bottom half of the division since 2017. It’s honestly insane to think that we’re about to be relegated. But thankyou for your post and all the best. 

40 minutes ago, Sir Shep said:

So people will now lose their jobs, but the players will probably be on the phone to their agents securing a move away, I really hope the club plays hard ball and holds out as long as it can for top dollar but I doubt it. Also hope we get rid of he leaches who wont want to leave but again I doubt it. 

If we take that approach, as we have in the past, then we'll be in august before we truly know what our squad is. Deadline Day will be massive once again, in terms of both ins and outs. And that's neither the way we used to do our business, nor the way to give our new manager a clean slate for a new season. Hanging on for a marginally better offer has immense risks too. Not least because, if your incomings depend on your outgoings, you'll be paying top whack too.

48 minutes ago, Bazly said:

That Maddison penalty miss, probably going to end up costing £500mn.

Technically you're right, but he has won us plenty of points throughout the season.

For me, the blame lies with playing Ward for 26 games. He didn't win us one point all season. And that solitary point was the difference. Fine margins.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, AmarteyAndChill said:

Not even close. With respect, you guys clearly were getting worse over time and ended up going from finishing 9th consistently to the bottom half before relegation. We finished 8th last year and 5th the year before. We haven’t finished in the bottom half of the division since 2017. It’s honestly insane to think that we’re about to be relegated. But thankyou for your post and all the best. 

Yes it isn’t identical but some of the mistakes made are very similar, and some of what has gone on is very similar. 

Certainly Stoke declined over a longer period and from a lower starting point. I take no convincing of how crap they became, doubt you’ll get any argument from any Stoke fan on that one!

Although I’ve not been on this forum, I live in the city and have friends who are fans so I’ve followed it fairly closely. Obviously though I will always defer to the view of actual fans of the club, above my own views. You all know your club better than I do.

My purpose in coming here is purely to wish all of you well, and to empathise with how tough relegation is. I may not be a Leicester fan but this has been my home city for many years now, and thus as a football fan it does matter to me more than other clubs (besides Stoke).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Leicester 

LEICESTER VS LEEDS

IPSWICH VS NORWICH

SOUTHAMPTON VS BIRMINGHAM

MIDDLESBRO VS SUNDERLAND

BLACKBURN VS SHEFF WEDS

————

Luton vs Bournemouth 

Brentford vs Fulham

Notts Forest vs Crystal Palace

Burnley vs Sheff utd 

Wolverhampton vs Brighton and Hove

The madness that is football. 

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tommy Fresh said:

What winds me up more is that Rodgers has avoided having this on his CV. We should have kept him for the remaining games just so it would go against him

...he would have asked for the full sum owing to him to be paid if we chose to sack him!!!

He came to the table to negotiate a settlement, if he had to eat this relegation, he would have insisted on his pound of flesh.

Last time relegation was different - we were there for the ride never expecting to compete for long in the PlL with fairly talentless squad but full of heart and commitment. Now the opposite is true so the hurt and disappointment is that much deeper.

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Tuna said:

...now he starts to point fingers, and is directed squarely at the board and administrators, with no reference to Rodgers who took this club to the cliff edge!!!

Tanner is a coward, afraid to confront or refute whatever Rodgers said, yet cannot wait to put the boot into the club. 

Yes, there has been mismanagement of the club, I am sure it was not that they believed that they were too good to go down, one man had the power to stop this slide out of the Premier League and the other man gave us a big push, with no means of applying the hand brake.

Edited by sacreblueits442
Spelling error.
  • Like 1

Hard to put into words how I feel to be honest

Im in dismay at how our club has been ran and the poor showing of our players this season

Cant believe the majority clapped them at the end

Our club (and our fans) seem out of touch with the reality of our situation. There’s even now too much “oh we will be alright” going round.

We are in the shit. Heads need to roll.

Edited by TheUltimateWinner
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, breadandcheese said:

Technically you're right, but he has won us plenty of points throughout the season.

For me, the blame lies with playing Ward for 26 games. He didn't win us one point all season. And that solitary point was the difference. Fine margins.

I still can’t get out of my head, that attempted “pass” by Wilf against the Villa. What sort of technique did he believe he was trying to pull off! It was like one of those crazy table tennis shots you try when you’re getting thrashed and start pissing about by attempting some ridiculous spin shot. A video should be used to show all 7 year olds how to never attempt to pass a ball. 

• Like 1