Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

Being reflective about it, this could be as transformative as that day at Watford. It hurt like hell at the time, could have knocked the stuffing out of the squad completely and I remember there being threads on here tipping us for relegation the following season. 

As it turned out, lessons were learned. The team finally grew the backbone it needed and learned how to win ugly, we were never in danger of bottling it and went up with a decent squad. The rest is history.

Look at the Fulham squad that went down a couple of years ago and you'll see a gutless, overpaid rabble of mercenaries who took the club for a ride. One reset later and they went up, and stayed up, very comfortably  Burnley will probably do the same. Of course there are exceptions like Sunderland, Wolves and Stoke that we need to avoid but this club has learned from disaster before. It's crucial we do it again. 

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Bilo said:

Being reflective about it, this could be as transformative as that day at Watford. It hurt like hell at the time, could have knocked the stuffing out of the squad completely and I remember there being threads on here tipping us for relegation the following season. 

As it turned out, lessons were learned. The team finally grew the backbone it needed and learned how to win ugly, we were never in danger of bottling it and went up with a decent squad. The rest is history.

Look at the Fulham squad that went down a couple of years ago and you'll see a gutless, overpaid rabble of mercenaries who took the club for a ride. One reset later and they went up, and stayed up, very comfortably  Burnley will probably do the same. Of course there are exceptions like Sunderland, Wolves and Stoke that we need to avoid but this club has learned from disaster before. It's crucial we do it again. 

There's a difference between having a decent squad, young and hungry if you like, who messed up in one game versus a Top 10 PL squad who failed horribly and got relegated with half the players moving on. I like your optimism but it is likely nothing like that.

I think we will do well to sneak into the playoffs next season.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Tielemans63 said:

Am I right in thinking that not a single player has taken to social media to apologise?

They can’t win 

if they do then they will get dogs abuse in the replies 

I think they may do something on the website re interviews where they show their remorse for the season - but you have to remember that they will feel that they’ve given 100% and just been unlucky - they won’t see it like us 

3 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

There's a difference between having a decent squad, young and hungry if you like, who messed up in one game versus a Top 10 PL squad who failed horribly and got relegated with half the players moving on. I like your optimism but it is likely nothing like that.

I think we will do well to sneak into the playoffs next season.

Of the situations I described, I think we're much more like Fulham in 2021. 

I'd dispute that we 'messed up in one game' in 12-13 as well given we stank out the Championship from around February and only snuck into the playoffs in 6th place courtesy of an injury time goal. I distinctly remember us looking about as hungry as a coked up Kate Moss at Peterborough that season.

1 hour ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

I was trying to think how many times this season and even last, I spent Sat eve, Sunday and Mon morning checking and re checking FT and BBC sport for news that BR had been sacked. Too many to count, that's for sure.

I know I wasnt alone doing this.

Why the actual fvck didn't the board pull the trigger?

we was all with you doing the exact thing 

the feeling now from me is more pissed off it happened, since many of us could see it coming quite early on in the season

we was awful, a manager change then and imo we'd have stayed up

just annoys/pisses me off the idiots getting paid the big bucks didnt see it when we/most did

Stan Collymoore proves he has short memory. Saying that he's pleased Everton stayed up.... erm... you forgetting Stan. This meant Leicester went down... a club you once played for and where they play your famous goal on the big screen.

• Like 1

Obviously I wanted us to stay up, but in all honesty I don’t really care. As a team they deserve to be relegated.

But I feel indifferent about this team, Rodgers and the board. I should feel annoyed and upset but I don’t. I can’t be bothered about them, they have become an embarrassment. 
Big changes are needed and most of the pathetic players will be replaced. 

2 hours ago, Matt said:

Like I say all ex players, I mean that’s what Perez is in reality.

Not a peep from the current crop who have got us in the situation.

And our pathetic fanbase clapped them off the pitch. They don't give a damn, never have, never will. Evans' MOTD interview was very telling, basically came across as him saying they're all off and the mess is for the club to sort out. No words for the supporters or anything else from our 'captain'.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HybridFox said:

Probably being moderated by our world class PR team 

I think you can point the finger once more at Rudkin. Man likes to control 'the message' so nobody can criticise him.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

They can’t win 

if they do then they will get dogs abuse in the replies 

I think they may do something on the website re interviews where they show their remorse for the season - but you have to remember that they will feel that they’ve given 100% and just been unlucky - they won’t see it like us 

They can post something and then turn comments off or just ignore them?

2 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

They can post something and then turn comments off or just ignore them?

The post will be quoted by someone else and then slaughtered in replies to that. Their agents will have advised them to say nothing and to do things through the official club channels 

However, I expect we’ll see something later today or tomorrow and that could be on their SM accounts 

8 minutes ago, Patrick said:

And our pathetic fanbase clapped them off the pitch. They don't give a damn, never have, never will. Evans' MOTD interview was very telling, basically came across as him saying they're all off and the mess is for the club to sort out. No words for the supporters or anything else from our 'captain'.

What? What did he ****ing say?

1 hour ago, whetstonefox said:

Leeds fans always make me laugh(in a good way) they seem to have a humour and anger we could do with 

E1EF3C6C-D91D-42DE-8DC4-EDB037C89FFE.png

Fair play to the Leeds fans. We dish out some sort of response to the shit we’ve been served all season and all we get back is abuse from our own fvcking happy clapping brigade.

• Like 1