Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

If we lose to Brighton, it’ll start to look a little more bleak with us say on 1 point after 6 games.

The last 10 years. 

21/22 - Norwich - Relegated

20/21 - Burnley, Sheffield U, Fulham - 2 relegated

17/18 - Crystal Palace - Survived

16/17 - Sunderland - Relegated

13/14 - Sunderland - Survived

4/7 - 57% of the teams were relegated.

If you take the Premier League since it started. 

09/10 - Portsmouth - Relegated

05/06 - Sunderland - Relegated

04/05 - Crystal Palace - Relegated

02/03 - West Ham - Relegated

99/00 - Sheffield Wed - Relegated

98/99 - Southampton - Survived

96/97 - Blackburn - Survived

95/96 - Manchester City - Relegated

93/94 - Swindon - Relegated

11/16 - 69% of teams were relegated.

• Thanks 1

Also to add, compared to our worst ever seasons looking at a few stats.

94/95 - Brian Little - 1 Point

83/84 - Gordon Milne - 0 Point

This is pretty horrendous our own standards. 

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

Also to add, compared to our worst ever seasons looking at a few stats.

94/95 - Brian Little - 1 Point

83/84 - Gordon Milne - 0 Point

This is pretty horrendous our own standards. 

& We stayed up comfortably in 83 / 84 - We even had a bad finish to the year as well if memory serves me correctly. 

16 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

& We stayed up comfortably in 83 / 84 - We even had a bad finish to the year as well if memory serves me correctly. 

We finished 15th. We stayed up by 4 points.

Of the last 10 games, we picked up points with wins against West Ham, Norwich, Villa and Forest, then draws against Luton, Liverpool and Southampton. 

So at the time we’d have finished on a run of 11 points out of 20, so not the worst return in the world. 

Bizarrely, our first win came against Southampton, who finished 2nd that season. 

How the football landscape has changed. That league featured Luton, Coventry and Notts County. 

Edited by Sly
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

We finished 15th. We stayed up by 4 points.

Of the last 10 games, we picked up points with wins against West Ham, Norwich, Villa and Forest, then draws against Luton, Liverpool and Southampton. 

So at the time we’d have finished on a run of 11 points out of 20, so not the worst return in the world. 

Bizarrely, our first win came against Southampton, who finished 2nd that season. 

How the football landscape has changed. That league featured Luton, Coventry and Notts County. 

Much better than I remembered. 

I remember the terrible start - Was it 0 - 4 Vs Nots County and then 0 - 3 versus Luton?  

41 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

Much better than I remembered. 

I remember the terrible start - Was it 0 - 4 Vs Nots County and then 0 - 3 versus Luton?  

Something like that. I remember reading a few results and thinking … “ouch”

14 hours ago, Sly said:

If we lose to Brighton, it’ll start to look a little more bleak with us say on 1 point after 6 games.

The last 10 years. 

21/22 - Norwich - Relegated

20/21 - Burnley, Sheffield U, Fulham - 2 relegated

17/18 - Crystal Palace - Survived

16/17 - Sunderland - Relegated

13/14 - Sunderland - Survived

4/7 - 57% of the teams were relegated.

If you take the Premier League since it started. 

09/10 - Portsmouth - Relegated

05/06 - Sunderland - Relegated

04/05 - Crystal Palace - Relegated

02/03 - West Ham - Relegated

99/00 - Sheffield Wed - Relegated

98/99 - Southampton - Survived

96/97 - Blackburn - Survived

95/96 - Manchester City - Relegated

93/94 - Swindon - Relegated

11/16 - 69% of teams were relegated.

Only one of our games as well is against a team on fire (Arsenal), rest are expected relegation candidates or on shaky form themselves.

Edited by Chrysalis

14 hours ago, Sly said:

Something like that. I remember reading a few results and thinking … “ouch”

Mark Grew was in goal for the shocking start.Not sure if that was because of a Wallington injury or Grew had been signed as the new no1.Bad start and everything,that team was hungry and pulled off some great results.Staying up quite comfortably in the end.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I see people saying “we’re too good to be relegated”. That’s the exact type of attitude that will get you relegated. 

Yep, I remember many saying that about West Ham 20 odd years ago, when they had quite a few Enhland internationals.

Guest Col city fan

I think we look the worst team in the division at the moment.

Our play is definitely the slowest, easiest to play against and the most predictable.

This is going to be a hugely difficult season I think 

23 hours ago, Ian Nacho said:

I see people saying “we’re too good to be relegated”. That’s the exact type of attitude that will get you relegated. 

The people who are saying this are obviously fans who jumped on board after we won the league, and haven’t witnessed Season after season of shite 

Edited by Joe90lcfc

5 hours ago, Col city fan said:

I think we look the worst team in the division at the moment.

Our play is definitely the slowest, easiest to play against and the most predictable.

This is going to be a hugely difficult season I think 

Our play isn't the worst. Our mentality is, though. 

2 hours ago, brucey said:

Our play isn't the worst. Our mentality is, though. 

It’s absolutely the least effective at either end of the pitch so I’d say that qualifies as the worst. Can’t create chances, generally concede 2 per game…there’s not even any signs from performances that we are close to picking up more points! 

• Like 2

I just can't see how we are ever going to play any better, when the unsackable man in charge doesn't want to play any other way despite it not working for nigh on 18 months.  The players are sick of it. Its a recipe for disaster. 

The problem is, we will probably win 1 in 6 playing like this by chance, meaning Rodgers will continue to stick with it.

My feeling is the board will wait until the WC break to make a move.  At that point we'll have played 16 matches, and I suspect we'll be around 10-11 points.  Probably bottom of the table, certainly several points into the relegation zone.  The question is whether that will be enough time for a new manager to dig us out, even if he gets some help in January,