Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

50 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I begin to wonder whether or not this can be turned around whoever is in charge, confidence and morale is so low - look at the goal difference, the goals conceded.

Same here. Very reminiscent of Taylor's final season. There's no spirit in the team at all. We've players who want to leave and some completely frozen out. We needed 3 or 4 new players in the summer and couldn't afford them. There is still time, but we basically need to win a third of our remaining games. Right now, I'd say that isn't possible and indeed even Derby's lowest ever total looks a bit of a step too. We need a new manager, and they need to sort out those players who really want to be here and build around them. We need some fight in the team and some desire to put in a lot more effort than we're currently seeing.

Guest Col city fan
55 minutes ago, Tuna said:

I begin to wonder whether or not this can be turned around whoever is in charge, confidence and morale is so low - look at the goal difference, the goals conceded.

I said this weeks ago and was hit with ‘all it needs is to change the manager’.

I’m not so sure. 
Our defence is utterly awful and has been for well over a year 

Needs to go now

After today we need 39 points from 31 games to reach the magic 40

39 points from 31 games = 1.26 points per game

Over 38 games that gets you 48 points which is about 12th most seasons

We are still thankfully at a point where a new manager coming in and getting us playing at just a mid table level until the end of the season would keep us safe

• Like 2

Our squad is not that good .

No improvement since Puel.weve relied heavily on a world class Striker who has gone past his best and can no longer carry  a mediocre team on his shoulders.

The blame lies at Rogèrs door.

We are not an -overly rich club and the money Brendons scouting team have wasted is scandalous. Also he has overseen the players all ready here going backwards.

We are going down

2 hours ago, Tuna said:

This concerns me greatly too. However I do wonder just how much someone like Faes being around the club could turn the tide for everyone under a new manager. Almost injured Maddison before kickoff with a hard tackle and some of his challenges today were aggressive and passionate.

We’ve been lacking an on the field warrior for a long time now. If Faes can keep this up I wouldn’t be surprised if others around him start to pick up their efforts. 

3 minutes ago, Lcfc-1992 said:

Yeah they’re the ones I had down to stay. Albrighton was the only other, maybe Evans.

Fire sale will mean we don’t make lots on player sales, Maddison, Ricardo, Castagne, Kel, Barnes will all go under market value but should cover our first season of revenue losses together with parachute payments. No ****er will come in for Danny Ward, Vestergaard so we will be lumbered with them. Will prob be looking at free transfers in to make up the numbers. How quickly a club goes from europe to Peterborough 

Guest Col city fan
Just now, Cropwellfox said:

Fire sale will mean we don’t make lots on player sales, Maddison, Ricardo, Castagne, Kel, Barnes will all go under market value but should cover our first season of revenue losses together with parachute payments. No ****er will come in for Danny Ward, Vestergaard so we will be lumbered with them. Will prob be looking at free transfers in to make up the numbers. How quickly a club goes from europe to Peterborough 

It will depend in large part who the manager is. If the club get the next one or two managers wrong, I can see us dropping like a stone 

Just now, Cropwellfox said:

I’m sure I’ve seen the parachute payments would have to go towards the loan we’ve taken out

3 minutes ago, Cropwellfox said:

I can say with almost 100% certainty that no club will pay a fee for Ricardo. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Needs to go now

After today we need 39 points from 31 games to reach the magic 40

39 points from 31 games = 1.26 points per game

Over 38 games that gets you 48 points which is about 12th most seasons

We are still thankfully at a point where a new manager coming in and getting us playing at just a mid table level until the end of the season would keep us safe

Yes. The later it gets until that first win the further down the hole we go.It can end up in a situation where you need top eight form just to stay up.A run of 3 wins can drag you out,only for another dry patch to suck us back into it,and getting 3 wins with diminishing confidence is a tough ask anyway.

So important to get those first 2 wins on the board as early as possible.It’s what gave the 14/15 team a chance to catch up.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

I said this weeks ago and was hit with ‘all it needs is to change the manager’.

I’m not so sure. 
Our defence is utterly awful and has been for well over a year 

We still have Evans and Soyuncu, who have been very solid together in the past, and Ndidi who used to offer fantastic protection, and we have solid FBs. 

Our wonderful coach, together with his chosen team, has overseen their deterioration over the last 2 years, and has also been responsible for the (lack of) organisation in the defence. 

Who's to say that a more clued-up manager can't restore confidence in these defenders and improve the organisation in the defence?  To add to this, we also now have Wout who might well turn out be a beneficial addition.

It's possible to believe that a new management team may be able to turn this round quickly and hopefully in time to move clear of the relegation zone.