Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

1 hour ago, lcfcell said:

today we find out whether the club have accepted relegation or still have some ambition 

It's not that. They still think 2 wins will get us out of the mess we are in now and everything will be fine.

It's certainly not risky enough for them to part with a severance fee for Rodgers for.

I just don't know how we're so broke comparatively to other teams in the league. Something really isn't right. 

Pay 10 million and make a proactive decision with a 10million payment

or

Stay as we are and slumber our way to relegation losing 8 to 10 times the above amount  in revenue?

Edited by Raj

The really awful part is it's not like it's going to be some kind of trampoline effect.  With the massive exodus of players (and possibly whoever sees out the season after Rodgers finally goes) we'll be dealing with causing huge turnover, we're not out of the woods for going straight down to L1 in a season.  Good luck recruiting a decent manager to confront that situation.

16 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Finishing 18th would genuinely be an achievement at this rate. 

Every other side we are ''better than'' has more about them mentally, even if they aren't as good on paper.

I think we could probably still aim for 17th. lol

27% of relegation according to 538. That's largely statistically based and they are forgiving us the three fixtures away to top six pretty much. 

That's about the only thing that the stats guys are quite committed us being relegated - we've had four of the top nine away from home. 

The most traumatic thing will be the increasing possibly of selling Barnes, Thomas and KDH and watching Alves, Braybrooke et al poached by the bigger clubs unless we come back up immediately.

Edited by Foxxed

6 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

It will amuse me when we go from begging the club to sell Hamza to begging Hamza to stay at the club. He's getting 7.0s in the Championship. We'll need that kind of level when we're back there.

Can't wait for him to be offered a new 5 year deal lol and then get promoted so spend the next 4 trying to get rid of him again 

Right now as long as he goes in this break I think we will be fine, however the next 5 games is our best run of games for possible points in the whole season:

Forest (H), Bournemouth (A), Palace (H), Leeds (H), Wolves (A)

Now is probably the last “right time” to sack him and get someone else in, otherwise the more of those games he is in charge of takes away from our best chance of picking up points and putting together some form

• Like 1

The players are making mistakes here, there and everywhere, the focus is just not at 100%, probably not 95%. In the premier league that’s fatal and makes relegation inevitable.
Is the lack of focus due to them knowing there appears no consequences for them as BR will just get the blame? Is it because they know or think BR won’t be here much longer? Is it they are just confused by tactics? Is it they have just stopped listening to BR and just going through the motions? Has the manager given up & hoping for a pay off and that’s just seeped into the players mindset? Do we just have too many players wanting out that makes any cohesion or team spirit impossible?
Giving BR 5 more games seems a waste of time , what mistakes we are currently making do we think will get rectified with the same manager?

We still look a force going forward and that could yet save us but so many things going on I’m doubtful now. I’ll still renew the season ticket even though we have been sold a dud this season!

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I think we can answer this qustion sensibly after the next 6 games. Now is too soon. We have too many good players to go down

Not with Rodgers at the wheel we haven't. No win all season including bloody Stockport County over 90 minutes. Get rid and there is every chance you're right.

Trying to imagine the state of the squad in the Championship next year lol

Danny Ward keeps his place. Amartey and Vestergaard at the back. Luke Thomas would be first team, could potentially hold on to Justin.

KDH would stay and captain. Alongside Papy Mendy and Braybrooke.

George Hirst up front, Tawanda and Albrighton either side