Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

5 hours ago, Pliskin said:

We are getting relegated. The stats suggest so. 

The stats don’t show the quality of players we have though. Not many teams bottom of the table at this stage of the season would have a player of Vardy’s calibre sat on the bench. 

2 hours ago, Tommy G said:

I think we can answer this qustion sensibly after the next 6 games. Now is too soon. We have too many good players to go down

NO, we don’t. Not personal but I find this view very arrogant and in denial. It is not about individual names on the team sheet or past achievements.

The facts are that we are THE worst team in the league with no sign of that changing. 

Every game that passes and ever defeat is directly sliding the odds more towards relegation than staying up. If the next 6 games were Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham along with maybe Newcastle and Brighton, I.e clubs that we aren’t expecting to be around come the end of the season I’d be inclined to agree with it being less of a rush. If we pass up these games against relegation rivals by not making the change it could be, realistically if not mathematically, curtains for the season.

Statistically we are in a mess granted. But you only have to look outside of this at the players' body language, the unwillingness to track back, the half hearted challenges, the arguing on the pitch, the lack of desire to do the ugly side when we don't have the ball to understand we are well and truly f********d unless there's a change of manager.

Every day he's here we're more likely to go down. How and why they haven't pulled the trigger by now is beyond belief because they're putting the club's very future at risk by sticking with him. Top and the board are as culpable as Rodgers in all this.

Edited by Mapperleyfox
  • Like 3

Guest Col city fan
1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

NO, we don’t. Not personal but I find this view very arrogant and in denial. It is not about individual names on the team sheet or past achievements.

The facts are that we are THE worst team in the league with no sign of that changing. 

Every game that passes and ever defeat is directly sliding the odds more towards relegation than staying up. If the next 6 games were Man City, Liverpool, Arsenal and Tottenham along with maybe Newcastle and Brighton, I.e clubs that we aren’t expecting to be around come the end of the season I’d be inclined to agree with it being less of a rush. If we pass up these games against relegation rivals by not making the change it could be, realistically if not mathematically, curtains for the season.

Quite right

Form is never only about the quality of players we have in a squad, there are so many other metrics involved.

I remember seeing exactly the same type of comment during that fateful spring when we went down to League 1 under Holloway. 
‘We are too good to go down’… 

That squad contained some duffers but it also contained some decent players at Championship level.

When you are in some type of downward spiral, it’s hard to stop the rot. Confidence becomes shot, the fans start blaming certain players, hopes of a win become dashed with the next game and the next game and so on.

This won’t only be about the standard of the playing personnel.

This is why Rodgers should have gone ages ago. Last season, some of us were calling for a freshening up of how we were playing. Some new ideas, some fresh faces, some new hope and belief.

The owners look to have done a lot wrong over the last year or two. Ridiculous signings, little transparency and so forth.

Im amazed that Rodgers is still here. How bad does this rot have to get before something else is tried?

It’s bewildering really.

Edited by Col city fan

Who do you think will be charitable enough to stay a season in the Championship?

There’s loyalty but to choose to go down a league in your prime is a difficult option. And it’s basically two seasons lost anyhow at a level below you: this season, the season in the Championship and the difficult season if we get promoted.

Players like Barnes, KDH, Ndidi, Justin, Castange and the rest could be playing in clubs pushing for trophies in Europe rather than a club trying to return to the Prem.

At least we’ll be able to give the academy players some Championship experience if we get a manager who cares about the academy.

2 hours ago, Col city fan said:

Quite right

Form is never only about the quality of players we have in a squad, there are so many other metrics involved.

I remember seeing exactly the same type of comment during that fateful spring when we went down to League 1 under Holloway. 
‘We are too good to go down’… 

That squad contained some duffers but it also contained some decent players at Championship level.

When you are in some type of downward spiral, it’s hard to stop the rot. Confidence becomes shot, the fans start blaming certain players, hopes of a win become dashed with the next game and the next game and so on.

This won’t only be about the standard of the playing personnel.

This is why Rodgers should have gone ages ago. Last season, some of us were calling for a freshening up of how we were playing. Some new ideas, some fresh faces, some new hope and belief.

The owners look to have done a lot wrong over the last year or two. Ridiculous signings, little transparency and so forth.

Im amazed that Rodgers is still here. How bad does this rot have to get before something else is tried?

It’s bewildering really.

Agreed, a relegation battle is, I think, more about the mental strength, togetherness and desire, all the mental attributes more so than quality. 

This squad under the current manager does not have the stomach for it. They have proved it time and time again with the exception of the cup. The manager is spineless and the team has followed.

Id go as far to say I would say, if you told me Rodgers was definitely lasting the season, come what May, I would put relegation as about 95% certain given the trajectory and the lacking mental attributes. This is the infuriating thing, every game we delay is only shifting the adds further towards relegation now away. 

41 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Who do you think will be charitable enough to stay a season in the Championship?

At least we’ll be able to give the academy players some Championship experience if we get a manager who cares about the academy.

I'm really worried that we won't see Alves play for Leicester. He must have been offered a pro contract. Would you sign it if you were him given our current predicament?

Edited by An Away Move

4 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Agreed, a relegation battle is, I think, more about the mental strength, togetherness and desire, all the mental attributes more so than quality. 

All of those attributes mentioned is pretty much the definition of Kasper Schmeichel as a character - it's clearly missing this season, the will to fight. 

4 hours ago, LCFCJohn said:

I think this can be thrown right back at you. We are the worst team in the league right now. We possibly overachieved early on in previous seasons only to regress to a more accurate level, and I feel this is similar except we've done the regression at the start already and on the pitch.

We are shocking defensively and our play style with high pressed wing backs creates far too much space, and neither the cover or the CBs or the GK look anywhere near playing the system and the manager will stubbornly maintain this. That's a problem but while we may get battered, we've had the hardest 7 games of the 20 teams in general fixture difficulty (I believe,) but we also have the most favourable in the next 7 fixtures. That cannot be ignored. Fixtures over form always. With that in mind review where we are at the WC, Rodgers or no Rodgers this is about relegation. All this changes massive if we smash Nottingham Forest as we should do in a few weeks time. We could just as easily go on a sting of strong wins as we could lose 9-0 right now.

Guest Col city fan
Just now, RedSoxUK said:

I think this can be thrown right back at you. We are the worst team in the league right now. We possibly overachieved early on in previous seasons only to regress to a more accurate level, and I feel this is similar except we've done the regression at the start already and on the pitch.

We are shocking defensively and our play style with high pressed wing backs creates far too much space, and neither the cover or the CBs or the GK look anywhere near playing the system and the manager will stubbornly maintain this. That's a problem but while we may get battered, we've had the hardest 7 games of the 20 teams in general fixture difficulty (I believe,) but we also have the most favourable in the next 7 fixtures. That cannot be ignored. Fixtures over form always. With that in mind review where we are at the WC, Rodgers or no Rodgers this is about relegation. All this changes massive if we smash Nottingham Forest as we should do in a few weeks time. We could just as easily go on a sting of strong wins as we could lose 9-0 right now.

That’s why the Forest game is a real yardstick. 
They are under-performing and so are we.

It’s an early season 6 pointer and we must win it. 
Lose to Forest and any notion that we’ve had ‘difficult games’ goes out the window 

5 minutes ago, Mike1983 said:

All of those attributes mentioned is pretty much the definition of Kasper Schmeichel as a character - it's clearly missing this season, the will to fight. 

I do agree, not that I think that is the sole reason for the mess but maybe we’d not be in such a bad place…

6 minutes ago, RedSoxUK said:

Risk vs rewards isn’t it simply put. A manager change may not see an upturn but the majority of posters on here (not sure how representative of the overall fan base) can see that there is more chance of the so called favourable fixtures being frittered away. If we stick with him and waste these games, well

we are gone basically. As per the post from Col in response below, with the break now it is pivotal.

It’s not even like we are in games and losing tight games to strong sides, we are being battered week in week out, the squad is mentally shot, there is no fight. It’s getting worse by the week.

Basically there is zero evidence of any turn around coming and to look at the fixtures is sort of clutches at straws (and I intend that to come as a dig at you, it’s all about view points and opinions). I like the idea it could be the case but we aren’t really in a position now, even early on, to roll the dice and see and change after this run of games and still be fine….

11 minutes ago, An Away Move said:

I'm really worried that we won't see Alves play for Leicester. He must have been offered a pro contract. Would you sign it if you were him given our current predicament?

I think he’s already signed a contract. We’d likely see him in the Championship then he’d be off.

43 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Risk vs rewards isn’t it simply put. A manager change may not see an upturn but the majority of posters on here (not sure how representative of the overall fan base) can see that there is more chance of the so called favourable fixtures being frittered away. If we stick with him and waste these games, well

we are gone basically. As per the post from Col in response below, with the break now it is pivotal.

It’s not even like we are in games and losing tight games to strong sides, we are being battered week in week out, the squad is mentally shot, there is no fight. It’s getting worse by the week.

Basically there is zero evidence of any turn around coming and to look at the fixtures is sort of clutches at straws (and I intend that to come as a dig at you, it’s all about view points and opinions). I like the idea it could be the case but we aren’t really in a position now, even early on, to roll the dice and see and change after this run of games and still be fine….

It's not clutching at straws though, is it, the run to the world cup is very favourable (literally the best on paper of the 20.) We don't need to beat the Top 6, we did not get thrashed by Southampton which we shouldn't have lost and looked way better until we went ahead, likewise Brentford which we should have won - theyre far more indicative of our current state than Arsenal, Spurs, Chelsea, Brighton away, and Man U at home.

Forest H

Bournemouth A

Palace H

Leeds H

Wolves A

Man C 

You can't deny that our expected points is significantly higher than the first run of games both in fan view, and bookies odds. Rodgers or not it's favourable. We'll obviously see how it goes in a few weeks but I do have the belief these games will provide 10-12 points. 13 by the WC after 13 games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, An Away Move said:

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

I think he’s already signed a contract. We’d likely see him in the Championship then he’d be off.

1 hour ago, An Away Move said:

I think it would have been announced if it were the case.

1 hour ago, Foxxed said:

@Ric Flair How long’s Alves contracted to be here?

There's been no official announcement of an extended pro deal when he turned 17 in May, which would enable us to sign gim down for 3 years and then when he's 18 extend that again to 5 years. So he's either signed a pro deal and the club weirdly haven't announced it, or even weirder they haven't given him a new deal when he turned 17 and he's still on a scholar contract which expires either this summer coming or possibly the one after and is currently on a few hundred quid a week. Very weird and surely not.

But as is becoming typical of this club, there's so much strange decision making and/or communication of our academy that you'd not be surprised of he left and went elsewhere, he doesn't look to me to be enjoying his football but I hope I'm wrong.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

It's impossible to stay up while we are conceding at least 2 goals every game. This has been going on for months & BR has shown that he has no idea how to halt this. Relegation a certainty if he remains

Take everything else out of the equation, this is the main reason why BR will fail to stop relegation. The defence has got gradually worse month on month in his time here, he won't fix it.

When we go down. I was thinking who would stay. I think players who are out of it could actually become key players. We might even get a chant for Vestegaard.

Iverson 

NEW RB - could see Riccy, Castagne and James leaving.

Vestegaard - Evans out, Soy to Atleti, Amartey out

Faes - he’s only just signed, perhaps we keep him.

Thomas

Mendy - Ndidi - out

New CM - Tielemans, Maddison definitely out

KDH - I wish.

Perez

Vardy

New LF - Barnes out

Decent side but some real quality leaving. Quite a large amount for a relegated team. 

• Sad 1

If we sack Rodgers and still go down I'll be far less angry than if we don't and do. My level of anger at this point is based on how long we let him sabotage our season. I'd have more sympathy if we were seen to be obviously trying to rectify things.

Trust your gut instinct always. I've thought for a good year he wasn't it.

• Like 2