Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ealingfox

Relegation

On 23/09/2022 at 09:50, Number 6 said:

Nah the Champ is absolutely awful. Not saying we'd come back instantly but you only have to have a brief glimpse at the table to see how recently relegated teams are getting on. 

Sheff Utd - 1st

Norwich - 2nd

Burnley - 4th

Watford - 10th

West Brom - 21

West Brom definitely the outlier and suspect Bruce will go soon. Any team relegated from the Prem at the moment should be finishing in the top 6. We'd have a ton of money to spend after selling some assets if we dropped and would have to make sure it wasn't pissed up the wall, but we'd have plenty to get back up out of that league.

Early days for Burnley.If they don’t go up this year then they may never return.West Brom are now condemned to tier 2 and lower for years.The other three haven’t stuck around long enough to rack up the debts and losses chasing the dream.

5 minutes ago, Sly said:

We just need 38 points-ish. 

We’re capable of that, with a new voice in charge. 

Yes we are capable but I don’t see it happening with Rodgers still in charge we are going down. Top has his head in the sand which is sad to see.

2 hours ago, Sly said:

We just need 38 points-ish. 

We’re capable of that, with a new voice in charge. 

If we lose to Forest and Bournemouth (I assume he'll be here for both of them), then we're gonna need close to a 45% win rate to stay up, isn't that top 7 form? If we lose both of these and he's afforded any more games it's close to a certainty that we're going down surely, even with a new manager in for 28 games we aren't going to win 13 of them.

Basically he needs to be sacked by Leeds @ home or Wolves away otherwise we're going down.

On 23/09/2022 at 09:50, Number 6 said:

Nah the Champ is absolutely awful. Not saying we'd come back instantly but you only have to have a brief glimpse at the table to see how recently relegated teams are getting on. 

Sheff Utd - 1st

Norwich - 2nd

Burnley - 4th

Watford - 10th

West Brom - 21

West Brom definitely the outlier and suspect Bruce will go soon. Any team relegated from the Prem at the moment should be finishing in the top 6. We'd have a ton of money to spend after selling some assets if we dropped and would have to make sure it wasn't pissed up the wall, but we'd have plenty to get back up out of that league.

It’s the most open championship season in a long time. Couldn’t call a winner prior to the season starting and that’s a good thing. That said, still a long way to go and I still feel Norwich will win it agin.

Guest Col city fan
14 hours ago, Fox92 said:

It’s the most open championship season in a long time. Couldn’t call a winner prior to the season starting and that’s a good thing. That said, still a long way to go and I still feel Norwich will win it agin.

😊
Norwich are one of those clubs that really need another mini league between the Prem and the Championship. Too good for the Championship, not good enough for the Prem.

Same with Puukki.. scores goals for fun At Championship level 

Forest gives me hope we'll be in striking distance of the safety line come the World Cup, but that's the best we can hope for as long as Rodgers is in charge. I can see is picking up the odd win but that's about it, we ain't going on a run of form with Rodgers in charge.

Just now, when_you're_smiling said:

We might not get relegated but we’re definitely in that fight now until the last few weeks of the season. Anything over 18th and 40 points has to be the target now and these players seem incapable of putting a battling half together, never mind a full 90.

You can seriously see us getting 40 points? We need 1.25 points per game from this moment onwards, and I can't see us getting anything at Man City in 3 weeks...

1 minute ago, Fox92 said:

I'm convinced we're going down. Even if we got a new manager.

We are too far gone now. Its a big ask to pick this group up especially with a World Cup halfway through the season. 

• Like 1

Promoted teams must be laughing their heads off that an established premier league team seems to be willingly relegating themselves and seems determined not to do anything about it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Dames said:

We are too far gone now. Its a big ask to pick this group up especially with a World Cup halfway through the season. 

Agreed but even with that there's so many players who are just performing so poorly and not good enough. A new manager needs new players starting with a good winger and a good goalkeeper.

Edited by Fox92